Thread: Mary Jane.....

Question Mary Jane.....

How does marijuana effect your cycle.

Pro_built7 is offline Member
    OMFG how many times has this been answered i believe its somewhere around 10000

search around you WILL find the answer to that question.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_built7
    OMFG how many times has this been answered i believe its somewhere around 10000

search around you WILL find the answer to that question.
    oh yeah??? then whats the answer... i never knew there were studies done on the relationship between marijuana consumption and gains while on cycle. just because its your opinion that marijuana does whatever to you on cycle doesnt make it so.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Rec drugs are not to be discussed on the open board. Weed increases estrogen levels and lowers LH and testosterone (bad) but it also has compounds that attach to the cannabinoid receptors, which in turn increase appetite (good, I guess).
    Last edited by BajanBastard; 01-01-2006 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN
    oh yeah??? then whats the answer... i never knew there were studies done on the relationship between marijuana consumption and gains while on cycle. just because its your opinion that marijuana does whatever to you on cycle doesnt make it so.
    I was implying that this question is asked very often, and I'm sure he could find something on it in this forum if he looked, don't really understand how you took that negatively?

sorry i posted on here, i searched and found the information i needed, it was dumb askind about anything that will in the smallest way affect my training, i will not be smoking weed anymore, thanks

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro_built7

I was implying that this question is asked very often, and I'm sure he could find something on it in this forum if he looked, don't really understand how you took that negatively?
    Don't sweat that shit stain bro.

TheSickOne is offline Junior Member

Talking

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    Fu_k smoking weed, its a waste of money. think about it, if youre a pot head, then how many thousands of dollars have you wasted on that sh_t? thats money you could have spent on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tren Bull
    Fu_k smoking weed, its a waste of money. think about it, if youre a pot head, then how many thousands of dollars have you wasted on that sh_t? thats money you could have spent on gear.
    thats what I think, a few of my best friends went down the drain because of weed long story... keep training hard stay away from weed.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Rec drugs are not to be discussed on the open board. Weed increases estrogen levels and lowers LH and testosterone (bad) but it also has compounds that attach to the cannabinoid receptors, which in turn increase appetite (good, I guess).
    Hey BK unless EVERYONE on this site is on HRT then to the rest of us AS is a rec drug. I have been known to partake in some chronic and i cant say about estro levels but the appetite factor is a def advantage.

Keyser Sozey is offline Anabolic Member
    Persoanlly, I don't touch the stuff, but for future reference, and in order to not violate board policy, your info on rec-drugs can be found here...
    http://www.erowid.com

for new years i smoked instead of drinking and i had a great appetite and yes it was all clean food i wish my appetite was that big on a regualar basis, i would be as big as Ronnie. LOL

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman
    Hey BK unless EVERYONE on this site is on HRT then to the rest of us AS is a rec drug. I have been known to partake in some chronic and i cant say about estro levels but the appetite factor is a def advantage.
    It's not my personal opinion about rec drug talk, those are the boards’ rules. Some compounds in weed have nuro-protective properties and increase appetite which IMHO is a good thing. Regularly filling your lungs with smoke to get those benefits, IMO is not a good idea. I'll wait until the geeks in lab coats separate the good from the bad.

scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member
    i can't be a liar and say i never smoke. i may smoke once every 4 months or so if in the right situation. however, i used to smoke pot on a routine basis. i firmly believe once in a while is not a bad thing by any means, but on a regular basis is def not a good path to take

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    are you using marijuana recrationally or medicinally?
    Recreational - don't even think about talking about it here.
    Medicinal - enlighten us.
    Some guys really use this stuff for BB'ing (not me, it makes me sleep)
    This is what my bro says:
    1) makes him sleep better
    2) appetite is better
    3) pain relief properties.

This is my experience...
    1) makes you sleepy
    2) makes you stupid
    3) kills your lungs
    4) demotivates me, and I miss the gym completely.

When I quit smoking pot, there were a lot of negative side effects.
    sleeplessness, loss of appetite, and irritability.
    I do not advocate marijuanas use, if your goals are still in tact.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicy_brucy
    are you using marijuana recrationally or medicinally?
    Recreational - don't even think about talking about it here.
    Medicinal - enlighten us.
    Some guys really use this stuff for BB'ing (not me, it makes me sleep)
    This is what my bro says:
    1) makes him sleep better
    2) appetite is better
    3) pain relief properties.

This is my experience...
    1) makes you sleepy
    2) makes you stupid
    3) kills your lungs
    4) demotivates me, and I miss the gym completely.

When I quit smoking pot, there were a lot of negative side effects.
    sleeplessness, loss of appetite, and irritability.
    I do not advocate marijuanas use, if your goals are still in tact.
    Pot DOESN'T make you sleep better. As a matter of fact it makes it harder for you to get a good night's sleep. Pot fvcks up your sleeping cycle making it harder for your body to go into REM sleep. When you finally do start getting into REM it's usually about time to get up in a few hours and you wake up feeling out of it. Kinda cloudy in the head is the best way I can describe it. This is the weed hangover and it's caused by waking up when you're getting into REM sleep or you're already in REM and wake up. I hate this feeling more then anything. Unfortunatley I can't validate this with a study, but if you go into any head shop and pick up the book "The Cannabis Bible 2" there's a section in the book that the author talks about what I'm talking about. From personal experiece I can say this is true. Especially if you smoke before going to bed because it makes you sleepy. Ever wake up still feeling tired or cloudy in the head? That's what I'm talking about. Oh yeah, and if you want to help regulate your sleeping pattern then you should take a break from the pipe for about a week and supplement with some 5HTP. Can't remember what doses, but it's in that book.

it doesn't make me sleep better, in fact, I mentioned that when I quit, it made me experience "sleeplessness" - the oppisite of sleeping well...
    It does make me sleepy when I am under the influence, but that is all.
    Futhermore, I never said it makes you sleep better, my bro did.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    I know you never said that, but I didn't want people to get he wrong impression. Even though it wasn't you, I felt it was neccissary to say that it doesn't make you sleep better, becasue a lot of people percieve it to be so, when in fact, they are getting horrible sleep. Sorry if it sounded like I was singling you out bro, that wasn't my intention. I just don't want a lot of cats running around with blunts in their mouth thinking they're sleeping better.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ODC0717
    I know you never said that, but I didn't want people to get he wrong impression. Even though it wasn't you, I felt it was neccissary to say that it doesn't make you sleep better, becasue a lot of people percieve it to be so, when in fact, they are getting horrible sleep. Sorry if it sounded like I was singling you out bro, that wasn't my intention. I just don't want a lot of cats running around with blunts in their mouth thinking they're sleeping better.
    HAHA your too much mate, you come on here blurting out your opinion as if its fact for everyone.Well i tell you what just keep it as your opinion and dont scare monger eh, people like you do that enough when it comes to juice .If you feel strongly that its no good thats fine but dont push it down peoples throats ok.I wake up just fine the night after and I suffer no hazyness or any other side effect you mentioned and in my job if i wasnt alert one of my boys could possibly be injured or worse.Im getting the impression that alot of people stereotype people that smoke as trench coat, dark sunglass wearing fools that have no motivation that bum around playing XBOX all day long? well you might be shocked to know but some of us hold down jobs, have nice houses and are very commited to anything put in front of us. THATS MY OPINION. Take it how you will.

I tell you what. Coming off of pot is a hard thing to do when you would always smoke it when problems come up. I've recently quit, i smoked everyday, at least 3 grams a day. Now im in PCT, de****g with the both of these situations. Pretty much all im saying is, control your use, dont let it control you. I know pot isn't supposed to be talked about, but i would much rather someone high drive me somewhere then a drunk person. JMO.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    If your smoking, you will find it harder to do cardio. As above, it lowers levels of LH and increases levels of estrogen, which are both negative sides.

Isnt that enough to stop, if your that motivated.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN
    hahaha sorry i was in a cranky mood cuz the gym was closed. i see what you meant these threads always go nowhere fast anyway.

PaulieM. is offline Banned
    i smoke everyday. about a gram or so, and i feel fine. i don't chief before i workout, because it messes with my coordination and i can't risk injury. it has its benefits and problems-of course. as far as bodybuilding goes, given all the drugs a competitive(or sometimes recreational) bodybuilder will take, marijuana can very effectively substitute some drugs that are worse for you than a little THC. i like smoking much better than taking valium or xanax- because when i'm juicin i need something to keep me level headed. i'd much rather use marijuana than oxycontin, percocet, lortab, etc. for pain. and as far as rec. usage goes--i don't like to drink, i won't use cocaine(even though as far as fat loss goes i'd much rather use coke than dnp or someother outrageous method of fat loss) and i don't like pills--so marijuana is a really great "medicine" for me. i can't speak for everyone, but i think a lot of people would be better off if they smoked on occation.

Quote Originally Posted by ODC0717
    I totally hear ya bro... good on ya, and no appology required...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulieM.
    marijuana is a really great "medicine" for me. i can't speak for everyone, but i think a lot of people would be better off if they smoked on occation.
    A lot of people use it for various reasons. If the conversations about this topic stay focused, and informative, and somehow relate to bodybuilding, then I have no problem with it.

Using pot with perfomance enhansing drugs is an oxymoron, IMO...
    It's like taking sleeping pills to get rest and then drinking a coffee right after...

Pharoah is offline New Member
    Hi guys,
    i find this interesting having been a hardcore smoker for 10 years. i think every person is different. it also depends on what u take (hash, weed, skunk or pure thc) i gave it all up cause i lost weight, my appetite and sex drive. in the long run, having a toke is actually good for you but in real moderation. and by that i mean a zoot a day aint gonna do much damage except to ur lungs. if u do much more than that then the effects on appetite eventually reverse - munchies are only something u get when u are a 'beginner' so to speak - to be honest, i would steer clear of ganja and find another way of chillin out - but dont get me wrong, monitor ur weight if u are toking and u'll eventually see that u will lose weight but everyone is different! hope that helps! hahaha i been off it for 4 months now and i've put on 15LBS so for me, after 10 years it was timr to move on - you gotta ask urself why ur toking too? it dont really do that much good in the end .
    Laters

Thread Information