Montgomery is offline Associate Member

how much test is required to maintain normal test levels?

If you've been on cycle for 5 or 6 weeks, you can pretty much assume that your natty test is shut down, right? So if you wanted to cruise on test without gaining mass but without going through PCT yet, how much test would you have to take to maintain normal, physiological test levels?

Montgomery

bump

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    I would go with 200mg/wk some will say that 100mg/wk is enough but I don't buy it.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    125mg/wk is about right

Juddman is offline Anabolic Member
    i'd say somewhere between 100-200mgs test a week..but youd have to get your levels checked beforehand to figure out what your natty levels were pre-cycle

Logan13 is offline Banned

7mg/day

average male makes about 7mg/day. Roughly 50mg/week of natural testosterone production.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    You need to get your test levels checked to get to the right amount , I started on 100mg per week and I am now down to 60mg and my levels are still a bit high and I am 50. Go with 100mg and run that for three weeks then go get a test done

little-one is offline Associate Member
    your natural production will still be close to 0 even with the low dose of test.
    You have to completely come off for your natural test to come back

tullemus is offline Junior Member
    135 mg weekly / 250 every 2-3 weeks... Some need less, some need more. Depends on bloodwork done..

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    the average male produces 4-7mg of test per day

cool guys, thanks for the info.

Montgomery

MarkinHouston is offline Associate Member
    Most dr's that use hrt will put a patient on 100-150mg/wk

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Well, exongeous test with the ester attached isn't picked up by your muscles as well as your natty test. So 50mgs of natty test will have more affinity that juice. I would say 200mgs would be cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Well, exongeous test with the ester attached isn't picked up by your muscles as well as your natty test. So 50mgs of natty test will have more affinity that juice. I would say 200mgs would be cruising.
    If you use SUSPENSION--the entire game changes...

[R]

Quote Originally Posted by Rossosterone Nation
    If you use SUSPENSION--the entire game changes...

[R]

Suspension will make your hair thin if you're predisposed to MPB. Finastride doesn't help with suspension. Otherwise it's a great drug like Winny.

For hrt they usually give you test cyp once every two weeks after ester weight is gone your getting about 70-80 mgs of test and your body makes around 70mg on its own per week. So .5cc of test e or test c a week should do ya.

Anadrol50_power is offline Junior Member
    I myself have come of a 500mg a\week TestE cycle without any PCT @ all ...it lasted 6weeks. 2months after I'm stilll left with 10lbs of gains from it. So I am to assume that the cycle itself wasn't long enuff to supress the system entirely. At least not for it to restart again pretty quickly. So I wouldn't worry too much...

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    i would run 250 a week. what kind of test did you wont to run. i would run a long ester like test-d

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    I would go with 200mg/wk some will say that 100mg/wk is enough but I don't buy it.
    Unless you are lucky and your synthetic testosterone matches your DNA specific testosterone, 100 mg would not be enough. Recent studies show that synthetic testosterone only hits 40% of the testosterone receptors that your own natural testosterone does, so you have to compensate. A normal healthy adult male age 28 should produce 70 mg of testosterone per week. Because synthetic testosterone is less effective you have to adjust the artificial dose. The reality is, to emulate a healthy adult male age 28, you should take between 140 and 180 mg of testosterone cypionate or enanthate per week. 200 mg of testosterone per week would be acceptable for a larger man with bigger muscles because he has more testosterone receptors that drink up the excess.

A doctor giving you only 100 mg of test a week is actually trying to emulate the normal healthy testosterone production of a 38 year old male, which is still good enough to support a good sex drive, but I donno about you but I'd rather have the sex drive of the 28 year old... even better, sex drive of a 21 year old would make me happy!

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Unless you are lucky and your synthetic testosterone matches your DNA specific testosterone, 100 mg would not be enough. Recent studies show that synthetic testosterone only hits 40% of the testosterone receptors that your own natural testosterone does, so you have to compensate. A normal healthy adult male age 28 should produce 70 mg of testosterone per week. Because synthetic testosterone is less effective you have to adjust the artificial dose. The reality is, to emulate a healthy adult male age 28, you should take between 140 and 180 mg of testosterone cypionate or enanthate per week. 200 mg of testosterone per week would be acceptable for a larger man with bigger muscles because he has more testosterone receptors that drink up the excess.

A doctor giving you only 100 mg of test a week is actually trying to emulate the normal healthy testosterone production of a 38 year old male, which is still good enough to support a good sex drive, but I donno about you but I'd rather have the sex drive of the 28 year old... even better, sex drive of a 21 year old would make me happy!
    Hey Ntpa,

Can you post the study supporting the 40% "absorption" of synthetic test? Or point me in the right direction. I very curious about this study.
    thanks.
    K.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight1811
    Hey Ntpa,

Can you post the study supporting the 40% "absorption" of synthetic test? Or point me in the right direction. I very curious about this study.
    thanks.
    K.
    There is no way to put a % figure on receptor regulation but synthetic juice is not picked up as well as natty test by the receptors in the muscles. Everybody is going to respond different to each drug. That's why it's good to test different drugs to see what works best for you at the lowest dosage possible. For me like most, test e seems to work well once it finally kicks in @ 750mgs/week. Now I'm 36 years old so I would need a little more than somebody that is 25. I grew fine off 250-500mgs in my 20s. That doesn't work for me anymore, I'm old school now. Some people prefer cyp and some prop or even sustanon .

Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude

OK so how do you explain me being well over the high end of the range on 60mg Test E a week and I am 50 years old ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    OK so how do you explain me being well over the high end of the range on 60mg Test E a week and I am 50 years old ?
    Please back up your statement with data. What do you mean by "well over the high end of the range on 60mg Test E a week"? High end of what range? A 50 year old male? So 60mgs of external test a week is giving you lbm gains? The older we are the more we have to take to bridge the gap to a younger male in his 20's or 30's. It sounds more like HRT in your case.

Please back up your statement with data. What do you mean by "well over the high end of the range on 60mg Test E a week"? High end of what range? A 50 year old male? So 60mgs of external test a week is giving you lbm gains? The older we are the more we have to take to bridge the gap to a younger male in his 20's or 30's. It sounds more like HRT in your case.
    The title of this thread is "how much Test is required to maintain normal levels" is it not ? The blood tests I have state that the normal levels are between 241 and 827 ng/dl. Happy to dispute those ranges with the lab if you want. Now my result came back at 1241 ng/dl which is "well over the high end of the range" there are no ranges stated on the report showing levels by age and there are ranges by age for other tests such as IGF, so I assume the ranges are standard for all ages. So on 60mg Test E a week I am "well over the high end of the range".

Need more backup data ?

Maetenloch is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    One thing SWALE has pointed out in several of his HRT articles is that there is no way to predict ahead of time the amount of testosterone someone will need to bring their levels to the high end of normal. There are a lot of factors that affect how someone will react to exogenous test. All doctors can do is start with an initial dose of 50 - 100 mg/week and adjust it up or down until test levels are in the upper quartile of normal.

Knight1811 is offline Associate Member
    There is no way to put a % figure on receptor regulation but synthetic juice is not picked up as well as natty test by the receptors in the muscles. Everybody is going to respond different to each drug. That's why it's good to test different drugs to see what works best for you at the lowest dosage possible. For me like most, test e seems to work well once it finally kicks in @ 750mgs/week. Now I'm 36 years old so I would need a little more than somebody that is 25. I grew fine off 250-500mgs in my 20s. That doesn't work for me anymore, I'm old school now. Some people prefer cyp and some prop or even sustanon.
    I agree with you (that it varies from person to person) and that's why I want to see the studies supporting the 40% "absorption" study. I'm very curiuos who did the study, how they set up the study, and how they arrived at the 40% or so absorption figure. It should prove to be a good read.

K

Thread Information