1ad man is offline Banned

does creatine cause high blood presure

i told my doctor im on some creatine and he said that is the reason my blood presure is 160/100 i was arguing with him because it says creatine does not have any side effects and he said water rentention causes high blood pressure and sodium is bad for u becaues it causes water rentention. he gave me a mean look like im doing something wrong by taking these supplements . help who was right the chinese doctor or me. thanks

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    u need a new doctor. find one that knows about bodybuilding

Rocky IV is offline Member
    yea i agree,,docters are only educated on what they know best,,and somtimes it gets to there head and they believe they know everything,,,you have to find one who knows a thing or two about a bodybuilders lifestyle

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ad man
    i told my doctor im on some creatine and he said that is the reason my blood presure is 160/100 i was arguing with him because it says creatine does not have any side effects and he said water rentention causes high blood pressure and sodium is bad for u becaues it causes water rentention. he gave me a mean look like im doing something wrong by taking these supplements . help who was right the chinese doctor or me. thanks
    So that is not true? Water retention does not cause HBP? I always thought it did..

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    So that is not true? Water retention does not cause HBP? I always thought it did..
    yes water retention can lead to higher levels of blood pressure. BUT, creatine and salt alone will NOT cause blood pressure of 160/100. or i would be dead. i think there is something else wrong with this bro, and his doc didnt find out. he just blamed him for taking suppliments. doctor needs a slap.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    that doctor is clueless. this is why the gov is smothering the supplement biz

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy Sauce
    yes water retention can lead to higher levels of blood pressure. BUT, creatine and salt alone will NOT cause blood pressure of 160/100. or i would be dead. i think there is something else wrong with this bro, and his doc didnt find out. he just blamed him for taking suppliments. doctor needs a slap.
    I hear ya..

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    now the doctor might be right.. the fact that u dont react like that doesnt mean it isnt so. Some people are more sensible to salt and have a lot smaller regulatory range.. (due to RAAS system , will not go into detail about that).Secondly creatine DOES increase my BP atleast.. I have measured it many times..- mine is on a low end anyway but when Im on creatine it lifts it almost as much as do AAS's.. Ive measured this countless times and results always so a slight increaase when on creatine. Water and electrolyte balance is crucial in maintaining the right BP.

Thread Information