rylly41 is offline Associate Member

dropped my needle

When i was getting ready to take my shot, i dropped my neelde on the floor. Just to be safe, i ran an alcohol swab down the needle and let it air dry. When i injected, it burned like $hit. Am I gonna be straight or could I get an infection? It was my last needle so I could switch. Thanks

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Time will tell. that was a dumb thing to do bro, you are injecting INTO your body, you always need to take extreme care with that. Oh, and get some more needles for christ sake they cost practically nothing

Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member
    I think you'll probably be fine. The burn was most likly the alcohol on the needle. If I get my injection spot too wet with alcohol before I inject it burns like hell too. But just to be on the safe side make sure you ALWAYS got extra pins for such emergencies. You never know what is gonna happen...

If i do get an infection, what should i do?

Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=KaleOh, and get some more needles for christ sake they cost practically nothing[/QUOTE]
    Yeah how bout it. I just ordered some from here and had them in 2 days and were the cheapest I ever got em!

TinTin78 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rylly41
    If i do get an infection, what should i do?
    You go see a doctor for christ sake!

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries
    There is a good chance of infection. what you should have done was change the needle. but what ever just keep a close eye on it.

how long does it take for an infection to materalize? Its been 4 hours since my injection and it stings just slightly still or maybe its just because im constantly thinking about it. Could that still be the alcohol from the needle?

how long does it take for an infection to materalize? Its been 4 hours since my injection and it stings just slightly still or maybe its just because im constantly thinking about it. Could that still be the alcohol from the needle?
    It will take about a day, if it gets red and hot go and see a doctor straight away and be honest with him. If you dont get it treated it could turn into an absys and you will end up wirh a large hole where they have to cut it out.

will i run a fever too?

will i run a fever too?
    Hard to say, depends how bad it gets. Bro dont talk yourself into anything, you will probably be fine, just keep an eye on it. Its easily fixed even if it does get infected

Ok thanks, although youre right, i am freaking out alittle bit

Froggy is offline Member
    Stop freaking out...for christ sake...

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    ok heres what you do, look around outside and find a pile of dog shit. Dog shit has cleansing properties due to the nature of their immune system.
    Rub it on the area you injected. Then let it sit for awhile prob 10 minutes.
    After that jump in the shower and wash it off. While you are in there punch your self in the nuts four times.

This should fix your problem.. or at the least remind you next time that its not smart to inject yourself with a dirty needle..

Ps.. the dogshit thing isnt real so dont try it..

<punchs himself in the face>

Pro_built7 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    ok heres what you do, look around outside and find a pile of dog shit. Dog shit has cleansing properties due to the nature of their immune system.
    After that jump in the shower and wash it off. While you are in there punch your self in the nuts four times.

This should fix your problem.. or at the least remind you next time that its not smart to inject yourself with a dirty needle..

ROFL

PS you should be fine.. my first cycle i used 6 darts for 12 shots.. i just ran alchohol through them after wards..

DO NOT DO THIS BTW.. they are dull and hurt like crazy.. but i was young and stupid back then and had no idea how to get anymore darts. this was many years ago =)

Tranzit you are the man, you should be a Doctor bro

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    When i was getting ready to take my shot, i dropped my neelde on the floor. Just to be safe, i ran an alcohol swab down the needle and let it air dry. When i injected, it burned like $hit. Am I gonna be straight or could I get an infection? It was my last needle so I could switch. Thanks
    holy hell u are DUMB DOOD.. u make an Achorn look like a rocket scientist.
    oh well it helps to do somehting like SWITCH PINS!! EVERY TIME PRIOR TO INJECTION but if u wanna be a stingy retard .. good luck w/ that

It was the last shot of my cycle and I was fresh out of needles. It is what it is. Thanks for the feedback guys

G-1000 is offline Cycle King/AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Blog Entries

GOOD LORD! It looks like an alien crawl out of that guys wound. Thanks for shaking my confidence.

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    by the way, alcohol doesn't sterilize unless the area is soaked with alcohol for more than a minute. But alcohol evaporates in seconds, so what most guys using alcohol swabs don't know is they're barely doing a damn thing atall. Even the weakest bugs can withstand 15-30 seconds of exposure to alcohol. Needles come sterilized, which means they've been run through the autoclave at several hundred degrees C and extremely high pressures. Don't fvck around trying to sterilize your own shit, it is futile. Just carefully unwrap your pin right before you use it get 'er done before you contaminate anything and you're good.

Montgomery

DjMark is offline New Member
    Maybe a little late but icing the area can help to prevent the infection from spreading. I made the mistake of using a hot pack for a day (thinking i was helping the stuff dissipate). In fact I was increasing the rate of the bacteria spreading. If it gets red and hot the next day or 2 then go to a doctor.

good response montgomery...

couldnt have said it better

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by Montgomery
    by the way, alcohol doesn't sterilize unless the area is soaked with alcohol for more than a minute. But alcohol evaporates in seconds, so what most guys using alcohol swabs don't know is they're barely doing a damn thing atall. Even the weakest bugs can withstand 15-30 seconds of exposure to alcohol. Needles come sterilized, which means they've been run through the autoclave at several hundred degrees C and extremely high pressures. Don't fvck around trying to sterilize your own shit, it is futile. Just carefully unwrap your pin right before you use it get 'er done before you contaminate anything and you're good.

Montgomery
    yep and thats why i dont swab w/ alcohol

Its been one day and there is nothing. No redness, swelling or heat. So far, so good

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxxr

OMG!!

superfat73 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale
    It will take about a day, if it gets red and hot go and see a doctor straight away and be honest with him. If you dont get it treated it could turn into an absys and you will end up wirh a large hole where they have to cut it out.

How do absys look?

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    click that link and see....OMG!

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DjMark
    Maybe a little late but icing the area can help to prevent the infection from spreading. I made the mistake of using a hot pack for a day (thinking i was helping the stuff dissipate). In fact I was increasing the rate of the bacteria spreading. If it gets red and hot the next day or 2 then go to a doctor.
    HAHA thats funny as ****, how is ICE going to prevent possible infection, thats what antibiotics are for.Christ.

DjMark is offline New Member
    Icing wudn't prevent the infection all together but it does help to prevent it from spreading and reaching your bloodstream. Infection reaching a major artery = really F'ing sick + hospital + IV antibiotics. Icing it gives him time to go get prescription antibiotics to kill the bacteria.

P.S. (i hope my absess doesn't turn into that dudes in the pics, i took a shot in the tricep to, looks like the first pic but not as bad).

superfat73 is offline Associate Member
    shit, now I am scared of ever touching juice

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    for future referance.....

alcohol does kill surface germs. I sterilize surgical instruments and clean medical equipment for a living..... ALCOHOL DOES NOT STERILIZE! gluteraldehyde is the only liquid that "sterilizes" something..... and it needs to sit in it for a minimum of 45 minutes.

By using alcohol pads you are killing minor germs on the surface of the skin. Will that area be sterile? NO - but it will be disinfected to the best you can possibly get it. Why do you think when you go in for surgery you're cleaned with betadine?

Also for future referance..... a protein can not be sterilized..... IE the skin..... same goes for blood or chunks of meat on surgical instruments.....

hope this helps.....
    ~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

an alcohol pad fallowed by an iodine application to the injection area would be more then enough.
    Personaly i have been injecting myself for over 10 years and i might use alchohol or anything at all half the time. I inject right after a shower. I have never had a major infection of any kind. Its all a gamble though. You can do everything possible to be clean and still get an infection. Just be carefull and try to use gear from reputable places that is human grade.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    an alcohol pad fallowed by an iodine application to the injection area would be more then enough.
    Personaly i have been injecting myself for over 10 years and i might use alchohol or anything at all half the time. I inject right after a shower. I have never had a major infection of any kind. Its all a gamble though. You can do everything possible to be clean and still get an infection. Just be carefull and try to use gear from reputable places that is human grade.
    good answer.....

using an alcohol pad will not guarantee a 100% safe problem free injection..... i just use it anyway can't hurt.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Canadiantiger is offline Associate Member
    Agreed......

Just clean the area as best as possible. As far as the the original thread goes should have left the sh*t in the syringe. Then went and got a new dart to be on the safe side but if it has been a couple of days you are probably fine.

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

Thread Information