msu16366 is offline Member

injecting air to get everything out of needle

I read before how some of you inject a little air so it pushes the AAS that may have been stuck in the needle.
    I have been trying this latley, but the only problem is I can not aspirate when doing this. It just seems to make the air pocket bigger and I get nervous that I will be injecting to much air.
    How do you guys go about doing this.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Uhhhhhhh, do you really need that 5mg that's left back in the needle so badly?

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    you need about 20 ml of air to cause death bro. Thats a lot of air !!!!

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Uhhhhhhh, do you really need that 5mg that's left back in the needle so badly?
    Exactly

msu16366 is offline Member
    there is a little bit more than 5 mgs left in the needle of a 1.5 inch syringe. Multipy that 2x14 and you could probaly go an extra week. I never thought of doing it until I read some threads where some vets do that.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    in nursing school they taught us to put air in the syringe for im injections. it pushes out all the med and serves as a cap so that the juice dont come back out.

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    By memory it takes something like 3cc+ mainlined to give you adverse effects, I preload a couple of ticks of air to get my moneys worth.And about aspirating, once you done a few cycles and know your body you wont have to aspirate .Side note..Ever seen your DR or nurse aspirate?

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Shooting air to get the rest out the pin is stupid IMO, and for an extra weeks worth what a joke. just load a tad bit more NP. You wanna risk air pocket infection or abscess over 1 extra weeks worth.? Not me.

dv

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    trust me fellas we are taught to put air in the syringe. drs usually dont aspirate because most of the time u get an antibiotic which can be inject im or iv that is why u hardly ever see them aspirate.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    Still not worth it just load a bit more if you so worried about it.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    OK here is some info you guys might find interesting

SCIENCE IN CRIME DETECTION
    DEATH BY AIR INJECTION
    Dr. Anil Aggrawal

Technically known as cases of "air embolism". The word embolism comes from Greek en, "in," and ballein, "to throw or cast". Henceforth we will be using the term "air embolism".

Before telling anything further about death by air embolism, let us first understand a little bit about the way our blood circulates in our body. This is very essential to understand how a person is killed by injection of air. Our heart is comprised of 4 chambers. There are two chambers on the right and two on the left side. The chambers on the right side are known as right atrium and right ventricle, while the chambers on the left side are known as left atrium and left ventricle. Bad blood (deoxygenated) from legs, head, arms and in fact from every part of the body returns to the upper right chamber called the right atrium.

With each contraction of the heart the right atrium sends this bad blood to the right ventricle. The right ventricle, in turn, sends this blood to the lungs via pulmonary arteries. Do not let the complicated names baffle you. Just remember that atrium and ventricles are fancy sounding names of some chambers of the heart. Ventricle is a larger chamber than atrium. Also keep in mind that "artery" is the name of a conduit which takes the blood away from the heart while vein is the name of a conduit which brings blood to the heart. The word pulmonary comes from Latin pulmo, "the lung". Thus "pulmonary artery" refers to a conduit which takes the blood away from the heart towards the lung.

In the lung, the bad blood is purified (oxygenated). This is done by the help of the air which we breathe all the time. The pure blood is returned to the heart via pulmonary veins. The blood comes in the third chamber of the heart known as left atrium. Left atrium sends this blood to the left ventricle, which in turn, pumps this pure blood to the whole body via a very big conduit known as the aorta. The body organs use this pure blood, and when this blood becomes impure, it is once again returned to the right atrium. And thus the circulation goes on.
    Now we are ready to understand how air embolism works. First of all we must appreciate that nature has made this whole system of circulation air-proof. This means that there is no way, air could enter this system of conduits and pipes. If somehow air could enter the system (such as by injection of plain air through a syringe), the air will form an "air lock" within the system. This "air lock" is quite familiar to plumbers and owners of diesel engines, where the normal flow of liquid through tubes is wholly or partially blocked by air. Quite in the same manner this air lock blocks the flow of blood through the arteries and veins, thus bringing the circulation to a halt. Let us make this a little more clear.

Air could be made to enter the circulation either through the arteries or through the veins. When an injection of air is given, the air bubbles start travelling towards the right atrium. From right atrium they keep travelling onwards till they come to the lung. Here the capillaries are too narrow to allow the big bubbles to pass. The result is that these bubbles get entangled in the blood vessels of the lung. The whole blood traffic stops and the person dies very quickly. In fact this bad blood can not be purified by the lungs, because the traffic of blood towards the lungs has been stopped. The body can not imagine that such a sinister thing has happened. It "thinks" that the blood is not getting purified because of lack of air. So it quickens the respiration. The person starts gasping. But nothing helps because the cause lies somewhere else and the person dies.

Now this is where discrepancies lie…in how much is needed. This article cited 200 mL (cc’s), which I think is an exaggeration. Other articles I have come across state wide ranges…anything from 20 mL to the above mentioned 200. I say about 20 mL, as an educated guess…and I read that in some nursing journal during schooling as well. 20 mL is approximately the length of an IV line…so those who’ve been in hospital can now envision how much is needed.

Here is the whole thread How Much Air is Needed (to cause death)
    Last edited by Kale; 01-01-2006 at 11:47 PM.

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    i leave a little air in the back to get everything out.. just stop injecting when you feel and hear the gurggleing sound.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    I wouldn't be worried about dying, just infection and shooting in a blood vessel from not aspirating.............that's wasted gear!

Thread Information