lesterine is offline New Member

One Cycle enough for life?

First of all, I want to thank for the ready replies to my first thread. The more I read about roids, less convinced I am of ever using it. I will increase my food intake, revise my workout routine, etc..

There is one thing that I just heard a friend about that made me doubt even more if it's worth doing a cycle. He is not very knowlegeable about it so I like to hear from you guys too.

Basically he told me that in order to maintain my gains, besides proper exercise and diet, I would have to go through a cycle every once in a while as well. In other words, supposed I just added 15-20 lbs muscle from a cycle, eating and workout alone won't keep it for long, much less years. Is this true?

Regardless once start you wont stop, people say they will do one and only one cycle but you will always want more. I just finished my first cycle which was intended to be my one and only, now i am counting down the days till i can go for round two?

velvetlion is offline Banned
    There are way too many factors in between one 12 week cycle and years down the road to actually say whether or not you have some of your original gains from the cycle.

If you consistantly diet, train, and take care of your body, you will retain some of what you receive from a cycle. You never retain it all. As for 3-4 years down the road................wow, I wouldn't really be expecting to see anything from that first cycle at that point in time.

If I were you, I wouldn't touch the stuff from the sounds of what you are looking for. Tweak your diet, keep training and enjoy the benefits of that in itself. I really see absolutely no reason to do one cycle if you are never planning on doing it again. Unless you had a one time competition or something that you were planning on doing.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    How's that old saying go with Lay's Potato Chips?

"I bet you can't just eat one"

Same theory...

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by velvetlion

If you consistantly diet, train, and take care of your body, you will retain some of what you receive from a cycle. You never retain it all. As for 3-4 years down the road................wow, I wouldn't really be expecting to see anything from that first cycle at that point in time.
    That pretty much sums it up.Nothing is permanent in regards to anabolic steroids .

~Pinnacle~

TantruM is offline Associate Member
    yeah and once you do a cycle (assumeing you do it right with good pct) and notice no bad side effects... yeah im 10 weeks into cycle #1 and counting weeks till can do 2nd cycle and try new compounds and dbol for first time

lesterine is offline New Member
    MeanMachine2000, I don't know. I guess we have different goals and mine is not to develop a bodybuilder like physique. I was just trying to gain a little more mass but I'm starting to realize that my diet and workout routines are to actually blame for my poor gains.

velvetlion, forget about doing a cycle now. It seems like I won't ever do it. Of course one should never say never but I realize that I'm misguided. Still, I spent so much time reading about it that now it's like I'm asking more for curiosity and to convince myself that it's not what I need. It was good asking, though. Thanks for the reply.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    personally, i think that if you run proper pct, which includes clen then you can keep your gains for as long as you work out hard and eat right. btw tantrum, dbol is the bomb, your gonna love it bro.

velvetlion is offline Banned
    yeah and once you do a cycle (assumeing you do it right with good pct) and notice no bad side effects... yeah im 10 weeks into cycle #1 and counting weeks till can do 2nd cycle and try new compounds and dbol for first time

Exactly. I did my first cycle when I was already 4 weeks into precontest dieting for a bb show. Very small, just enough to keep me from withering away while I was dieting. I told myself that was the only time I was going to do it.........Well, I won my weight class and the overall and that changed things a bit. I saw how much I held with the stuff then I wanted to see what it would do if I was eating everything around me at the same time. It is a bit of a viscious circle.

If you are only planning on doing it once, don't plan on doing it.

its very likely that if you start you will not want to stop. i told myself id stop after cycle #2. now ive done 5, and i plan on doing it over and over again until i reach my goal of having 20 inch arms. im pretty sure il stop then.

sitries is offline Associate Member
    im in week 2 of my 1st cycel at the moment. im doing this cycle in order to get over a plateua that iv had for ages. i plan on this being my last cycle and i think its bolux to say that in time you will lose all your gains from a cycle. i have a friend who did two cycls a few years back, and having completed his 2nd cycle he just lost interest and stopped training or eating properly. although he did lose the majority of his gains, id say he has kept 20% of them and he has literally not even worked out since his last cycle.

i totally understand the notion of 1nc you pop you cant stop ans all that, but to be honest im just doing my cycle forth3e experience and to get me over my plateau and this cycle will be my 1st and last.

tmax is offline Junior Member
    Maybe you should look into your diet and change your lifting routine. Trying something different in the gym may get you the results you want. If you do decide to try a cycle, don't expect to keep any gains if you go back to your bad diet and exercise routines. Alot of people think do a cycle gain the size and thats all they need to do. I work my a$$ off just as hard if not harder after the cycle because I don't want to lose the gains. Think about it and be realistic.

mpyatt1650 is offline New Member
    am i wrong when i assume that if you take a cycle and say you gain 15lbs and your bench goes up 50 lbs. (this would be your first cycle) arent you going to lose some water weight once you get off, so your really not losing muscle, its just water weight you are losing when you first get off your cycle? And your bench will not go down if you continue to eat and train right. So in other words, one cycle will help you get stronger and add some weight, which will always stay with you unless you quit lifting or eating right??? is that wrong?

exactly bro, if you do proper pct and continue to train hard after your cycle is over, you will lose some water weight, but the strength and the solid muscle mass will stay. just dont forget to use clenbuterol during pct, thats very important.

Angel of death is offline Senior Member
    I kept all my gains from my first cycle as its the only one I've done so far...it was about a year ago

Thread Information