Thread: Steroid Effects

SteelGirl is offline Junior Member

Steroid Effects

HAS any females experienced any height growth while on a cycle?? What about attitude changes

JdFlex is offline Senior Member
    You should post this in the female members area. You'll get more help there.

I have posted the questions there also. Are you male or female?? I haven't had any replies yet.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelGirl
    HAS any females experienced any height growth while on a cycle?? What about attitude changes
    I am not female but I can tell you that anabolic -androgenic steroids are not linked to increases in height - they can actually stunt growth in adolecents by fusing the growth plates...

Attitude changes do occur in the form of increased testosterone and estrogen (and other hormones directly and indirectly) in the body - the increase in hormones can make you feel a bit more confident and aggressive at times (though not impulsive - impulsive acts are a sign of imaturity, not AAS use)... the funny thing is estrogen has been shown to be the cause of increased aggression

But anyway... check this out from Anabolic Steriods in Sport and Exercise (2000) page 254-255 (Bahrke):

"Although testosterone has been linked with aggression for many years, particularly in males, recent research indicates that estrogen, and not testosterone, may be partly responsible for increased aggression. Since testosterone, through the enzme aromatase, can be converted in the brain to estrogen, higher levels of estrogen can act directly on brain cells.

"In a study to assess the effects of sex steroids on aggressive behavior, Finkelstein and colleagues (1997) administered either depot-testosterone to hypogonadal boys or estrogen to girls at three physiological doses using a double-blind, placebo-controlled, 3-month, crossover design. Responses to placebo were compared with responses to hormones at specific doses. At the low dose, scores for aggressive impulses and physical aggression against peers significantly increased only for girls. At middose, the scores for girls significantly increased for aggressive impulses, physical aggression against peers, and physical aggression against adults. The scores for boys significantly increased for physical aggression against adults. At the high dose, physical aggression against peers significantly increased only for boys. These results suggest that sex steroids affect aggressive behavior in adolecents. Girls showed larger and earlier increases than boys, suggesting that estrogen has a significant role in change in aggression scores during puberty and that testosterone may exert its effect via concersion to estrogen."

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I am not female but I can tell you that anabolic -androgenic steroids are not linked to increases in height - they can actually stunt growth in adolecents by fusing the growth plates...

Attitude changes do occur in the form of increased testosterone and estrogen (and other hormones directly and indirectly) in the body - the increase in hormones can make you feel a bit more confident and aggressive at times (though not impulsive - impulsive acts are a sign of imaturity, not AAS use)... the funny thing is estrogen has been shown to be the cause of increased aggression

But anyway... check this out from Anabolic Steriods in Sport and Exercise (2000) page 254-255 (Bahrke):

"Although testosterone has been linked with aggression for many years, particularly in males, recent research indicates that estrogen, and not testosterone, may be partly responsible for increased aggression. Since testosterone, through the enzme aromatase, can be converted in the brain to estrogen, higher levels of estrogen can act directly on brain cells.

"In a study to assess the effects of sex steroids on aggressive behavior, Finkelstein and colleagues (1997) administered either depot-testosterone to hypogonadal boys or estrogen to girls at three physiological doses using a double-blind, placebo-controlled, 3-month, crossover design. Responses to placebo were compared with responses to hormones at specific doses. At the low dose, scores for aggressive impulses and physical aggression against peers significantly increased only for girls. At middose, the scores for girls significantly increased for aggressive impulses, physical aggression against peers, and physical aggression against adults. The scores for boys significantly increased for physical aggression against adults. At the high dose, physical aggression against peers significantly increased only for boys. These results suggest that sex steroids affect aggressive behavior in adolecents. Girls showed larger and earlier increases than boys, suggesting that estrogen has a significant role in change in aggression scores during puberty and that testosterone may exert its effect via concersion to estrogen."

Well this explains my VERY aggressive attitude but not the height issue, I'm not complaining about the height at all though. I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this!!!

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I would expect AASs to really upset the female hormonal environment causing a great shift in androgen to estrogen ratio. To achieve any height gain, one would have to greatly suppress estrogen thru the use of ldex or preferably letro in this case. Letro is powerful stuff and further problems would arise with its use in females (menstrual cycle disruptions, breast atrophy, poor lipid values, decrease in bone mineral diposition).

So for height anavar and letro is really the only way (GH is another option). Anavar is quite mild and is approved for female use too. This is all assuming your growth plates are open.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    I would expect AASs to really upset the female hormonal environment causing a great shift in androgen to estrogen ratio. To achieve any height gain, one would have to greatly suppress estrogen thru the use of ldex or preferably letro in this case. Letro is powerful stuff and further problems would arise with its use in females (menstrual cycle disruptions, breast atrophy, poor lipid values, decrease in bone mineral diposition).

So for height anavar and letro is really the only way (GH is another option). Anavar is quite mild and is approved for female use too. This is all assuming your growth plates are open.

Well Mike the growth has occured and is still happening. Like I said I'm not complaining. Have you heard of any other women growing taller while on steroids ??

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike

I don't think androgens will cause any increase in height - and according to this one study (many of them available) - the younger you are, the more profound effect they have on STUNTING growth. Growth Hormone is a whole different story...

Impact of sex steroids and their suppression on skeletal growth and maturation

P. A. Boepple, M. J. Mansfield, K. Link, J. D. Crawford, J. F. Crigler Jr, D. C. Kushner, R. M. Blizzard and W. F. Crowley Jr
    Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston.

Forty girls with central precocious puberty (CPP) were studied before and during 1-3 yr of luteinizing hormone-releasing factor (LHRH) agonist (LHRHa) administration to examine the impact of gonadal steroid secretion and its suppression on skeletal growth and maturation. Pubertal growth velocity (GV) was 10.1 +/- 0.7 (SE) cm/yr and, when normalized for chronological age (CA) and bone age (BA), demonstrated that the effects of sex steroids were most profound in patients with the youngest CA and BA. GV decreased significantly to 5.8 +/- 0.3 (n = 40), 4.6 +/- 0.3 (n = 30), and 3.2 +/- 0.6 cm/yr (n = 12) during 3 yr of gonadal suppression and correlated negatively with starting BA. Skeletal maturation was markedly accelerated by premature sex steroid secretion (BA/CA = 1.8 +/- 0.1), was slowed significantly with gonadal suppression (mean delta BA/delta CA less than 1), and also was negatively correlated with the starting BA. Cumulative increases in predicted adult height were observed regardless of starting BA and averaged +2.0 +/- 0.4, +5.2 +/- 0.5, and +6.7 +/- 1.2 cm after 1, 2, and 3 yr of gonadal suppression. The comparable changes in height predictions across all BAs despite highly variable GVs underscore the need for use of developmental (i.e., BA-based) rather than CA-based standards in the analysis of growth during gonadal steroid exposure and suppression in childhood.
    Endocrinology and Metabolism

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I don't think androgens will cause any increase in height - and according to this one study (many of them available) - the younger you are, the more profound effect they have on STUNTING growth. Growth Hormone is a whole different story...

Impact of sex steroids and their suppression on skeletal growth and maturation

P. A. Boepple, M. J. Mansfield, K. Link, J. D. Crawford, J. F. Crigler Jr, D. C. Kushner, R. M. Blizzard and W. F. Crowley Jr
    Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston.

Forty girls with central precocious puberty (CPP) were studied before and during 1-3 yr of luteinizing hormone-releasing factor (LHRH) agonist (LHRHa) administration to examine the impact of gonadal steroid secretion and its suppression on skeletal growth and maturation. Pubertal growth velocity (GV) was 10.1 +/- 0.7 (SE) cm/yr and, when normalized for chronological age (CA) and bone age (BA), demonstrated that the effects of sex steroids were most profound in patients with the youngest CA and BA. GV decreased significantly to 5.8 +/- 0.3 (n = 40), 4.6 +/- 0.3 (n = 30), and 3.2 +/- 0.6 cm/yr (n = 12) during 3 yr of gonadal suppression and correlated negatively with starting BA. Skeletal maturation was markedly accelerated by premature sex steroid secretion (BA/CA = 1.8 +/- 0.1), was slowed significantly with gonadal suppression (mean delta BA/delta CA less than 1), and also was negatively correlated with the starting BA. Cumulative increases in predicted adult height were observed regardless of starting BA and averaged +2.0 +/- 0.4, +5.2 +/- 0.5, and +6.7 +/- 1.2 cm after 1, 2, and 3 yr of gonadal suppression. The comparable changes in height predictions across all BAs despite highly variable GVs underscore the need for use of developmental (i.e., BA-based) rather than CA-based standards in the analysis of growth during gonadal steroid exposure and suppression in childhood.
    Endocrinology and Metabolism

Then how is it I have grown taller???!!! Am I just a freak or what??? Does this explain the new attitude, I guess you could call it an alter ego as well?? I just have questions as to why this is happening, I'm not going to stop at all though!! If I become my alter ego then so be it, it doesn't matter to me and I don't mind growing taller and taller!!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    How many forums are you going to pose this same question in??

~SC~

Well it was suggested I ask it in other forums as well, sorry Swole!!

Thumbs up

So does anyone have anymore thoughts on my question?? I would really like to know. Swole I understand what you were saying about going to a doctor, I just want to know if this is something rare. Honestly if it is something rare I don't want to do anything to stop it!! Can you imagine how tall and strong I could get and what kind of personality I would have??!!!

Thread Information