Dalton5 is offline Associate Member

Anti Depressants

Just looking for anyones 2 cents that has had experience with them......good?, bad? I guess it comes down to the person and what their de****g with, but i was just curious to hear others' experiences.

heh, "deal-ing" gets blocked out......weird.

MiZongMaster is offline Associate Member
    I have seen people use them, and it makes them different, lifeless almost.. I did some research for my brother when he suffered from depression, and I got him to stop taking his zoloft, and I had him take 5-HTP for a few months.. He said the 5-HTP gave him better results, and when he stopped the depression didnt come back. Of course 5-HTP is an OTC supplement, so it isnt guaranteed to, nor does it, work for everyone.. There are a couple other natural supplements people use, like st johns wort..

Personally I would go for the supplements first, and if worse comes to worse, I would get a prescription. I just dont like the fact that most cause dependencies, and you get the depression back once you finish.

Brent_G is offline Associate Member
    Ive used them. They help...but its very gradual. its not like drinking a beer and feeling good. Its soo gradual that when you look back 2 months ago you will say.. wow i cant be leive i used to be like that.

The sides i had were basically just loss of appetite and sex drive. Both are managable....but noticable.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    I started on prozac and it sucked big time, no wood, no sex drive and suicidle.Then it was aropax(off shoot of prozac) good wood, just, but no energy.Told the DR "**** this shyt"was put on celepram AKA citalopram was the best move ever, all functions back to normal and i wasnt walking around feeling like i was in a dream.I have been OFF everything for around 9 months now due to lifestyle changes but at least I know whats out there if the need arises.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    are you in PCT?

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton5
    heh, "deal-ing" gets blocked out......weird.
    the word contains the name of a scammer in it so it gets editted out

Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    are you in PCT?
    Yeah i realize that the imbalance of hormones coupled with clomid can mess with ya pct, but theres more to it then that.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Khadafi
    the word contains the name of a scammer in it so it gets editted out

thats not why its edited.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    thats not why its edited.
    i thought the same thing. i don't know where he pulled that from
    back too the topic. i'm no doc bro, so im sorry i can't help much. all that i know is after PCT it'll help 10x's as far as the depression goes. i'm sure it goes deaper and you have some heavy things on your mind. id suggest going too see a doc and checking out some meds. seek some sort of help though ya know, good luck

test

ive been taking wellbutrin for over 3 years now and i must say its helped me a lot. i had problems with depression pretty much my entire life and tried every depression drug out there... wellbutrin is the best IMO.

just remember that anti-depressants can take 3 or more months to start working, so dont expect a quick-fix miracle pill.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    wellbutrin pissed me off like hard core.. and i had a boner all the time on that stuff.. didnt seem to help my depression at all.
    I am taking Prozac and lithium now and its working great.

justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member
    anti-depressants are kinda like roids. what works great for one person can make another person want to jump off a bridge. you have to try them one by one and decide what works for you. It sucks because it can take forever to find the one that works. I personally think they are poison. I had a freakin quack convince me that I was depressed a few years ago and shoved about 8 different kinds of ad's at me over the course of a year. They have very bad side effects and actually most of them have bad withdrawl symptoms. But like I said they work for alot of people. It looks like tranzit has found a combo that works for him and I know if you do find something that works it is a godsend. If you are having trouble sleeping ask for remeron. It helps tremendously with sleep and doesn't have the sexual side effects. It was the only one that worked for me. Depression can be crippling and can turn a man into a boy. Talk with your doc and other people who have experienced it, you are not alone. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by fighteveryone
    ive been taking wellbutrin for over 3 years now and i must say its helped me a lot. i had problems with depression pretty much my entire life and tried every depression drug out there... wellbutrin is the best IMO.

just remember that anti-depressants can take 3 or more months to start working, so dont expect a quick-fix miracle pill.
    Thanks for the replies everyone.....
    So have you had any experience with celexa fight?

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    You asked Fight but I got some experience on this particular SSRI so here ya go. Celexa is the same as Celapram, citalopram and Cipramil.I settled on the Celapram for reasons i posted above.Now be warned this drug can magnify suicidal tendencies so be very wary about it, even there own clinical research makes this a bold fact, so they dont hide it or anything. Heres there link if you want some light reading http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infoshe...talopramPT.htm
    Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    You asked Fight but I got some experience on this particular SSRI so here ya go. Celexa is the same as Celapram, citalopram and Cipramil.I settled on the Celapram for reasons i posted above.Now be warned this drug can magnify suicidal tendencies so be very wary about it, even there own clinical research makes this a bold fact, so they dont hide it or anything. Heres there link if you want some light reading http://www.fda.gov/cder/drug/infoshe...talopramPT.htm
    Hope it helps.
    Thanx hitman.....

Thread Information