stumpy29 is offline Associate Member

Working out while sick

How many of you workout while you are sick? Saturday after working out I started to come down with either a flu or cold. All day Sunday i felt bad yeseterday i ached all over and felt like total death. I skipped my leg workout. Today i am starting to feel a little bit better. I am wondering should i try to do chest today or should i skip it? I hate to skip it and i also hate to get a half *ss workout. Sometimes in the past when i trained while either being sick or getting over a cold the next day i felt alot better and sometimes i seems to make me worse. I am in my ninth week of my cycle which is another reason i hate to skip it but also another reason i want to get better as soon as possible so i can get back to training 100% . Any experienced input would greatly be appreciated

RJstrong is offline Senior Member
    If sick I like to stay away from the gym and use it as an opportunity to rest the body and get better... I also feel like it is the courteous thing to do... I really do not like training next to someone that is coughing and sneezing all over the place... anyway if you train hard enough when you aren't sick a few days off will never hurt you.

stumpy29 is offline Associate Member
    anyone else have any views on this?

Smedman101 is offline Associate Member
    Use the rest, your body is attacking the sickness, at times thou I could work out and fell better while training but later it still be their

MarkinHouston is offline Associate Member
    rest & recoup....hit it hard when you feel well....you can do some stretching though.....

Thread Information