Thread: Source Checks?

G-S Guest

Source Checks?

Just wondering if anyone else is having a hard time gettin some source checks from the MOD's around here.

I have PM'd 8 within the last 6 days about a coupla new sources I have gotten, and have only heard back from ONE mod.

For all the preaching we do around here to "PM a MOD", I'd like to think we (or maybe it's just I) could get a response, especially when source names are involved.

Thanks guys - just venting a lil.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Try some Vets too

JohnnyB

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Its an honest question, but you have no idea what we do all day. Here's what I do all day:
    • Check my e-mail and discover that there are dozens of questionable posts that have been reported by concerned members
    • Edit questionable posts
    • Delete posts that blatantly cross the line
    • Send PM's to members explaining why I have edited or deleted their posts
    • Check my PM's and answer as many as I can
    • Move misplaced threads to their proper forums
    • Read threads and post replies

Now, consider the fact that I work for 10 hours, six days a week. I have friends, family, and a personal life. Like many people, I follow a strict diet and training program. Then consider the fact that I'm not paid to be a mod. I enjoy being a member of AR, and thats what is important - mods are members too. Finally, consider the fact that I receive many PM's each day and more experienced mods receive even more. You'll get your replies in due time, especially if you have the patience to wait.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    it amazes me how much shit you guys do for free. Gettin Stupid, I always get replies to my questions, may take some time, so I'm sure you will get yours as well.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool The mod's life . . .

EXCESS has provided an excellent example of how much the mods have to do with regard to the board. Our role is 25% advisor, 25% editor, 25% encourager and cheering section, 25% peacekeeper, 25% educator, and 25% counselor. (If you were hip enough to see that it adds up to 150%, you're right. That's the way it is.)

All mods have one or more focus areas. I don't get hit with as many source requests as other mods, but I get hit with a lot more medical questions since that's my focus area. Some of them I can answer off the top of my head; others require research, so it's not unusual for me to have several screens up at once - a PM or post screen, a drug reference, a diagnostic reference, and a profile screen so I can learn as much as available about the writer (based on his or her profile and previous posts) and target my response to his or her specific needs.

I'm lucky enough to be able to pull off my AS use legally, so when I get a source request from someone I know, I usually send out a canned resposne. For those who are curious (and to save me some future time), here it is:

Don't take it personally, but this is a canned response. You can imagine how many source requests the mods get, and this really does save me a lot of time when it comes to typing the same type of reply frequently.

Sorry, but I can't answer your question. I'm honestly not familiar with sources, especially underground sources. Unlike most AS users, I've actually managed to get prescriptions for the stuff I use, and my sources are legit - actual pharmacies and drug stores here in the U.S. and Canada. That's why I'm not familiar with most of the sources that you see disucssed on the Net, including those discussed on other AS boards and forums.

You may have also written to other mods or vets on the board. You should be aware that, especially if you are a new member and are unknown, most people will be reluctant to recommend a source since they don't know you personally.

The only thing I can advise is caution, both legal and in terms of knowing the party from which you're buying. If you're approached directly by e-mail or a board PM (private message), chances are that the party approaching you is a rip-off or a scam artist. That's not always the case, but your best bet is to err on the side of caution. Communicate with people you've learned to trust, hopefully people you actually know, and get their recommendations - don't fall for an Internet sales pitch from someone you don't know. Either you won't get anything after you've paid your bucks, or you won't have any assurance that what you get is what you ordered. (That doesn't even begin to address issues of purity, quantity, accuracy in strength and dosing, etc.)

- TNT
    And that's when I send a response at all. Frankly, if I get a source request from a new user or from someone I've never had PM's from in the past, I generally delete them because I assume that, like Gettin Stupid wrote, he has sent the same source request to more than one mod, and the other mods are better prepared to answer them than I am.

There is also, as I note in my canned response, a security issue, and many of us have this in the back of our minds. When we receive a source request from someone who has just signed onto the board or who has only one or two posts, we have to assume there is a possibility that the writer is a drug enforcement agent. Unless we know you (through your posting history), chances are that most mods will not provide comprehensive information that would jeopardize a source. And we will do nothing to jeopardize the board or its members.

Usually, there is more than one mod on the board at any given time. (That, in part, is thanks to the fact that the mods are literally located around the world, so between North America, Europe, and Southeastern Asia we cover a wide range of time zones. Despite that, we are often in contact with each other and confer on a regular basis. Part of our role is not only to support and encourage A.R. members, but to support and encourage each other.) There are, however, times when I sign on that I am the only mod on line. At that point, I'll also check my dedicated e-mail account (which receives only reported posts on A.R.) and take any actions that I haven't found during my routine review of new posts.

As far as the review of new posts, I even do that selectively. Some members complain occasionally that once people become mods, they tend to post less often, and that's true. It is not only because we have other responsibilities, but because the sheer volume of posts has grown exponentially over the past few months. (A.R. is now up to 5,000 members.) At times, I may be away from the computer for six or eight hours, and when I return there have been 200-300 new posts. Therefore, I read them selectively based on the subject line or whether I have already participated in a thread. (Take heed on that one. If you haven't done so, I highly recommend reading Ajax's recent post on how to get your questions noticed, and the main rule of thumb is to use a concise and specific subject line. If I see a thread for which the subject is simply, "Question," or "How do I...," I won't even click on the link.)

The truth is that if we were to read every new post, let alone respond to them, we would be on the board 25 hours a day. And, as EXCESS said, most of us actually have lives off the board.

Our areas of expertise extend to types of cycles as well. I generally won't answer questions about recommending specific cycles, for two reasons: First, there is no standard cycle for everyone, and people often don't provide enough information for us to make specific individual recommendations. Second, I've never combined, say, test-Dbol -deca -fina. And if I've never used a particular AS, I'd rather leave the advice to members, vets, and mods who have used them. (On the other hand, if I do have experience or clinical knowledge in the area covered by a question, I'll write a magnum opus. I prefer to focus on the quality of my posts than the number of my posts, which is why you'll find that I have written less posts than many members, let alone mods. In that sense, we all strive to provide accurate information above anything else.)

Finally (much to some people's surprise, perhaps), we do not carry our computers and modems to the gym with us. We can't respond to posts or PM's when we're pumping, pushing, pulling, lifting, biking, running, or crosstraining. That's why it's important to have patience. I've seen people who post a message, then post a "bump" to that message five minutes later. And another "bump" five minutes after that.

Today, I actually spent a Saturday night at home for a change. It was a nice break, but I spent most of it responding to PM's, some of which were a week old. And the usual advising, editing, encouraging, cheering, peacekeeping, educating, and counseling.

So please be patient in your requests, and understand why some of them do not receive respones. Really, it's so busy around here sometimes that we hardly have time for sex (no, not with each other), and surely you don't want us to become that deprived.

Well, maybe you do . . . But that's tough.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I recently e-mailed several mod's about a suspected scammer. Got replies from all of them within 2 days...they are busy, but they are good bro's who are here to help you out. Give them a few days then try again.

Peace

newone is offline Junior Member
    Bro I've asked many Q's to the mods and all have been answered in due time. I think the longest I waited was 3 days. I'm sure you don't sit at the computer and wait nor do the mods sit here all day; we all have busy days. Go on with your things and check back on your free time your answers will come.

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    tnt,
    great post as usual. i feel for the mods on this board. while i havent been here as long as some, ive been here long enough to watch a.r. grow very rapidly in the past 6 months or so, and i cant imagine how much the responsibility level goes up when youre trying to get a handle on all that goes on here. so i for one salute all of you, i think you guys and gals do a great job.

gettinstupid,
    feel free to drop me a line bro, and if i can help you i surely will. if not, then be patient brother, good things come to those who wait.......im sure your question will be answered.

peace bb79
    Last edited by iron4life79; 05-19-2002 at 06:54 AM.

G-S Guest
    Thanks for the replies guys. I'm just as impatient as anyone.

DATY Fanatic is offline Junior Member
    Okay I might be new here and I know this is going in the wrong thread, but since several mods are likely to be monitoring this one as a matter a legitimate self defense…

I’ve been reading posts on this site for some time now and only recently registered. So far in my experience I have been nothing less than absolutely impressed. The reality that so many people lend and dedicate their valuable time to share personal wisdom/experience to the benefit of strangers, in most cases, is incredible. Amazing! Inspiring! Although I have not PM’d a Mod or Vet yet, I have already learned from many of their posts.

This might be ridiculous, but here’s an idea…

Create a “Mod Appreciation Forum” …have one of your web experts provide a way to donate funds…you might even set up some sort of nutrition and research non-profit organization…pool the funds into the non-profit…yes, it’s non-profit because all the money pays for the “Annual Top Mod Appreciation Bash” in Vegas. This is also an obvious way for the extra dedicated and wise Mods, that may or may not have other life interests to manage, to really stand out…which you might not want.

Just a thought. Take care and thanks!

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    This isn't directed at anyone in particular, just seemd like a place to air my opinion on hte topic:

Remember, Mods may choose to reply to a source check out of courtesy, but despite what some people believe, they aren't obligated to cater to our needs.

Mods are just one potential avenue. Be creative.

G-S Guest
    Originally posted by Ajax

Remember, Mods may choose to reply to a source check out of courtesy, but despite what some people believe, they aren't obligated to cater to our needs.
    I see the point you are trying to make, but for Newbie benefit, go read the rules Ajax. Don't they say for members to PM Mods about source checks?

ivan21 is offline New Member
    I havent posted much on this board as i read other post more then anything, but when i do have a Q. and PM a MOD i have always recieved an HONEST A.
    ivan

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Its an honest question, but you have no idea what we do all day. Here's what I do all day:
    • Check my e-mail and discover that there are dozens of questionable posts that have been reported by concerned members
    • Edit questionable posts
    • Delete posts that blatantly cross the line
    • Send PM's to members explaining why I have edited or deleted their posts
    • Check my PM's and answer as many as I can
    • Move misplaced threads to their proper forums
    • Read threads and post replies

Now, consider the fact that I work for 10 hours, six days a week. I have friends, family, and a personal life. Like many people, I follow a strict diet and training program. Then consider the fact that I'm not paid to be a mod. I enjoy being a member of AR, and thats what is important - mods are members too. Finally, consider the fact that I receive many PM's each day and more experienced mods receive even more. You'll get your replies in due time, especially if you have the patience to wait.

Daaaaaamn bro....well i have to say i understand the work load the MODS are under and i really wonder some days how they do it..

hell it takes me a month to get up 20 posts !!!

anyway bro keep doing source checks..try some vets they have more time on their hands to do source checks....nothing against us vets but lets be honest we do not have all of the above duties so source checks should be easy for us..

One more thing bro maybe they have not gotten back to you as right now times are tough for sources with the feds and most are laying low......good luck bro..

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    send out multiple source checks to mods/vets...it may take awhile to get a reply because if i am unfamiliar with a particular soucre, i'll check with a couple of the other guys to find out the story...

Originally posted by ironfist
    send out multiple source checks to mods/vets...it may take awhile to get a reply because if i am unfamiliar with a particular soucre, i'll check with a couple of the other guys to find out the story...

Good point IF...bros also remember how many damn sources there are....you want a short cut..ask your source for mod or vet references first..that may save some time..if they have none well then you may want to look else where...all sources will have a few mods or vets they have entrusted and will back them up.

And to be honest they can be backed by 10000000 mods and something can still go wrong ??

Sucks but that is how it is .......

Thread Information