*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member

Interesting read: Full Testicular function after 18 months on-cycle

This is an old study, but I happened on it for the first time today... WhiteyK dug it up actually

The study illustrates full testicular recovery in rhesus monkeys... after the cessation of androgen treatment. Testicular suppression was induced for over a year... thus it suggests there's hope for full recovery for those guys who are on for extended periods.

I know Big k.l.g. will like this because, incidentally, the androgen they used to replace testosterone for 18 months was the much talked about 7 alpha-methyl-19-nor-testosterone acetate (AKA trestolone, MENT).

Reversal of testicular function after prolonged suppression with an LHRH agonist in rhesus monkeys.

Sundaram K, Keizer-Zucker A, Thau RB, Bardin CW.

Using subcutaneously implanted osmotic pumps, four male rhesus monkeys were continuously infused for 18 months with 100 micrograms/day of [(imBzl)-D-His6-Pro9-NEt]-LHRH (LHRH-A), a potent agonist of LHRH. After an initial increase, serum testosterone levels declined to 10% of pretreatment levels in three monkeys and the response to electroejaculation was lost. There was a decrease in testicular volume. Androgen replacement in the form of subcutaneous SILASTIC implants releasing 7 alpha-methyl-19-nor-testosterone acetate led to a restoration of ejaculatory response and the electroejaculates were devoid of spermatozoa. Under this treatment regimen (100 micrograms LHRH-A + 100 micrograms androgen daily), azoospermia was essentially maintained in the three monkeys for about 8 months. Withdrawal of LHRH-A and androgen treatment led to a complete restoration of testicular function. Serum testosterone returned to control levels and spermatozoa reappeared in the ejaculates with sperm counts reaching the normal range. Testicular volumes showed a gradual increase. These results indicate that continuous administration of an LHRH agonist together with an androgen can induce an extended period of azoospermia in rhesus monkeys. These results also show that after prolonged suppression (more than one year) of testicular function complete recovery occurs after cessation of treatment.

PMID: 3294772 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Great article bro, thanks!!!!

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Lesson learned: Monkeys have strong balls.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Too bad I'm not a Rhesus Monkey.lol

Is there a common name that we might recognize for the listed LHRH agonist?

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    too bad it doesnt tell how long the recovery took.. and did the test levels come back up 100%... I do think however that there are many pppl on HRt that maybe wouldnt need to be.. Its not unheard of that people take really long time ti recover, even with intense therapy..

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry.. somehow managed to doublepost..
    Last edited by stupidhippo; 01-05-2006 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    This is an old study, but I happened on it for the first time today... WhiteyK dug it up actually

The study illustrates full testicular recovery in rhesus monkeys... after the cessation of androgen treatment. Testicular suppression was induced for over a year... thus it suggests there's hope for full recovery for those guys who are on for extended periods.

I know Big k.l.g. will like this because, incidentally, the androgen they used to replace testosterone for 18 months was the much talked about 7 alpha-methyl-19-nor-testosterone acetate (AKA trestolone, MENT).

Reversal of testicular function after prolonged suppression with an LHRH agonist in rhesus monkeys.

Sundaram K, Keizer-Zucker A, Thau RB, Bardin CW.

Using subcutaneously implanted osmotic pumps, four male rhesus monkeys were continuously infused for 18 months with 100 micrograms/day of [(imBzl)-D-His6-Pro9-NEt]-LHRH (LHRH-A), a potent agonist of LHRH. After an initial increase, serum testosterone levels declined to 10% of pretreatment levels in three monkeys and the response to electroejaculation was lost. There was a decrease in testicular volume. Androgen replacement in the form of subcutaneous SILASTIC implants releasing 7 alpha-methyl-19-nor-testosterone acetate led to a restoration of ejaculatory response and the electroejaculates were devoid of spermatozoa. Under this treatment regimen (100 micrograms LHRH-A + 100 micrograms androgen daily), azoospermia was essentially maintained in the three monkeys for about 8 months. Withdrawal of LHRH-A and androgen treatment led to a complete restoration of testicular function. Serum testosterone returned to control levels and spermatozoa reappeared in the ejaculates with sperm counts reaching the normal range. Testicular volumes showed a gradual increase. These results indicate that continuous administration of an LHRH agonist together with an androgen can induce an extended period of azoospermia in rhesus monkeys. These results also show that after prolonged suppression (more than one year) of testicular function complete recovery occurs after cessation of treatment.

PMID: 3294772 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Electroejaculation is performed with a device known as an electroejaculator. A specially designed electric probe is inserted into the rectum next to the prostate. A current generated by the machine is applied to stimulate the nerves and produce contraction of the pelvic muscles resulting in an ejaculation.

fhorst is offline Associate Member
    AU.

strong balls and painfull @ss

Very interesting read...

I know a guy...who has a male rhesus monkey that he needs to run some tests on, and...ummm....yeah, he was wanting me to ask if anyone knows where a guy...I mean a monkey...NO NO...I mean MY BUDDY, could pick up an
    electroejaculator???

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Electroejaculation is performed with a device known as an electroejaculator. A specially designed electric probe is inserted into the rectum next to the prostate. A current generated by the machine is applied to stimulate the nerves and produce contraction of the pelvic muscles resulting in an ejaculation.
    Sounds like a nice little gadget.

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible
    Very interesting read...

I know a guy...who has a male rhesus monkey that he needs to run some tests on, and...ummm....yeah, he was wanting me to ask if anyone knows where a guy...I mean a monkey...NO NO...I mean MY BUDDY, could pick up an
    electroejaculator???

Lmfao!

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justincredible
    Very interesting read...

electroejaculator???

You are a nut!

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    must be a pretty shitty job getting monkeys off by shoving things in their butthole.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    hmmm, interesting read. maybe my 20wk cycle wasn't so CRAYZY....eh jigga

Lesson learned: Monkeys have strong balls.
    lmao!

bump

bump!

Beefyman is offline Banned
    monkeys would prob beat the shit outta us and are bodies are way diff...

Thread Information