Thread: Too much DHT?

ZIA1 is offline New Member

Too much DHT?

Currently taking test prop/primo/proviron (50mgED). I want to add Winny at 400mg/wk. Is the proviron and the winny not a good idea since they are both DHT derivatives? I am also taking propecia. I have been for a while. I just want to know if its ok to mix proviron and winny.

Anyone?

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by AIZ
    I just want to know if its ok to mix proviron and winny.

People do all the time, but it will increase your chances of hairloss. I was going to run Masteron and Proviron and really changed my mind of the Proviron mainly b/c of that side. My main and pretty much only side is hairloss. I've found that when I was taking Propecia my gains were very slow. I stopped taknig the Propecia and my gains definitely started to appear. Could it have been the Finisteride that was holding back my gains??? I think so..................

Still contemplating a new rememdy for the prevention of hairloss. Taking 500mgs of Saw Palmetto now, got a shower filter and all natural shampoos. Really did help a lot. Dutasteride seems to be very popular these days. Hmmmm.....

I'm taking 50mg ED Proviron but I just noticed in the summary that it states that a "reasonable dose" is 100-150mg. Has anyone taken this much Proviron before?

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    i have always thought that 50mg of proviron was the minimal dose.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I'm taking 50mg ED Proviron but I just noticed in the summary that it states that a "reasonable dose" is 100-150mg. Has anyone taken this much Proviron before?
    I would stick in the 50-75mg/dy range. I dont think propecia can stop winstrol or provirons androgenic effects, since they are DHT-derived, but not DHT itself. They dont react with 5alpha-reductase so DHT-inhibitor drugs (finasteride, dutasteride) will not be of use against them.

On a side note, DHT has no anabolic properties in muscle tissue since it is reduced to inactive form upon entering muscle. DHT does reduce estrogen (which leads to "hardening" type effects), and some improvement in strength as DHT excites your CNS to "fire better".

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    I would stick in the 50-75mg/dy range. I dont think propecia can stop winstrol or provirons androgenic effects, since they are DHT-derived, but not DHT itself. They dont react with 5alpha-reductase so DHT-inhibitor drugs (finasteride, dutasteride) will not be of use against them.

On a side note, DHT has no anabolic properties in muscle tissue since it is reduced to inactive form upon entering muscle. DHT does reduce estrogen (which leads to "hardening" type effects), and some improvement in strength as DHT excites your CNS to "fire better".
    Good post but what's your reason for sticking at a 75mg max?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Good post but what's your reason for sticking at a 75mg max?
    You will to have see what works best for you by trial and error. Most guys on this site will run test with 50mg proviron , mainly to cripple SHBG to increase testosterone 's potential Anything over 100mg would be excessive for most people. It all depends on AASs in question, dosages, your body, and if you are running any other anti-e's or SERMs with it? (If using only proviron to control estrogen, have nolva on hand, b/c gyno can still occur with proviron).

estrogen option one:
    ldex .25-.5mg/dy

estrogen option two:
    proviron 50mg/dy &
    nolvadex 10-20mg/dy

Running nolva alone can let estrogen blood levels get pretty damn high, running proviron alone can still cause gyno, and letro is too effective at riding estrogen (unhealthy).

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    You will to have see what works best for you by trial and error.
    Well, I posted a thread yesterday about a guy at my gym who is taking proviron -only (don't ask!). The guy swears buy it; says he's harder, losing body fat and gaining some strength. He's taking 75mgED. I spoke to him today about what I learned on the thread. He's convinced...he's thinking of knocking it up to 100mgED. I have no idea the sides he might experience with that dose. The only thing I could tell him is about the Proviron profile, which stated that 100-150 are "reasonable doses". What do you think of this guy's experiement? Is it dangerous to take 100mg of this stuff?

Can anyone hit my last post?

Thread Information