Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member

blood work questions

Going to get my blood work done tomorrow

i'm currently in week 6 of my 12 week cycle.

what exactly should i ask for them to look for?

thanks guys

PaulieM. is offline Banned
    cholestoral, liver enzymes, blood pressure, kidney function. they've always done all the basic shit when i get mine done. tell them you want "full" bloodwork done. i always said this and i heard my doc refer to it as full bloodwork.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieM.
    cholestoral, liver enzymes, blood pressure, kidney function. they've always done all the basic shit when i get mine done. tell them you want "full" bloodwork done. i always said this and i heard my doc refer to it as full bloodwork.
    full bloodwork eh?? to a doctor thats a pretty ambiguous demand: so he should get test for pregnancy, blood plasma levels, aids, estrogen, prostaglandins etc. you realize you can test for 100's of things in your blood. but yeah essentially you want to do liver enzymes, kidney function, hdl/ldl are going to be the ones you are worried about, thyroid and pituitary hormones can be tested as well but you can make some pretty good predictions what those values are going to be without having a blood test.

PaulieM. is offline Banned
    i told him what i was using and from that point he would test for a lot of shit. white blood cell, red blood cell, creatinine levels, hiv, heptitis(hepatic liver is often sign of steroid abuse usually with 17-aa steroids ) and a bunch of other shit-obviously not pregnancy, but pretty much every thing you could sit and think of(aside from test levels)

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieM.
    i told him what i was using and from that point he would test for a lot of shit. white blood cell, red blood cell, creatinine levels, hiv, heptitis(hepatic liver is often sign of steroid abuse usually with 17-aa steroids) and a bunch of other shit-obviously not pregnancy, but pretty much every thing you could sit and think of(aside from test levels)
    oh alright sorry i wasnt aware that your doctor was aware of your steroid use at the time, thats why it seemed a bit strange to just say "full bloodwork" and hell know what to do.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    thanks guys for the help..i just wrote it all down

seattleseahalkjunkie is offline Junior Member
    Just courious, Why not get your test. levels checked? Would not you want to know for a reference or something?

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member

Ask for these tests at least

CBC, Complete Metabolic Panel(includes liver enzymes), Thyroid Function panel

Jayhawk21 is offline Junior Member
    How much do these blood tests cost if your insurance does not cover it?

Thread Information