GoldzGymBoi is offline Junior Member

Propecia on Cycle HELP!

I am about to do a cycle of 200 mg Sust 250, Deca 200mg, and dbhol. I am thinking od taking propecia. Can I take it with these or will is adversely affect them? I will be taking Novaldex also through my cycle. I did a cycle or winstrol and dbhol before. I noticed strands of hair in the shower while cycling but no clumps and now 4-5 months later I see not difference than when I first took it. So could I take propecia with everything just to be safe? I also heard if you take propecia when it is not needed it can have the opposite affects and make you lose hair. Is this true also. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again. -K

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    It shouldn't be combined with deca , as it can have the opposite effect then. If you require the use of it I would drop the deca. Research the topic deca/finasteride and you'll find lots of threads we've previously discussed this in.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    I took propecia (1mg ed) with a test 700mg deca 400mg for 16 weeks and I noticed no hair loss at all. I kept all of the hair that I had before the cycle.

BOBBY D is offline Member
    dont combine propecia w/ deca . it counter acts each other & causes ur hair to fall out more.

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    One more thing. Propecia only works with test and it's derivatives, ie dbol , eq, methytest etc. because it blocks 5a reductase from reducing them into the more potent androgen, DHT. What I'm saying is that propecia won't work with Deca and it's derivatives or ANY DHT derived AAS because they have already undergone 5a reductase chemically to make DHT derived AAS. Ya dig.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Kinda like the myth of Tren +Deca = progesterone gyno. Each individual is different IMO, I'd recommend staying away from this combo as well, but without taking it before, you really don't know how you will react. None of you are speaking from experience but just copying information you have read, believing it is the truth.(fitnessNY being the exception)

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    None of you are speaking from experience but just copying information you have read, believing it is the truth.(fitnessNY being the exception)
    where's the advice I gave him on taking it with deca ? I simply stated that propecia is not effective at preventing MPB when using nandrolones or DHT derived AAS. Honestly, I'm not too worred about MPB with me so I don't feel the need to run a 5a blocker when running a cycle. I have read that since it does reduce the amount of conversion of test to DHT that there's more affinity for the test to aromatize into estrogen. It makes sense if you think about it, action/reaction. I'd say if anyone was gong to use a 5a blocker they should aslo use a SERM at the least, if not an AI.

Not trying to call anyone out, I would love to see proof of these claims or speaking from personal experiences from a believable source. That's the only reason I challenge people, until then I don't buy it.

Information just seems to get repeated over and over keeping people from trying certain things that have not been proved or tried. So the myth continues because everyone is so affraid to try certain compounds together. That's all.

Personally I believe by taking finasteride during a cycle, can and will hinder gains. I do not go around preaching this because I haven't tried it.
    Last edited by IBdmfkr; 01-05-2006 at 11:21 AM.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Not trying to call anyone out, I would love to see proof of these claims or speaking from personal experiences from a believable source. That's the only reason I challenge people, until then I don't buy it.

Information just seems to get repeated over and over keeping people from trying certain things that have not been proved or tried. So the myth continues because everyone is so affraid to try certain compounds together. That's all.
    I completely agree. I'm going to run deca + finasteride next week with test of course. Alot of the info pertaining to this theory is recycled info from people who haven't ran it before. Like FitnessNY said he ran deca and finasteride fine without losing any hair. It's better coming from someone who has actually done it than someone just copying info they heard from someone else. In the end everyone reacts differently to things.

I've been on 1mg of finasteride for about 5 months now. It hasn't hindered my gains at all, but i'm seeing some acne. I think if you go any higher than that it might, but 1mg is all you need for hair treatment.
    Last edited by Smak; 01-05-2006 at 11:26 AM.

You have a good point OCD, but I think you can appreciate what I'm saying if you been around for awhile. Right on Smak.

TinTin78 is offline Member
    Maybe it worked because he had 700mg of test and only 400mg of deca ? If you go 500mg test and 400mg deca it might be different?

mortus is offline New Member
    Forget Propecia. Never buy Propecia. Take Proscar - cut the tablets in 4 and that will save you enough to spend on other stuff.

Having said that, with what you are on, you are going to have nil effect on your hairloss. Therefore save your money and get off the meds if you are worried about your hair loss.

You have a good point OCD, but I think you can appreciate what I'm saying if you been around for awhile. Right on Smak.
    I ABSOLUTLEY AGREE WITH YA bro. A lot of the time I think people are scared to think outside of the box, or they post up a question and some shoot down the idea, and other don't. For some the given question might be great for them, other it won't work. The best example I can give is longVs. short cycles. There's a lot of contoversey over which is "better". Personally, I don't think either is better, but if you've ran 12-16 week cycles for the better time of you using gear, maybe a quick 30-day cycle is just what the doc. ordered. Bottom line I'm trying to get at is don't knock it until/unless you've tried it.

fitnessNY is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    I completely agree. I'm going to run deca + finasteride next week with test of course. Alot of the info pertaining to this theory is recycled info from people who haven't ran it before. Like FitnessNY said he ran deca and finasteride fine without losing any hair. It's better coming from someone who has actually done it than someone just copying info they heard from someone else. In the end everyone reacts differently to things.

I've been on 1mg of finasteride for about 5 months now. It hasn't hindered my gains at all, but i'm seeing some acne. I think if you go any higher than that it might, but 1mg is all you need for hair treatment.
    Give it a try, and let us know how it works for you. I ran the test/deca cycle last spring/early summer.

I am currently on a test 750mg/EQ 500mg with no hairloss. Contrary to what I have heard from most, EQ is not that harsh on the hairline. The finasteride will not prevent hairloss from EQ, it will onloy help against the test. So far (knock on wood) I still have my hairline 10 weeks in.

I am now using proscar, cut up with a pill cutter. i also use nizoral 1% shampoo ed.

indrid_cold17 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnessNY
    Give it a try, and let us know how it works for you. I ran the test/deca cycle last spring/early summer.

I am currently on a test 750mg/EQ 500mg with no hairloss. Contrary to what I have heard from most, EQ is not that harsh on the hairline. The finasteride will not prevent hairloss from EQ, it will onloy help against the test. So far (knock on wood) I still have my hairline 10 weeks in.

I am now using proscar, cut up with a pill cutter. i also use nizoral 1% shampoo ed.
    yeah keep us updated on how finasteride works with your cycle bro and good luck ,,

Thread Information