hoss827 is offline Banned

Weak ligaments and gear?!! PLEASE READ !!

OK--serious question i've got here....

I've had shoulder issues since I was 15. My concern has to do with all I hear about how gear makes muscles stronger than the ligaments....I was in kickboxing for two years and used to compete in matches and it ****ed me up badly. I had my left shoulder dislocated severely, and since i've had problems with both my shoulders. Six dislocations in the left, two in the right. It happens every 6-8 months.....they doctors even said, itll happen once, and itll happen again......

The last thing I want, is to be pressing some heavy ass weight and have my shoulder unexpectedly come out and have the weight crush my skull/ribs/chest to death.

I've always been able to tell when my limits have been reached and when I should stop pushing weight--will I still be able to feel that with gear?

I mean, am I gonna be in the middle of a badass set of bench / military press and not feel anything and have it come out? Or , will I know the feeling like i always have?

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    You'll still feel joint pain..don't worry about that.

Use a spotter......

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    You'll still feel joint pain..don't worry about that.

Use a spotter......
    Ok bro, thanks a ton

I always use a spotter, I was just afraid that my crap would dislocate in the middle of a set unexpectedly or something....I'm gonna try and keep doing phys. therapy but its hard to stay consistent with it w/me, its just a pain....

Glucosamine Chondroitin will help from what I hear....never used it but I might as well.....I work at GNC so I get a great discount on it......

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    I was just afraid that my crap would dislocate in the middle of a set unexpectedly or something....
    That's still a reality.Don't disregard that.All I was saying is even though you'll be using anabolics,you'll still feel joint pain ect. If your shoulders give you a warning,Great!Listen to them.

Brooklyn74 is offline New Member
    Dude, truth is gear really has nothing to do with your problem, you'll be just as likely to have a dislocation weather on or off gear. The truth is that that kind of injury is simply cronic. Just use a good spotter who knows about your injury. Don't get lazy and you'll be ok. Just know it will happen at some point, but in truth it could happen to anybody, and one it happens once it usally happens again.

ludakris9 is offline Associate Member
    That sucks bro! I would always use a spotter!

Quote Originally Posted by ludakris9
    That sucks bro! I would always use a spotter!
    I do--see its never happened during lifting just other activitys (swimming...wont do it anymore) or, if i just goof around and pick a girl up the wrong way thats what happened last time.

Thank Godits never just happened lifting.

santacruz05 is offline Associate Member
    I hear Deca does wonders for shoulder problems.

Dumbels seem like they will be your best friend. If shit hits the fan do yuo bes to push them away from you. And do a search on collagen synthesis by hooker. Take a look at that list of roids that can help your joints, tendons, ligaments a bit. Also research into adequan, might help with the pain.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by santacruz05
    I hear Deca does wonders for shoulder problems.
    deca will relieve joint pain, which, in this case, is the opposite of what the man needs. if he was taking deca there is alot greater risk that he would not 'feel' his shoulder giving way, and be at higher risk of injury. see where your coming from tho bro, just pointin stuff out.

Thread Information