Thread: overtraining?

muaythaiguy76 is offline Associate Member

overtraining?

i ussually target as follows chest monday tues shoulders , wed bis tris , thurs legs , fri back ,

everything is growing especially my legs and biceps triceps but i feel as if my chest is lagging and that most of my strength from benching is coming from my triceps and back only gear im on is sustanon and i was wondering if it would be alrite to train chest on friday also? because i ussually only stay sore for 1 to 2days im recovering alot faster it seems?

lucabratzi is offline Anabolic Member
    stick to once a week on chest, whats ur routine?...oh yeah there's a whole forum for this kind of question...

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    I used to lift like that as well but, look, tuesday your using muscles that you used on monday, wed you are using muscles that were used on tuesday. I think that might be too much. what is your rep/set/exercise scheme lookin like?
    I personally dont see anything wrong with this split

mon-legs
    tue-off
    wed-chest/shoulders/tris
    thu-off
    fri-back/bis/forearms
    sat/sun-off (cardio maybe)

just keep track, guage your progress and if nothing changes, you need to change something.

j martini is offline Member
    Training forum

Once a week is enough, switch to dumbells and keep the chest elavated and shoulders back.

Think stretch and squeeze, dont just train as heavy as you can.

i do 7 sets of flat bench with a warm up set of 10 reps then cuts down to 5reps or so and goes heavy with the last set being mild but not light and for more reps 8 - 10 then i ussually do a incline same thing , pec flys cable or dumbell 4 sets 10 8 6 4 reps imediatly following each set i do wide grip pushups

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by muaythaiguy76
    i ussually target as follows chest monday tues shoulders , wed bis tris , thurs legs , fri back ,

everything is growing especially my legs and biceps triceps but i feel as if my chest is lagging and that most of my strength from benching is coming from my triceps and back only gear im on is sustanon and i was wondering if it would be alrite to train chest on friday also? because i ussually only stay sore for 1 to 2days im recovering alot faster it seems?
    Your triceps are taking a pounding. They are getting worked 3 days in a row.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by muaythaiguy76
    i do 7 sets of flat bench with a warm up set of 10 reps then cuts down to 5reps or so and goes heavy with the last set being mild but not light and for more reps 8 - 10 then i ussually do a incline same thing , pec flys cable or dumbell 4 sets 10 8 6 4 reps imediatly following each set i do wide grip pushups
    7 sets!??!

little-one is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    Your triceps are taking a pounding. They are getting worked 3 days in a row.
    He says his tris are growing good though

Vegas67 is offline Member
    I personally space a at least a day between shoulders and chest since your delts are getting it twice.

maybe theyd grow more if i gave them time to rest seeing as how i have 4 to 5 days available to workout and would rather have the weekends off what would you guys suggest ?

Thread Information