vein-x is offline Associate Member

Full Protein Absorption???

Couple things I'd like to solidify before my gear really kicks in...

1) First and foremost: Has there been a proven answer to how many grams of protein are optimum per sitting? Or at least a pretty solid number? 20 is probably too low, but can the body handle a 75g protein shake or meal in a 15 minute meal?

2) It's easy for me to drink down a protein shake during the day... sometimes I have as many as 3. My question is: between those 3 shakes, how much of the 150g of protein is actually being absorbed and utilized?

3) People talk about solid protein being very important. I've always wondered, is a protein bar sufficient for a solid protein source? If you haven't noticed, I'm out of the dorm a lot and protein bars (like the ABB ones) and Optimum Nutrition have been very helpful lately. I've just started worrying that they're not cutting it. All together I'd say I get about 150-200g of protein from bars and shakes, and 100-150g from other sources like tuna and chicken breast. Big problems with that?

4) Finally, I can tell I need more solid protein sources, my 'big drugs' (Test Enan & EQ) will be kicking in within the next 2-4 weeks. By the time they do I want to be 150% sure I'm getting more than enough protein, calories and carbs. What are you favorites '5-Minute Recipes' for solid protein? Just a couple quick things that I can make when I'm home if I need a quick 30-40g protein.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    I ALWAYS have grilled chicken or some tuna...mix it up with mayonaise and throw jalapenos on there on 12 grain bread or somethin i swear its one of my favorite things to eat and tuna has so much protein in it and its so quick to make

OK, thanks for the suggestion. For some reason you reminded me of 'egg salad' where you get a bunch of boiled eggs and tuna and mix it together with mayo and salt and spice... damn good. I'm going to bulk cook some chicken breasts and egg salad soon.

Any other ideas guys?

If you have any answers to any or all of the questions, just list 'em off like

1) Answer...

Thanks for any help, and Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by vein-x
    Couple things I'd like to solidify before my gear really kicks in...

1) First and foremost: Has there been a proven answer to how many grams of protein are optimum per sitting? Or at least a pretty solid number? 20 is probably too low, but can the body handle a 75g protein shake or meal in a 15 minute meal?

2) It's easy for me to drink down a protein shake during the day... sometimes I have as many as 3. My question is: between those 3 shakes, how much of the 150g of protein is actually being absorbed and utilized?

3) People talk about solid protein being very important. I've always wondered, is a protein bar sufficient for a solid protein source? If you haven't noticed, I'm out of the dorm a lot and protein bars (like the ABB ones) and Optimum Nutrition have been very helpful lately. I've just started worrying that they're not cutting it. All together I'd say I get about 150-200g of protein from bars and shakes, and 100-150g from other sources like tuna and chicken breast. Big problems with that?

4) Finally, I can tell I need more solid protein sources, my 'big drugs' (Test Enan & EQ) will be kicking in within the next 2-4 weeks. By the time they do I want to be 150% sure I'm getting more than enough protein, calories and carbs. What are you favorites '5-Minute Recipes' for solid protein? Just a couple quick things that I can make when I'm home if I need a quick 30-40g protein.

1) There have been studies that concluded that the body can only absorb no more than 50 grams per serving and digestion. Protein breaks down slower because it is a more complex molecule. AAS enhances the bodies ability to synthesize protein but I have yet to see a study with respect to protein synthesis and AAS.

2) Liquid only shakes are subject to being broken down by the digestive enzymes in your stomach. Always best to take carbs with it for a better bond.

3) Get it anyway you can.

4) Designer Protein, raw oatmeal, cold water. Mix and eat in like 5 minutes. It's fast and it works.

Wow, thanks a lot Mike. Really helpful info and good suggestions.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    I've read that the body can absorb over 60 grams after a Hard work out. (read Author Rea). The bottom line is...everyone is different. Try to down as much as possible without tosssing your cookies. If you have gas....or serious indigestion....then you are over doing it.

If you are moving your bowls 2 twice a day, chances are you aren't absorbing as much as you'd like. Paul Borreson's group...the brotherhood of iron...sells a supplement that increases protein absorbtion...pm for the name.

Depending on how much you weight...and your goals.

I like IRONTEK casein protein....slow digesting...and taste is excellant.

Thread Information