Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    scotttiger54 is offline Senior Member

Best way to dispose of used syringes?

what up guys,

just wondering your ways of throwing away used syringes. i have an assload that needs to gotten rid of and need some ideas

ST54
    Last edited by scotttiger54; 01-03-2006 at 01:04 AM. Reason: left word out

TMS
    TMS is offline Banned
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by scotttiger54
    what guys,

just wondering your ways of throwing away used syringes. i have an assload that needs to gotten rid of and need some ideas

ST54
    i throw them in a playground @ a local elementary school. Jk
    keep them in a 5lb protein tub then take them 2 the local hospital and say i found this in the street.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    bury them and keep a treasure map for your next cycle for when you want to go back and reuse them please dont actually do that
    id say bring them to a hospital if you want to do it properly or the local needle exchange program...i know plenty of bros that get free needles that way

CHEAP ASSES!! haha

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    I throw mine in a empty protein jug. Screw the lid on that bytch and than toss it when my cycle is finished.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    i put them in an empty 3 liter bottle then put them in front of texas med clinic after they close. i label it danger used syringes!

i like the protein tub idea. i usually dispose of them as they are used but i got lazy this time around

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    in canada when you buy them they make you buy a bio hazard container for 3 bucks. when its full you can drop it off at any drug store

musclehead1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dive_kid
    in canada when you buy them they make you buy a bio hazard container for 3 bucks. when its full you can drop it off at any drug store
    they dont make you buy it ...hell i wasn't even offerred one of those tubs

another idea is to put them in a protein tub and when your done fill the tub with that expanding insulation/foam and trash it

not to hijack the thread but want is wrong with jus recapping them and throwing them in the trash (the day of garbage day)?

Quote Originally Posted by musclehead1
    they dont make you buy it ...hell i wasn't even offerred one of those tubs

another idea is to put them in a protein tub and when your done fill the tub with that expanding insulation/foam and trash it

not to hijack the thread but want is wrong with jus recapping them and throwing them in the trash (the day of garbage day)?
    im simply just not a fan of tossing them in the trash. like to be a bit more discrete since i have room mates

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    I just give em to my "doc"

velvetlion is offline Banned
    I normally shove them all in a protein container and throw them in a dumpster somewhere. Not sure if that is the best way to do it. It always scares me a bit to wonder who might be getting into them.

Will hospitals take them from you without any questions? I would rather get rid of them that way than any other.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ..I burn mine whenever I'm burning a pile of brush or clearing off some trees..

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    I like the protein jug with expanding foam insulation idea, gonna give that a whirl this next go round.

joop is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicvenom
    keep them in a 5lb protein tub then take them 2 the local hospital and say i found this in the street.
    Do they actually believe that? I'm just envisioning a 240lb juicer walking into a hospital with a massive tub of protein filled with used syringes...

Quote Originally Posted by joop
    Do they actually believe that? I'm just envisioning a 240lb juicer walking into a hospital with a massive tub of protein filled with used syringes...
    yea...kinda calls a bit of attention to yourself

hipnoticstylz94 is offline Associate Member
    I have empty 32oz gatorade bottles that i fill up then put them in the trashbag right before i take the trash out...thats how i do it anyways

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    IMO I always take them to a medical facility to dispose of properly. I have kids and cringe when I hear on the news about kids or anybody getting poked at a beach or park or whatever.

moe64 is offline New Member
    if you have ever worked in solid waste, syringes or anything else of the type is a major concern... in order to be responsible, I would say that if you do not put in a place, such as a hospital or needle exchange, at least break off the needle once used and put in a large plasic containeer labeled BIOHAZARD. Spolid waste employees are family men and don't need to be stuck by any tips in any way...they have no way of knowing if it is a chrystal meth junky or a a clean anabolic gentleman, if you knw what I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by moe64
    if you have ever worked in solid waste, syringes or anything else of the type is a major concern... in order to be responsible, I would say that if you do not put in a place, such as a hospital or needle exchange, at least break off the needle once used and put in a large plasic containeer labeled BIOHAZARD. Spolid waste employees are family men and don't need to be stuck by any tips in any way...they have no way of knowing if it is a chrystal meth junky or a a clean anabolic gentleman, if you knw what I mean...
    respectable bro.. very true

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    what would the difference be between throwing them in a tub and tossing them in your garbage bin or taking them too the hospital? i would assume they'd just toss them as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    what would the difference be between throwing them in a tub and tossing them in your garbage bin or taking them too the hospital? i would assume they'd just toss them as well.....
    hospitals dispose of needles as a biohazard. they use a whole other disposal system than with regular trash

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    oh, i see. learn somethin new every day!

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    Biohazards are incinerated at insanely high temperatures.........just found that out from gf in the medical field.......like you said Testosterona "oh, i see. learn somethin new every day!"

1ad man is offline Banned
    take it to a drug addict and tell him take this needle jam it up your ass and beat the living crap out of police officer in your area and tell him im a juice monkey.

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Put them in a liquid laundry detergent container...it makes them harder to get out lessening the chance for injury. Throw where ever you feel comfortable.

DizzyBoy is offline Junior Member
    Throw it out the window down the highway... LOL I use a sharps container, but most of the people I know of... Just toss it out the window. I think that's stupid, you never know who is going to find that and pick it up.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    put them in a sharps bin and take them to the needle exchange and swap them for a load more,,,,,free service in England

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    put them in a sharps bin and take them to the needle exchange and swap them for a load more,,,,,free service in England
    thats what i was gonna say

Weegiebol is offline Associate Member
    I'm lucky enough to work in a lab with lots of biohazard 'sin bins' about, so I just come in early and slip my used ones into one of them - another idea, put them in a used drinks can, then crush it in the middle so they cant come out (you'll have to do this as and when you use the pins though)

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone
    ..I burn mine whenever I'm burning a pile of brush or clearing off some trees..

AG
    I am sorry almostgone .... but I wouldn't have thought the actual needles would have burned up in a brushfire ... forgive me if I am wrong!

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bodypaul
    I am sorry almostgone .... but I wouldn't have thought the actual needles would have burned up in a brushfire ... forgive me if I am wrong!

..Yeah, They'll burn up..the needles are very thin-walled and it doesn't take much heat to eliminate them.....To give you an idea of the heat that is generated in a good-sized burning brushpile, I throw all the empty beer bottles that a-holes throw out on the front of our land, and the bottles melt......

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll put 'em in a protein jug, duct tape the shit outta the container and toss it. Does anyone know if they have a needle exchange program in the US? This would be sweet if they did.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    I wrap after 1 use in news paper & just put them in the bottom of the garbage.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    wow, I can't believe how irresponsible some are. if I knew of someone tossing a used needle out the window I would kick his ass. if you are just tossing them in the trash you are irresposible. you are taking care of your body so make damn sure you are not effecting anyone elses bodies. how would you feel to learn your dirty needle somehow ended up on the side of the road and was found by young kids= infection/ or worse. c'mon guys

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY D
    I wrap after 1 use in news paper & just put them in the bottom of the garbage.
    please at least use the empty protien jug method

wow i didn't realize that was a bad idea. i do snap the pin off in a piece of cork board & then didpose it so all that is in the wrapped news paper is a syringe. well i guess we learn everyday, if i didn't post on this thread i woulda never known. i will do the empty jar & give it to my local hospital.

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    does the u.s have a needle exchange program?

just curious... what does the medical biohazard field do w/ the used needles. do they incinerate them & melt them down? thanks guys..

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY D
    wow i didn't realize that was a bad idea. i do snap the pin off in a piece of cork board & then didpose it so all that is in the wrapped news paper is a syringe. well i guess we learn everyday, if i didn't post on this thread i woulda never known. i will do the empty jar & give it to my local hospital.
    did'nt realize you were removing the pin. anyway I'm not doggn anyone I just freak out when I think of anyone gettn poked by someone elses needle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information