Romeoguy62 is offline Associate Member

Cutting with Clen:Diet, Workout and Cardio questions

I am going to be ordering a Clen /T3 column from AR-R after Christmas. I am 20yrs old, 5'9, 205lbs. I am at the end of a clean bulk, however, my bf % is at about 17% (it was 20+% before). I know it's a tad high, but I started lifting a year ago and was in horrible shape. Anyways, I want to drop my body fat to see my gains and continue to bulk afterwards. While on Clen I hear people say you need to keep your normal diet to maintain high protein levels.

Should I worry about my carbs at all? I plan on getting roughly 350-400g of protein a day. However, I do not know where my carbs/fats should be.

I will be doing AM cardio-most likely uphill walking on a treadmill for 45min to an hour. Will this be enough? I will be taking my Clen after my cardio.

I have been doing drop sets on my lift days for at least one area (i.e. bench or Bbell curls, etc.). Is this okay? Or should I go back to sets of 10 and just cut my rest time between sets?

Thanks for the answers guys. I'm just looking to drop off my excess weight so I can continue my bulk. Any other tips are welcome!

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    i think the protein intake u indicated is low, u should stay above 400g/day.
    cardio sounds good, just maintain a steady heart rate as much as possible.
    clen don't matter IMO which time to take, it's half life is approx. 36 hrs. but i'd split into doses rather than 1 dose.

What should my carb and fat levels be?

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays
    i think the protein intake u indicated is low, u should stay above 400g/day.
    cardio sounds good, just maintain a steady heart rate as much as possible.
    clen don't matter IMO which time to take, it's half life is approx. 36 hrs. but i'd split into doses rather than 1 dose.
    above 400g a day.... smokethedays sometimes i wonder about the advice you give. id take your protein down to about 250g a day because you're body isnt going to absorb anywhere near that amount and it will just be turned to fat. try and eat about 8 meals a day with as little fat as possible and try to aim for about 250g protein 200g carbs 20g fat you will lean up right quick.

j martini is offline Member
    What is your calorie intake at the minute, when you start your diet reduce cals by 200-300 a day and continue to do this when Bf reduction slows down.

When you work out your calorie intake for the day it will be much easier to work out how many grams of protein,carbs and fat to consume on a daily basis.

Slow and steady is the way to lose bodyfat while maintaining muscle.

So I eat about 8 small meals composed of about 35g protein, 20g carb and 2-3g of fat? That doesn't sound to bad-should I consume all my carbs before a certain time? I imagine so, but I was just wondering how many hours before bed I should do this.

Ok sorry for the double post but I'd like to get all this straightened out.
    My Clen cycle should look like this:
    day 1: 20mcgs
    day 2: 40mcgs
    day 3: 60 mcgs
    day 4: 80mcgs
    day 5: 100mcgs
    day 6-53: 120mcgs

All doses taken at least 6 hours before bed

Run 100mg benadryl everyday for every third week

Run 5g taurine everyday throughout cycle

Drink 1-1.5 gallons of water per day

Eat roughly 250g protein, 200g carbs, and under 25g fat (what calorie #)?

45min-1hour of A.M cardio @ 65-75% MAX heart rate

Should I cut down times between sets or increase my reps or decrease anything?

What should my cycle of T3 look like? I've heard of tapering the dosage down, but others say it's not necessary. Are there any supplements out there to help return the thyroid to normal function?

Right now my stats are 5'9, 205lbs, 20 years old, 17% BF. I have been bulking with over 4k calories a day. What losses in weight should I expect if I follow this plan? Any other tips to help me complete this cycle successfully are appreciated!

TTT
    Still looking for info on what a T3 cycle should look like.

Also, what should my body temperature and blood pressure be while on clen /T3?? I will check it before I start, but where should they be midcycle? Thanks

primetime1 is offline Member
    for the t3 you should monitor you bbt for a while and get and avg . this way you can ajust the amout of t3 you need to take... as far as tapering down. some say so, but others say to run it for an amount of time with no taper. there are supps you can take for thyroid pct.. i dont know the name of them... maybe BLOWN SC will see this and help out. the temp you would like to be is in the mid 98s....so that it doesnt become catabolic, you can start at .25mcg /day or even lower in order to reach the desired body temp.

kdrkid81 is offline Associate Member
    I am thinking about doing a clen cycle pre aas cycle to bring my bf% down a bit why is taurine needed and how long should a clen cycle last and at what dosages??

If you do a search there are a thousand posts about clen cycles and all that goes along with it.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Taurine and potassium should be added to reduce the possibility of hyperkalemia and to prevent cramps.. I personally liked the results better (shedding fat atleast) when doing the 2 weeks on/2 week off than the benadryl but most people here seem to like the benadryl approach. I personally managed to lose a lot of BF with clen + cardio + diet and Ive never exceeded 100 mcg of clen a day, and Im a big guy. I also find the crash harder after many weeks (it doesnt last for long though)

How much weight do you think I should expect to lose?
    My stats are 5'9, 205lbs, 17%BF, 20years old.
    Sorry, just pumped to see the results!

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    depends on ur discipline etc... I have shed 35 lbs nin 9 weeks.. BUT I have lost some muscle too..

Thread Information