Polska is offline Anabolic Member

Blood Pressure 150/75

I am on a test E cycle right now (400mg/wk), taking 0.25 liquidex ed for edema. Just bought a bp monitor and my reading is 150/75. what can I do to help this? My bf% is already low. thanks for any suggestions

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    That really isnt that high, but what i would be concerned with is how big the gap is between the two.... go see a doc for a "check up" and see if he gives a shit about your bp.

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    the top number is a bit high, the bottom is fine

tommy39 is offline Junior Member
    You need to take several readings over days. Also sit and relax a minute and
    then start the test. I got mine at Walgreens and the cuff it comes with is too small. They have a large cuff for 10 bucks more and the readings will be more accurate. You can notice a big change in just minutes. Keep taking over and over and youll get and average. Mines usually 135/83. but sometimes its higher and lower.

BigDaddyW is offline New Member
    My BP was around that range too. All the doc is gonna tell you to do is take several readings throughout the day and to fill out a chart of your BP for a few weeks. I got put on 20 mg of benicar e/d and that brought it down to where it should be. But also what he mentioned above about the cuffs at your local drug store are designed for like a 12 inch arm which will throw the reading way off.

velvetlion is offline Banned
    You really need to have it taken more often. Your blood pressure can be effected by many different things. Just thinking that you might be a bit high because you are running some juice may give you a little bit of stress and raise it.

First thing in the morning today it was 120/80. I just tested at around 7:30pm and got 150/79 on my left arm and 143/78 on my right.

I started to get headaches in the evenings now, and low and behold my BP is high in the evenings....

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    test raises BP and since yours aint that high I would just keep monitoring it. See how it is offcycle and maybe think of then getting meds during cycle or sumin. Urs isnt alarmingly high but it sure is a lil elevated so keep monitoring it..

what I remember reading is that the tight cuff should only raise diastolic pressure.. but aint sure of that..

132/83 this morning. I need to lower my test dosage. I am on 400mg right now, what do you think I should drop to?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Polska, edema has very little effect on systolic pressure (the upper number), it really only effects diastolic. Your diastolic seems to be in order so you dont have to worry about water retenetion. I would get some bloodwork to see where your cholesterol and triglyceride values are. Medication would not be required for 150/80, maybe a little garlic supplementation.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    Polska, edema has very little effect on systolic pressure (the upper number), it really only effects diastolic. Your diastolic seems to be in order so you dont have to worry about water retenetion. I would get some bloodwork to see where your cholesterol and triglyceride values are. Medication would not be required for 150/80, maybe a little garlic supplementation.
    Excellent info powerliftmike, thanks! Any other OTC supplements that I could take to help systolic pressure?

but that just aint so powerlift... hypervolemia in general is a big player in all kinds of hypertension.. atleast thats how I always understood it.. water retention and edema aint synonyms either..

Thread Information