GoldzGymBoi is offline Junior Member

Lifting question

Hey guys I am about the start a cycle. I have a question. I live in a very small town and the gym I got to is small not many people there. I do not have a work out partner. I am not confused on how to work out I have worked out by myself for years. My question is do I need a partner/spotter to lift heavy? Or will I be cool and get the same results lifting by myself? Thanks -K

USMCSS is offline Associate Member
    Try posting in the Lifting/Workout forum.

GoldzGymBoi is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

Jayhawk21 is offline Junior Member
    Just use a squat rack with a lockout bar. That is what I do, I don't ever work out with a partner. I squat, military press, and bench press with one. If you can't put it up, you can just slide the barbell up to sit on the lockout bar by your neck and you can crawl out of you want.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldzGymBoi
    Hey guys I am about the start a cycle. I have a question. I live in a very small town and the gym I got to is small not many people there. I do not have a work out partner. I am not confused on how to work out I have worked out by myself for years. My question is do I need a partner/spotter to lift heavy? Or will I be cool and get the same results lifting by myself? Thanks -K

Definitely post this in the workout forum. Plenty of knowleedgeable people in there.

To answer your question I always prefer a spotter on heavy lifts. Not for any added leverage with the weight but kind of as a safety net just in case God forbid something goes wrong. Hitting 120lb. DB for incline can get messy if ones shoulder gives out. I've seen it happen.................

Thread Information