ZIA1 is offline New Member

Prostate + Proviron

A little curious: I've been reading more and more about DHT compounds and "prostate enlargement" commonly arises. I'm taking 75mgED of Proviron and its great...libido is through the roof! What are the chances of the prostate being affected at this dosage? I understand it to be low but still not 100%. Does it have to do more with individuals who are prone to prostate issues?

smiler is offline Senior Member
    good question srry i don't know

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    I have an enlarged Prostate as well so I cant wait to hear what people have to say about this

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Many factors can cause benign prostate hyperplasia. It seems that high levels of both DHT & estrogen cause the greatest effect. A high DHT level and low estrogen or vice versa have small effects. Most prostate cancers are androgen dependent so you cannot be taking proviron if you have cancer.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    With prolonged use risk will definitely increase, and also increase dramatically as you age. If my memory is correct at age 50 a man has a 50% chance of developing BPH this percentage increases 10 points for every decade we live after that, end result being if we live long enough we will all get it. We can also hope that for those of us who are younger will live long enough to see more effective treatments.
    Last edited by shortie; 01-05-2006 at 09:57 AM.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive heard that testosterone is one of the mane causes of "prostate enlargment".

Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    Ive heard that testosterone is one of the mane causes of "prostate enlargment".
    Only thru its conversion to DHT and estrogen.

One consideration for those taking high dose DHT based compound would be to take Saw Palmetto extract. This would help to eliminate the body's own DHT production by inhibiting 5 alpha reductase. This might help alleviate prostate conditions caused by excessive DHT levels.

Good posts but I don't have an enlarged prostate. I'm simply concerned, as I'm 30 years old, if proviron at 75mgED for 10 weeks is going to cause problems.

MMMMMM, could be. I really don't think anyone here can substanatively answer that question, for some if might be a big issue, others may have no unwanted sides. It's like gyno, I'm forever reading post about guys getting gyno with 400 mg test/wk, I personally don't have gyno issues until I get over 750 mg/wk and usually not bad then. I just don't think there is a real answer for ya bro-Like they say "results may vary"

What kind of tests can be done after a cycle to check the prostate. Is there something specific that I need to request from the doc?

PSA test can measure the likelyhood of cancer, but as far as non cancerous enlargement(BPH) the most common test is to get a finger stuck up your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    PSA test can measure the likelyhood of cancer, but as far as non cancerous enlargement(BPH) the most common test is to get a finger stuck up your ass.
    My urologist said that the PSA test is the most controvesal test in regards to the prostate. He said the best method was the digital exam, and you can imagine what that is

The above mentioned finger in the ass. A good rule of thumb is, if go to get a second opinion you liked it too much.

the most common test is to get a finger stuck up your ass.

Actually the finger test isnt as bad as I thought (am I gay ?) so dont be put off by that, but its not than accurate. I had an ultra sound where they stick a probe up your arse and that actually wasnt as bad as I thought either, it just take about 30 seconds and its all over. The ultra sound is the definitive test. By the age of 60, 90% of all men will have an enlarged prostate of somekind. Testosterone does not cause and enlarged Prostate but DHT and Estrogen probably do. If you think about it, how can Test cause it when the prostate starts growing at 50 but thats when your Test levels are dropping. It just doesnt make sense for Test to be the culprit. If you are juicing and over 40 I think anti E's should be mandatory during a cycle.

Actually a recent study found a direct link between T levels and prostate cancer, now before you get all scared, the interesting thing is that it is not linked to high "total" T counts but "free" T levels. Which while they didn't have the nuts or more likely the research to say it most likely still indicates that it is the conversion of T into DHT that is causing the problem.

Actually a recent study found a direct link between T levels and prostate cancer, now before you get all scared, the interesting thing is that it is not linked to high "total" T counts but "free" T levels. Which while they didn't have the nuts or more likely the research to say it most likely still indicates that it is the conversion of T into DHT that is causing the problem.

I was given some advice on this forum, which suggested that its ok to run both proviron and masteron together...after reading and researching a bit...there's no F'ing way I'm doing that. One DHT compound is enough!

And Proscar is used to reduce the DHT levels ?

Thread Information