Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mb16610 is offline New Member

Here are the results of my first cycle using only 200mg/wk of test cyp:

After years of going back and forth of whether or not I should take the plunge and do a cycle, I finally decided to look past my fear of needles and give it a try.

A little background on me:

34yrs old
    6'1 200lbs
    44 chest 34 waist 17 arms
    lifting since 16yrs old

At 16yrs old, I was a complete rail and was 5'9 135lbs. By the time I got my license at 17, I managed to "bulk" up to 5'10 145lbs ;^)

Needless to say, kept lifting hard and natural all throughout college and at 21 I was up to 195lbs. I probably "peaked" in my mid 20s at around 205lbs, and that was about it. Since then, I've been struggling to make any kind of noticeable gain, so I recently contacted a HRT Clinic and decided to give it a go...

I wanted to keep the dose low, since I wasn't sure how my body would react. Here are the results after 10 weeks of 200mg/wk of test cyp:

Weight Week
    200 1
    200 2
    203 3
    205 4
    209 5
    213 6
    217 7
    219 8
    217 9
    217 10

I made my best gains in strength and size during weeks 4 - 8. After that, it seemed to kind of fizzle out. No negative side effects whatsoever. I took 1mg of anastrozole on Mondays and Thursdays.

I then waited a week after the last injection and began PCT with Clomid only. Did 100mg/day for 10 days followed by 50mg/day for 10 days.

As of right now, I'm in my 5th week after my last injection. My weight is holding steady and I'm anywhere between 212-214 on any given day. I've even managed to keep 100% of my strength gains. The only thing I notice is my endurance and appetite have dropped off somewhat, which I noticed around 12days after the last injection.

Aside from the initial water loss of 3 -5 lbs, my arms are now 18 - 18 1/4, chest is 46, and calves and thighs are all up 1 inch as well. Waist is still 34...

All in all, I'm extremely happy with the results. 5 weeks after, I still feel great (way better than before my cycle). Maybe come March/April I'll do another, we'll see ;^)

Thanks to all in advance.

Good results,very interesting.What was /is your diet like?

Kurz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xtralarg
    Good results,very interesting.What was /is your diet like?
    very interested as well......

My diet has always been pretty decent. Main sources of protein were/are chicken, pork, & fish. Occasional red meat here and there.

I was taking Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey during the cycle with Probolic's SR Protein at bedtime. I'd take 1/1/2 scoops of the ONs Whey 4X/day so that was an additional 144 grams of protein per day plus the 20 from the Probolic.

Breakfasts were either oat meal, cold cereal, fruit, sometimes pancakes or waffles and 3 eggs maybe twice per week.

Lunches were generally left overs from dinner (chicken cutlets, pasta, pork tenderloin, etc.)

It's hard to say - I never really "counted" calories, I just made sure my intake of protein was a minimum of 1 gram per lb of bodyweight.

I'm not a big drinker either, so I didn't have to change that either. Over the 10 weeks, I can count on one hand the amt of drinks I consumed.

I also continued my cardio training throughout the cycle too (2 - 3 times/wk for 30 - 40 min) either treadmill or eliptical.

That's about it...Oh, I also tried to increase the amount of water I drank throughout the day as well...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Great job, goes to show more is not always better, especially at your age, more Test is not required for a first cycle.

Hammerman is offline Junior Member
    good stuff bro, must've worked very hard on your training and diet! Good luck for your goals in the future!

SpiderRico is offline Member
    good job bro this is a post many nb's to the forum should read

Hammerman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiderRico
    good job bro this is a post many nb's to the forum should read
    I am Hammerman!
    Last edited by Hammerman; 01-07-2006 at 03:20 PM.

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats. You did awesome. Hopefully people will read this post. That way there will be less posts about "Is 1gram of deca fine for a first cycle?"

We need more posts like this.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    so if you do cycle again whats the plan? just curious if you'll keep it the same or??

Thanks guys.

My decision to keep the dose at a low level was because of many reasons. First and foremost, I only wanted a dose strong enough to produce mild, gradual gains without the world noticing.

When you look back at the results and compare them to the gradual downhill battle of not progressing anywhere since my mid 20's, hell - these gains are completely amazing (for me). I not only had a doctor and an HRT counselor, but a bodybuilder with 30+yrs of experience with these drugs ALL tell me the same thing. They all agreed that I'd get excellent results from "only" 200mg/wk. I actually had serious doubts that 200mg/wk would do ANYTHING, after reading some of the dosages people take here on this forum.

I'll tell you what though, I can easily see how these drugs can become very addictive. Mid cycle, when I was feeling like a million dollars - I kept wondering what the results would have been with 400 - 500mg, or what if I stacked it with Deca , etc...

I'm glad I had guidance, supervision & support throughout. Now afterwards - training naturally again is the best reality check you can give yourself. It was very easy to get caught up in the moment on cycle...

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    so if you do cycle again whats the plan? just curious if you'll keep it the same or??
    The HRT center also offers a test blend of 50mg prop/ 100mg enant / 100mg cyp per cc. I was considering doing 1cc (250mg/wk) of that for the next cycle, only because the propionate goes to work in 4 - 5 days, whereas the cypionate took about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks to notice some results.

Things I miss from the cycle are:

1. The endless amounts of energy and endurance while working out.
    2. The sex drive - felt like I was in high school/college all over again.
    3. Waking up "pumped" in the morning
    4. Increased confidence levels
    5. Recovery time was nice too - I only worked out each bodypart once per week, but felt like I could easily hit everything twice.

GREAT NEWS I am thinking about doing a 250 a week of test-e.
    PS where did you go to 4 HRT.

how much did it cost you

toolman is offline Banned
    Good work bro. My first cycle was in my mid 30s as well and 250 mgs also. Just like everyone else that tried 250mgs and ate, lifted and rested right, you don't need more to grow. Here I am now 40 and still loving life on cycles. Stick with the lowest doasages you need to grow and youll have a great time. Most on here think you have to up dosages each cycle. I have lost count of the cycles I have run, and my favorite test dosage is still 500mgs. I have run it higher but not noticed better gains, just more sides.

That blend is a waste if you are doing 250mg/wk. Think about it, prop stays in your system for a couple days and isn't really effective at a very low dosage like 25mg EOD like you'd have to do. Stick with cyp or enanthate at 250-400mg/wk IMO.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    First cycle is like your first piece of ass. It feels so good... Now he's tainted, nothing natural will suffice. Jump to the dark side, garbage can, devil's lair or whatever you call it with us....

judge_dread is offline Member
    This is quite interesting bro! 200mg is considered by many as "so little" ...Keep up the good work

My first cycle consisted of 250mg/wk of Test, 18lbs/kept 16. People around here start too high IMO.

toolman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    My first cycle consisted of 250mg/wk of Test, 18lbs/kept 16. People around here start too high IMO.
    Absolutely. Too much of the more is better mentality.

G-Force is offline Anabolic Member
    great results for such a low dose

i wish i had started lower

i used 500mg a week on my 1st cycle along with 30mg dbol for 1st 4 weeks

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Wow, do you think some of it was passing a mental block? I mean using a replacement dose of test and getting such huge results is nearly unbelievable. I am just wandering if your protein intake and training intensity changed knowing you were "on" cycle? Did you change or eat more and did you train longer and heavier?

Kurz is offline Member
    Especially since your diet was just hit or miss and not really a "plan" per se, not too shabby......

DWayne is offline Junior Member
    great results!!

Hard Head is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Wow, do you think some of it was passing a mental block? I mean using a replacement dose of test and getting such huge results is nearly unbelievable. I am just wandering if your protein intake and training intensity changed knowing you were "on" cycle? Did you change or eat more and did you train longer and heavier?
    Are you saying that 200mg/wk is a replacement dose? Really? What is the typical range of endo test produced wk for those of us over 40? Thanks Meso.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I like that you ran a low dose for your cycle... and got some good gains!

You sound a lot like me, I too waited till my mid 30's to take the plunge. The first time I ran TEST (Prop) and got those TEST boners I was like "hell yeah, this is what I'm talkin bout! oh wait... I'm supposed to be doing this to get jacked!"

But anyway... great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head
    Are you saying that 200mg/wk is a replacement dose? Really? What is the typical range of endo test produced wk for those of us over 40? Thanks Meso.
    Yes, 200mg per week is what hrt is all about. If you get really into it you can find that esters attatched effect actual release, also half-lives as well as active lives in direct proportion to half lives. Try to get a consult for any hrt or longevity clinic and you will find this is the typical replacement dose(injected hormone) for us males.

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    That blend is a waste if you are doing 250mg/wk. Think about it, prop stays in your system for a couple days and isn't really effective at a very low dosage like 25mg EOD like you'd have to do. Stick with cyp or enanthate at 250-400mg/wk IMO.
    Thanks, I never thought of it that way. The only reason the 250mg blend sounded good, was that I'd feel it much sooner. But it sounds like I'd experience more peaks and valleys rather than a steady level. The way the HRT rep explained it was, the prop kicks in right away and I'd feel it in 4-5 days. Then when that dwindles down, the enanthate kicks in, and finally the cypionate works its magic.

I'll mention what you said next time I speak to him. I appreciate the info.

Another approach that I am using personally is to use Test Prop for the first few weeks until the Enanthate kicks in. Here's a sample.

1-3 Prop 50mg/day (350mg/wk total)
    1-12 TestE 400mg/wk

Quote Originally Posted by Mesomorphyl
    Yes, I ate more on cycle, but only b/c I was hungrier (way more than usual). I didn't go out of the way to stuff my face. I did increase my protein by 2 shakes/day (+72 grams more per day).

The HRT clinic told me that a replacement dose was usually 100mg/wk. My test levels were 429. They said with 200mg/wk, that would put total test around 800 or so, gradually increasing to around 1,000 by the end of the cycle.

Could have been a mental block initially, not sure. I did "feel" more energy before 2 weeks into it. Week 3 is when the weight started to increase, then by week 4-5 is when I noticed healthy strength gains.

Anyone know what my chances are of gaining something very close to this on my second cycle (assuming same 200mg/wk dosage)? I know the closer you get to your genetic potential, the harder it is to gain, but at 6'1 215, am I anywhere near that? I guess that's a hard one to answer...

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Anyone know what my chances are of gaining something very close to this on my second cycle (assuming same 200mg/wk dosage)? I know the closer you get to your genetic potential, the harder it is to gain, but at 6'1 215, am I anywhere near that? I guess that's a hard one to answer...[/QUOTE]

it is a hard one to answer but i can tell you that you'll be more inclined to respond better the longer you wait to do your second cycle. if you do another with in a few months i would bump the doses up a bit... but if i were you, i'd try it at low doses again to see how you respond.... if you consistantly respond like that with the same doses then why bump them if you don't have to. good job by the way.

Kurz is offline Member
    I'm curious.....was is test cyp 250mg? So were you taking 1/2cc every few days or 250mg once a week? Why wouldnt you eat and train your ass off? I bet you could make some serious gains this way.....esp. doing this for say 8-10 weeks, then really blast through with a mild dbol /tbol and test cycle )30mg/day, 400-500mg week) for 10 weeks, then PCT.........thoughts?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by mb16610
    After years of going back and forth of whether or not I should take the plunge and do a cycle, I finally decided to look past my fear of needles and give it a try.

A little background on me:

34yrs old
    6'1 200lbs
    44 chest 34 waist 17 arms
    lifting since 16yrs old

At 16yrs old, I was a complete rail and was 5'9 135lbs. By the time I got my license at 17, I managed to "bulk" up to 5'10 145lbs ;^)

Needless to say, kept lifting hard and natural all throughout college and at 21 I was up to 195lbs. I probably "peaked" in my mid 20s at around 205lbs, and that was about it. Since then, I've been struggling to make any kind of noticeable gain, so I recently contacted a HRT Clinic and decided to give it a go...

I wanted to keep the dose low, since I wasn't sure how my body would react. Here are the results after 10 weeks of 200mg/wk of test cyp:

Weight Week
    200 1
    200 2
    203 3
    205 4
    209 5
    213 6
    217 7
    219 8
    217 9
    217 10

I made my best gains in strength and size during weeks 4 - 8. After that, it seemed to kind of fizzle out. No negative side effects whatsoever. I took 1mg of anastrozole on Mondays and Thursdays.

I then waited a week after the last injection and began PCT with Clomid only. Did 100mg/day for 10 days followed by 50mg/day for 10 days.

As of right now, I'm in my 5th week after my last injection. My weight is holding steady and I'm anywhere between 212-214 on any given day. I've even managed to keep 100% of my strength gains. The only thing I notice is my endurance and appetite have dropped off somewhat, which I noticed around 12days after the last injection.

Aside from the initial water loss of 3 -5 lbs, my arms are now 18 - 18 1/4, chest is 46, and calves and thighs are all up 1 inch as well. Waist is still 34...

All in all, I'm extremely happy with the results. 5 weeks after, I still feel great (way better than before my cycle). Maybe come March/April I'll do another, we'll see ;^)

Thanks to all in advance.
    good for you man.. low dose is very effective for many people..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

righton is offline Senior Member
    I've long advocated low dose FIRST cycles since anything above baseline(avg:70mg/wk) will give great results especially if doing 2 compounds(ie:test/deca ), and you'll save money too!

Maybe it is my age... maybe I react differently than others... I have always had to take above an hrt replacement dose to get the "icing on the cake" effect. Because of my experience I could not in good conscience advocate that low of dose. Others obviously can so if you can get away with it why not? The only thing I could say to that would be first cycles are always top notch why not make the best use of the knowledge and information available to make an intelligent decission. Stay cool bro, you have alot of growing to do.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toolman
    Absolutely. Too much of the more is better mentality.
    I just listen to Pinn and shoot 2g's of test each week. It works, you get big.

grimnlock is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mb16610
    My diet has always been pretty decent. Main sources of protein were/are chicken, pork, & fish. Occasional red meat here and there.

I was taking Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey during the cycle with Probolic's SR Protein at bedtime. I'd take 1/1/2 scoops of the ONs Whey 4X/day so that was an additional 144 grams of protein per day plus the 20 from the Probolic.

Breakfasts were either oat meal, cold cereal, fruit, sometimes pancakes or waffles and 3 eggs maybe twice per week.

Lunches were generally left overs from dinner (chicken cutlets, pasta, pork tenderloin, etc.)

It's hard to say - I never really "counted" calories, I just made sure my intake of protein was a minimum of 1 gram per lb of bodyweight.

I'm not a big drinker either, so I didn't have to change that either. Over the 10 weeks, I can count on one hand the amt of drinks I consumed.

I also continued my cardio training throughout the cycle too (2 - 3 times/wk for 30 - 40 min) either treadmill or eliptical.

That's about it...Oh, I also tried to increase the amount of water I drank throughout the day as well...

Kurz is offline Member
    I wonder how much one could reallyh gain on this cycle with a true bulking, no holds barred diet.....just slamming the cals........

Streitingen is offline Associate Member
    Nice to see some gaining from "low dosage" cycles... I've the impression that alot of people is using way to much juice.
    Good job

Quote Originally Posted by Kurz
    I'm curious.....was is test cyp 250mg? So were you taking 1/2cc every few days or 250mg once a week? Why wouldnt you eat and train your ass off? I bet you could make some serious gains this way.....esp. doing this for say 8-10 weeks, then really blast through with a mild dbol/tbol and test cycle )30mg/day, 400-500mg week) for 10 weeks, then PCT.........thoughts?
    I took 200mg/wk of test cyp. The strength was 200mg/ml, so I only injected 1cc per week. The 250mg blend is what I was thinking of taking next cycle - that would also be one shot per week as well. At this point I may just stick with the cypionate . I'm just curious if the results will be similar as my first.

I did train my ass off. Not sure what gave you the opinion that I didn't. I also watched what I ate as well. I didn't go into this half assed, but on the other hand, I wasn't fanatically eating a meal every 2 - 3hrs either. Could I have gained more weight? Maybe, but would it be as lean of a gain? I'm sure I could have deliberately packed food in until I was disgustingly full after every meal, but what good would that do ending up with a 36 - 38 waist?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information