Thread: Bromo?

BIGMAN@ is offline Junior Member

Bromo?

Does bromo have any ill efects on a cycle? Like counteracting the steroid or anything?I get bad gyno from fina but not test and wanna run it with cycle ,as bromo dont give me any side effects as some get.....

Anyone?

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    Bromo makes me feel so incredibly bad i cant use it ever again - I use cabergoline instead now & the sides are waaaaay less.
    So yes - bromo had the side effect of making me want to die, and certainly not want to go to the gym, or infact do anything except go to bed.

bromo has some pretty strong sides, you should research it well. Many people, as noted above, prefer cabergoline because is more specific and tolerable.

I dunno man i noticed if i take it at bedtime i get no side effects what so ever. Nowe on the other hand, anytime during the day if i take, i get sick as helll...I have been taking for weeks now at night and have had no side effects at all..i actually feel better in a sense...lol...go figure..everyones body is difff i guess

Milky87 is offline Member
    have you ever thought that it is becaue you sleep through them?

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Bromo will kill your apatite as well as make you feel sick.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    bromo is also a psycho med. im not sure what its supposed to treat, maybe schizophrenia. god knows i love tren , but if it causes you such bad gyno, then winstrol depot would probably be a better choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Bromo will kill your apatite as well as make you feel sick.
    typically true

Some uselful info i found...Cabergoline actually does sound better..im gonna switch....

Bromocriptine enhances dopamine, which declines with age, and restrains prolactin, which increases with age

Bromocriptine is a semi-synthetic derivative of the ergo group that boosts dopamine (a neurotransmitter and a precursor of other substances including adren****) and slows down the production of prolactin (a hormone released from the anterior pituitary gland that stimulates milk production after childbirth).

Past the age of 40 it is estimated that the healthy person undergoes a dopamine decline of approximately 13% per decade. As dopamine is essential for brain activity, some neurologists have stated that if we increase life expectancy we shall all be senile! Therefore, protection and enhancement of the dopamine producing neurons is a key strategy for anti-aging medicine.

Bromocriptine, therefore, is not only used in the management of mental degenerative conditions such as Parkinson's disease, but as a preventative medicine for those wishing to delay age-related mental decline.

Its second major anti-aging use of Bromocriptine is the inhibition of Prolactin. Prolactin is produced by the pituitary gland, and is one of the few hormones that increase with age. It has been described as a fat synthesis hormone because one of its primary functions is to trigger lactation (milk production) and weight gain in pregnancy. In women, Bromocriptine has been used to help restore ovulation, but it also helps to reduce serum Prolactin levels in men, (although the precise role of Prolactin in men is unclear). In addition, some researchers believe Prolactin levels play a significant part in immune system suppression.

Bromocriptine also effects the most famous of all pituitary hormones, Growth Hormone (GH). Bromocriptine increases GH secretion in individuals with normal GH concentrations, but paradoxically suppresses GH secretion in patients suffering from acromegaly (a condition of excessive GH production).

An interesting clinical study administered a component of tobacco called DMBA to rats, at a level where it is known to be very effective in producing breast cancer. However, rats that had been pre-treated with Bromocriptine completely avoided any cancer development. Bromocriptine therefore appears to also offer itself as a very potent free radical quencher.

One of the most recent studies indicates that Bromocriptine may be a candidate for the treatment of Type-II diabetes. This is because Bromocriptine has been shown to suppress lipogenesis and improve glucose tolerance and insulin resistance.

One animal study suggested that a further action of Bromocriptine is to alter the CNS (central nervous system) regulating metabolism, which helps to prevent weight gain.

Dosage:
    Take 1.25mg or 2.5mg daily, unless treating a serious medical disorder where dosage may differ according to your physician's guidance.

Side effects:
    Nausea, dizziness, lowering of blood pressure, hypotension and confusion. The first three are relatively common, especially when undertaking initial use. It is also known to increase fertility.

Caution:
    Bromocriptine is a very potent substance and it must not be used by pregnant or lactating women, unless under the guidance of a physician. Bromocriptine does contraindicate with psychoactive and hypotensive drugs and other Dopamine enhancing drugs, such as Deprenyl and Sinemet ® CR. Although often dependant on the dosages used, these should only be administered concurrently under a physician's guidance. Its effects can also be exaggerated when combined with other ergots, including Hydergine and Nicergoline.

Cabergoline

Cabergoline (CAB) (1-[(6-allelylergolin-8 beta-yl)carbonyl]-1-[3-(dimethylamino)propyl]-3-ethyl-urea) is an ergoline derivative with potent, selective and long-lasting inhibitory activity on prolactin (PRL) secretion acting on dopamine receptors present in pituitary lactotrophes. Receptor binding studies have demonstrated that CAB has high in vitro selectivity and affinity for the subtype D2 of the dopamine receptor. In cultures of rat anterior pituitary cells, the concentrations of CAB and bromocriptine required to inhibit PRL secretory activity by 50% (IC50) were 0.1 and 3.4 nmol/l, respectively. As compared to bromocriptine, CAB was more potent in inhibiting the binding of [3H]N-n-propylnorapomorphine and it occupied the receptor for longer. These effects were observed in all areas of the rat brain. In vivo, CAB at doses of 0.125-1 mg twice weekly caused a dose-dependent suppression of PRL secretion in women with hyperprolactinaemia. CAB was shown to be significantly more effective than bromocriptine in inducing a complete biochemical response and clinical efficacy and was better tolerated than bromocriptine in the majority of patients. Notable tumour shrinkage until tumour disappearance was observed during CAB treatment in most patients with macroprolactinoma. CAB was also shown to be effective in patients resistant or poorly responsive to bromocriptine. In view of the limited data on CAB-associated pregnancies and the long half-life of the drug, it is currently recommended that women seeking to became pregnant, once ovulatory cycles have been established, should discontinue CAB therapy 1 month before they intend to conceive. However, no data on negative effects on pregnancy or offspring have been reported. The great efficacy of CAB together with its excellent tolerability makes this drug the current treatment of choice for the majority of patients with hyperprolactinaemic disorders. Very recently, the efficacy of CAB treatment has been reported in patients with acromegaly and clinically non-functioning adenomas with controversial results. CAB was also reported to have some efficacy in patients with Nelson's syndrome and Cushing's disease although these data are available only for limited case reports.
    Last edited by BIGMAN@; 12-28-2005 at 10:15 PM.

velvetlion is offline Banned
    After reading that, I guess I don't see any advantage to taking this stuff. Sounds like there are a lot of undesireable effects. I have never heard of it before. Is it something being commonly used as of late?

i dont know if alot of people are taking it. I myself get the gyno from fina, i can take test up to high doses and nothing, but fina , it comes on quick. Ive been taking the bromo and it seems to be working on keeping fina gyno down, but as you said the side effects are harsh. I am goin to switch to cabergoline as it is more specific and has less side effects. Also, after more research, it souns like CAb may work better.

USfighterFC is offline Anabolic Member
    i took bromo and i'm tellin you right now find something else. I took bromo and the shit made me sick not for an hour or two but about 12 hours. I couldnt do anything!! I felt so nasty for a long time I actually couldnt even take it anymore.

I guess ive been just takin it at night and have been sleeping through it. I wake up fine, no effects at all (durin the day is a diff story). I am deff switching tho as cab works better ive read.

Thread Information