smiler is offline Senior Member

B.S. blood pressure reading

mine is high so I did a bit of reasearch. the #1 mistake made in the doctors office when it comes to bp is "misscuffing". the cuff your doc or nurse is using is for arms up to 13 inches. last time I had mine checked...I told her to do it again using a large cuff... 20 points difference. I know several guys who have there own "home" monitor (myself included) just make sure you purchase a large cuff to go with it.
    If your arms are not at least 13 inches...get to the gym! lol

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    I was also told by my nurse that u can take BP on forarm..

Quote Originally Posted by Perrypup
    I was also told by my nurse that u can take BP on forarm..
    that is true. you can also take it on your thigh. neither of which are as accurate as your upper arm

BOBBY D is offline Member
    i didn't know that a cuff size would make a difference. just thought that if it fit comfortably on ur arm & it measured a steady reading, u'd would get a positive read. good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY D
    i didn't know that a cuff size would make a difference. just thought that if it fit comfortably on ur arm & it measured a steady reading, u'd would get a positive read. good to know.
    yes, it suprised me as well. it's not wether it fits your arm either. has to do with the amount of air that can fill the cuff. just remember to tell your doc to use a large cuff. better yet let him do it his way then ask what size the cuff is for. then recheck with proper cuff, may be suprised. docs usually remember to use large when de****g with real fat cats but don't think about it with us

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    ive experienced the same with the small vs large cuffs. Definitely go with the large cuff

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    ive experienced the same with the small vs large cuffs. Definitely go with the large cuff
    did you see a big difference in the numbers?

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    thats great kuz now i kan blame my 160+/90+ bp on my 19inch guns not my ****d up physiological conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    thats great kuz now i kan blame my 160+/90+ bp on my 19inch guns not my ****d up physiological conditions!
    lol...19 inch, damn. your arms are an inch bigger than mine but I got you beat in the bp department...175/ 135. haha....wait a minute, I shouldn't be braggn about that, damn!

Thread Information