SBPh is offline New Member

converting my fina

i am in the process of converting my fina & i am confused on a couple of issues. i am following the instructions from finakits.com. i am not sure 1st: if they are saying the step with the coffey filter is only if you let your pellets set to long. if you do it within 1 hour no need for cof filter.....right or wrong? do you only have to let it set overnight if you let the glue oxidize and go thruogh thr cof filter process.
    and 1 last thing ----it seems i read something somewhere that you should place pellets on a cookie sheet and put them in the oven for 20 min. is this something that needs to be done?
    thanks for any help.
    sbph

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    From what I've read you don't put the pellets in the oven, you bake the finish product, I believe it's three times 20 in 20 out. There are plenty of bro's that have done this, they can help you.

JohnnyB

DiMensionX is offline Member
    Search my posts and there is one titled for what your are looking for...

DMX

King Samson is offline Associate Member
    I never use the coffey filter. It is more important that the pellets dissolve than obeying the one hour rule. It usually takes me about 1-1.5 hours for them to dissolve. Heating them is a good idea while they are in the solution dissolving. It will speed up the process. Here are the directions that I use: http://finaplix.elitefitness.com/make.html I ignore steps 11,12,13, and 14.

superfan is offline New Member
    Two part question. My first post.

Part1: (fina Q)
    I started the conversion last night. I'm using T's kit. It took about 2 hours for the pellets to dissolve in the liquid (I didn't crush them). During the 2 hours I gave them a swirl every 10-15 minutes. After they dissolved, I poured in the oil and it's been about 10 hours since I did that. There is a layer of crud on the bottom but the oil is still a little cloudy. I'm going to leave it as is for another 10 hours or so. Should I use the coffee filter trick if it doesn't settle all the way?

Part2: (Reason for fina)
    Weight: 196lb
    Height: 5'10"
    I started training again 3 1/2 months ago. I first started training at 17yo and stopped at 23 (185lb). First time I used gear was at 21. I stopped training for several reasons. New job (sedentary), Herniated disc in my back, lifestyle changes, and so on and so forth. Reason for starting to train again is that I was at 230lbs 3 1/2 months ago and the lower back pain was out of hand. A nerve is pinched that causes my left leg to go numb and hurt like hell. The Doc told me that it might be possible to relive some of the pain if I dropped some weight and put on some lean muscle to strengthen my lower back and abs. That was about 6 months before I started to workout again. I decided to go back and so far so go. I dropped 30+ lbs in 3 ½ months. Needless to say I feel much better. I’ve been lifting and doing ridiculous amounts of cardio 6x a week. So now that I’m about 10lbs away from what I was at 2 years ago. I decided to run a Fina/Winny/Clen /ECA cycle after I drop to 190lb. I just want to be in the 180s with lean muscle. I have to keep my back strong and stay lean. Bulk is just more weight on my back so no test to combat finadic. I’m also eating well. Not going low carbs diet, just some complex carbs and protein for breakfast/lunch and chicken or turkey for dinner. What do you guy’s think. BTW, I’m sticking to training, it’s far less pain than the lower back pain I was having before.

Fina - 75mg/d for 6 weeks.
    Winny – 50mg eod 6 weeks, starting week 4 of fina
    Clen – 3 weeks, 1 week on / 1 off starting with 2nd week of winny.
    ECA – start with fina, ed, except on clen weeks.

DiMensionX is offline Member
    I can't bitch at you about doing AS because I did something very similar, 230, dropped to 180, started cycle. I've been back in training a little longer though. Good job.

For the Fina, I know some will say don't use the coffee filter, but I've done a few batchs now and will ALWAYS use the filter. Trust me and use it.

From where you are at now, let it settle for a full 24 hours. While your waiting goto a head shop (Bong Store), check out where the cocain crap is and get a small funnel, one that will fit in the old oil bottle.

Get your coffee filter, trim to size to fit in the funnel, make TWO of these cutouts. Don't let there be a ton hanging over, trim them nice Martha Stuart style.

Pour the solution into the funnel, it won't all fit so let it drip down and keep adding solution. Take your time. When there is mostly crud left in the original bottle stop, take the first funnel filter and wring it out into the funnel. Put the new funnel filter in and dump the crud into it. Bang the crud bottle on it's side to loosen the crap first. Let it drip on it's own until you get tired of waiting. Then get the filter with the crud on it, pull it up and wring it SLOWLY into the funnel, making sure NOT to let it break and dump crud in the clean bottle.

After all that you can use the big syringe and sterile filter and inject into the last virgin sterile vial per the instructions.

I will always order enough 10ml Sterile vials to hold the end solution from now on. There are a couple of reasons for this. I bake my Fina 3x at 20 min and that cooks the vial pretty good. The seal works but it shady at that point. With 50ml of solution being drawn with an 18g pin the top gets TRASHED by the time your down to 20ml's.

So, in the future try this. Bake your Fina in the last bottle, only rip the top completely off it. Then, using sterile 10ml vials and fresh pins transfer the gear to the new 10ml vials. Keeps good seals, lasts longer, and is easier for dosing (esp if you ever travel).

DMX

PS, Search my posts and there is a much better write up than this for Sterile procedures...

devland2 is offline Junior Member
    bump

Thread Information