TantruM is offline Associate Member

What Medication for Pain? Ripped Muscle! Help

wondering what i can do for pain last week i ripped the muscle that connects shoulder up the back of my head (looks like "upper trap" from what seen in diagrams)... i need to take something for pain because its disableing pain its so bad i wanna puke... it keep me up 3 nights then went away today... but soon as i hit gym for first time in 3 days it came back just as strong as ever and wont go away....

so whats safe medication to use for pain im on test E and EQ... i dont wanna screw gains and how long till should be ok? any guesses.. going to see doctor isnt real option i live in boom town and everyone is booked 3 or 4 months in advance

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    You don't have a hospital in your area?If my doctor is booked solid,and I was in severe pain,I'd be at the emergency ward.That's me though,I'm weird like that.

~Pinnacle~

what would safe meds to take be tho pinnacle?

also im on week 9 of cycle planning to goto 16 but since struggleing with shoulder before and now this.... i wanna keep going but dont know what to do... tonight i struggled and finished a chest and tri workout... but had to stop numerious times because the pain was so intense i needed to hold my neck and go in bathroom because thought was gonna eaither puke or passout...

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by TantruM
    what would safe meds to take be tho pinnacle?
    Have you tried Advil or any anti-inflammation OTC medications?

~Pinnacle~

herd advil and such hinder gains alot?.... though this pain is constant and ummm lol make me wanna slit my wrists .. jk

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Don't be stupid .... go and see a sport's doctor before you do yourself permanent damage and are unable to train EVER again!!!

justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member
    You really need to go to an ER if you can't get in to a doc. If you think you tore the muscle that is pretty serious shit. If it gets worse when you lift how do you think it will ever get better. They will tell you in the ER what to do.

ranran is offline Junior Member
    If you have torn the mucle you will have extensive bruising in that area. Do you? If not, then you more than likely pulled or strained....yes they are different, strained being much less significant and therefore requiring less recuperative time.

As was stated previously.......get to a dr.

PaulieM. is offline Banned
    doctor-he'll give you some percocet hopefully

yeah there isnt any bruising... and it sorta goes away for a while until i tense up (lifting anything, shitting, whatever) it come back full force for a while iv been taking 1000mg of ibproferne like 2x a day seems to help it go away

how serious injury would it be for you guys to end a cycle.. i mean i can still train legs,calf, bi's, tris, abs, chest (with moments of extreme pain), but not shoulders or back

ima goto ER tommorrow and ill post results..

Juicy Sauce is offline Member

Exclamation

bro i had the exact same thing. week 3 of my cycle i was doing shrugs and seperated trap from neck (bone). there arent any tendons or ligaments in the neck so its very easy to strain. when it does some of the muscle rips off of the bone. i was in so much pain i was puking and thought it would never fully recover. i took advil as pinn suggested and iced it. it is also important to take a few days off from gym. stay on juice as it will spead up the recovery proccess. after taking 3 or 4 days off. i just took it easy in the gym for a bit. now 2 weeks later its fully better. good luck bro. and remember, if u rest it, it will heal!

yooo is offline Associate Member
    nubain

Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Sauce
    bro i had the exact same thing. week 3 of my cycle i was doing shrugs and seperated trap from neck (bone). there arent any tendons or ligaments in the neck so its very easy to strain. when it does some of the muscle rips off of the bone. i was in so much pain i was puking and thought it would never fully recover. i took advil as pinn suggested and iced it. it is also important to take a few days off from gym. stay on juice as it will spead up the recovery proccess. after taking 3 or 4 days off. i just took it easy in the gym for a bit. now 2 weeks later its fully better. good luck bro. and remember, if u rest it, it will heal!

thanks bro this is the kinda story i was hoping to hear... i got like 3 weeks til gotta go back to work so was stoked about working out hard all my holidays but with this i guess ill put stuff on backburner for a week and see how it goes.... i was scared that it wouldnt ever go away because it only hurts like you said once its strained... but thats done super easy and it goes from no pain to almost puking my balls off within a second...

also sauce did you goto gym and do other muscles ... bi's tri's legs and such while injuried?

Juicy Sauce is offline Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TantruM
    also sauce did you goto gym and do other muscles ... bi's tri's legs and such while injuried?
    nope. i didnt. the reason is because if u keep training your body will have to heal those muscle groups as well as ur injured neck. but if u dont train and just rest eat and sleep for 4 days then ur body will only have one thing to work on. ur injured neck. i was on juice and didnt want to sit at home, but i knew if i kept reinjuring it, well, thats just foolish. look at me now. my neck is 100% and my body was just itching to hit the gym after the rest. i had to be careful not to go crazy ape shit and injure something else. remember i was off for 4-5 days and then took it easy for about another week. always do slow controlled movements. trust me, im a personal trainer. take it easy bro, u'll b ok.
    oh and advil b4 bed. ice 20min on 20min off

Thread Information