Thread: diuretics

smiler is offline Senior Member

diuretics

lets just say a guy I know went to the doc and his blood pressure is through the roof 175/ 132, has always been high but not that high. usually can cntrl it with mass cardio. currently on 600mg test cyp ew 400 mg deca ew and 20 mg d-bol ed .5 mg a-dex ed. he's holding lots of water and was going to add 25mg proviron . doc gave a script for a diuretic to help with blood pressure. questions are... should the diuretic be taken? should the proviron be added? is it cool to take proviron, a diuretic, and a-dex together? will the diuretic affect any gains?

someone must have experience with this...anyone?

ok well I'll give it a go

hosam4ever is offline Anabolic Member
    dieuritics r dangerous & should be taken carfully but i trhink ur friend have 2 tell his doct about his cycle 2 give him the suitable medic

Quote Originally Posted by hosam4ever
    dieuritics r dangerous & should be taken carfully but i trhink ur friend have 2 tell his doct about his cycle 2 give him the suitable medic
    doc knows, well mostly, the test cyp is script. and diuretics are actually one of the safest ways to control hbp from what i've read

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Ive heard that ACE inhibitors are more safe in regards to sideeffects etc.. To my knowledge they diuretics are becoming less used all the time.. Get a doublecheck here though.. That BP is too high, it will cause damage if not put under control (to vessel walls + kidney etc...) in the long run

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    Ive heard that ACE inhibitors are more safe in regards to sideeffects etc.. To my knowledge they diuretics are becoming less used all the time.. Get a doublecheck here though.. That BP is too high, it will cause damage if not put under control (to vessel walls + kidney etc...) in the long run
    well diuretics in bb can be dangerous, but this is totally different. when used in bb shows they are used to "dry" you out. they try to pull as much water out as possible. for me it will be used to cntrl bp. the water is still "replaced"

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    yup but they can lead to electrolyte imbalances etc.. ofcourse ur doc prolly has good first info on them BUT I have been recently reading some articles that tend to advise agains diuretics. They still have their place though.. This info is from credible sources too..

BIGGIE_smalls is offline Associate Member
    my opinion bro, drop the d-bol, and start taking in some baby asprin as a blood thinner. by the looks of your cycle, it looks like your running a bulker. thats fine and all, but because of your bp, i wouldn't get to heavy with the fat gain. all you gain from this cycle you are currently running can not all possibly be lean mass. there is going to be some fat/h20 retention. curve the diet to compensate with your high bp. meaning don't get fat off your cycle.

and what kind of diuretics were you given? if its aldactone, which is fairly mild, i'd run 25mg daily and pound at least a gallon daily for the remainder of your cycle, coupled with some cardio/diet.

goodluck
    -Biggie

Quote Originally Posted by BIGGIE_smalls
    my opinion bro, drop the d-bol, and start taking in some baby asprin as a blood thinner. by the looks of your cycle, it looks like your running a bulker. thats fine and all, but because of your bp, i wouldn't get to heavy with the fat gain. all you gain from this cycle you are currently running can not all possibly be lean mass. there is going to be some fat/h20 retention. curve the diet to compensate with your high bp. meaning don't get fat off your cycle.

and what kind of diuretics were you given? if its aldactone, which is fairly mild, i'd run 25mg daily and pound at least a gallon daily for the remainder of your cycle, coupled with some cardio/diet.

goodluck
    -Biggie
    script is for hydrochlorothiazide 25mg 2x ed

Thread Information