magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer

How safe are you...The Importance of Being Earnest!

Obviously sanitation is of primary importance during the administration of inter-muscular aas. Consequently, each of us steers toward the cautious half of the spectrum. However, as you know there’s a lot of space on this half, so how safe is your routine?

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT ADDRESS THE QUESTIONS BELOW:

1) Would you consider drawing and shooting with different pins the only way to go? YES; NO; COMMENT

2) Would alcohol swabbing your vial top prior to each drawing, then injecting be sufficient? YES; NO; COMMENT

If your routine differs from the two traditional methods above (when using vials), please describe it.

Thank you,

M.
    Last edited by magic32; 01-09-2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: err

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    1) YES .... but u can get away with using 1 pin to draw and shoot
    2) YES

thats how my routine goes .... for the most part

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    Is number 2 a trick question? I never touch my pin with anything.

1. I always draw with one pin and jab with a new one.

2. I always swab the tops of my vials. I even swab my amps prior to opening.

3. I put the filled syringe under a hot water bottle to warm it up a bit before jabbing.

Better safe than sorry.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    i do everything except swab my pinn you dont do that shit the pinn's already sterile

WEBB is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    1) yes i draw with one then shoot with a different smaller one, also when i was younger and very inexperienced i was scared to go buy more pins so i used some of mine more than once, now before i get ripped apart i realize how stupid this was for so many reasons and will never make this mistake again!
    2) As for the swabbing of the vial and the pin i actually don't do either cause from what i read bacteria can survive up to 5 seconds of alcohol and the pin is already sterile.

Now that i have read this i relaize i'm really kinda stupid when it comes to putting stuff in my body and maybe i better take a second look at what i'm doing.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by magic32
    Obviously sanitation is of primary importance during the administration of inter-muscular aas. Consequently, each of us steers toward the cautious half of the spectrum. However, as you know there’s a lot of space on this half, so how safe is your routine?

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT ADDRESS THE QUESTIONS BELOW:

1) Would you consider drawing and shooting with different pins the only way to go? YES; NO; COMMENT-I draw with a larger gauge primarily as a time factor plus preserve the tip on the untouched pin that will be used for injection
    2) Would alcohol swabbing your vial top prior to each drawing, then swabbing your pin prior to each injection be sufficient? YES; NO; COMMENT- I always swab the vial but never the actual pin. The pin is already sterilized and I dont see a need to touch it. Since I switch tips the new one is already screwed on and never touched.
    If your routine differs from the two traditional methods above (when using vials), please describe it.

Thank you,

M.

I've done this for years and never had a problem yet. Well actually I had celulitis once but that was easily cleared up with a few days on an antibiotic. I think it was more bad luck then anything.

Pinkvelvet is offline Female Member
    1) I would never consider using the same pin for both withdrawing and injecting....leaves less room for cross contamination.
    2) I would ALWAYS swab the vial before withdraw. The types of airborne contaminates that settle on top could be troublesome if coming in contact with the pin. As for the pin; mine come individually wrapped and sterile..so, no worries.
    Someone's Little Pumpkie

1) I use 1 pin to load and a new pin to shoot.
    2) I swab the stopper and my injection site well, but I never touch the pin!! It's already sterile.

MorganKane is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justincredible
    2) I swab the stopper and my injection site well, but I never touch the pin!! It's already sterile.
    I do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible
    Currently doing prep for my first cycle next month. This looks consistent with what I've learned.

Gold

primetime1 is offline Member
    Originally Posted by justincredible

same process for me as well

Thanks!
    Last edited by GoldieTheMack; 01-09-2006 at 02:36 PM. Reason: err

Thread Information