Thread: U.S. Customs

mortus is offline New Member

U.S. Customs

Hey folks

Perhaps some of you can better direct me in my strategy.

If my shipment is confiscated by US Customs, I take a walk but if my shipment comes through, I just hold on to it for a couple of weeks and see if there is anyone come knocking before opening.

Should I always request regular mail and have it sent to different addresses so the likelihood is reduced.

Thanks

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    write return to sender in black marker and set it aside .. if they come knocking just claim you have no idea who this package was sent to you buy ... and that you havent had time to take it back to the post office ...

firmechicano831 is offline Anabolic Member
    That is a good one 5min, but does he open it first then tape it back together or just don't open it at all?

MorganKane is offline Associate Member
    I would open the package. then tape it back up.
    Write return to sender and set aside.

If you get a package in your name you would open it before you return to sender.

Hold on. I do not plan on having the package sent in my name. Also I have told the sender that I have no intention on signing for it.

Just thinking ahead unless I am wrong.

musclefireman is offline New Member
    So are u having it sent to a PO box and if so is your name on the PO box?
    Last edited by musclefireman; 12-30-2005 at 05:05 PM.

Ripp3D is offline Junior Member
    I always just use a fake name and then go ahead and sign my real name. If anything, i signed something that had someone elses name but with my address. Hope it throws them off in a worse case scenario. Knock on Wood!

yom
    yom is offline Associate Member

Cool

if you made a a small order youll be right . either the package gets checked by customs and you get sent a seizure letter or your gear arrives on you front door. excitedly rip open your package wank over all the gear you were blessed with. crack open some amps and start cycle

Quote Originally Posted by musclefireman
    So are u having it sent to a PO box and if so is your name on the PO box?
    No. I am having it sent to a physical address in so far that it is a residence . No PO Box sfuff. Also, the package is not going to be in my name. John smith or something to that effect. I just dont know if I should portion it out so it gets sent to different addresses as opposed having it all sent to one address.

If one shipment gets siezed,, then I have the chance of the other one coming through.

Unless you think I am wrong.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    ..personally, I would handle this question via PMs instead of posting it in the open forum, but that's just me.....

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

why would I handle it via PMS? The more people know, then they could provide their input or howthey have handle it in the past.

Anabolic CEO is offline Senior Member
    I overnight mine, open it and then hide it. No Problems.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mortus
    why would I handle it via PMS? The more people know, then they could provide their input or howthey have handle it in the past.

..I said if it were me I would handle it via PM....The reason being that there's really no need to discuss how we receive stuff on the open board...Is the gov't. ignorant of how we do things?...NO.....Is there a reason to wave a flag and rub it in their face?.....NO.....

AG
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by yom
    if you made a a small order youll be right . either the package gets checked by customs and you get sent a seizure letter or your gear arrives on you front door. excitedly rip open your package wank over all the gear you were blessed with. crack open some amps and start cycle
    That's pretty much how I do it. LOL

Thread Information