fight_prof is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Novice Cycle to Help Recovery?? Pls Help!

Hi Everyone, (a bit of reading, if you can help I'd appreciate it!)

My sport is MMA. I am 5'6", 160 lbs (compete at 145-150), and 26 years old. I train 1-2 times a day, 5-6 days a week (average 9-10 sessions a week), work a job requiring 45-50 hours a week, and quite frankly, am a high strung individual.

I will preface this by saying that in terms of Diet, and streamlining my training, I am more or less spot on. I eat very good, get my proper carbs in, timing properly, etc. I have been training naturally for about 13 years.

Lately, I've been noticing that my recovery just isn't what it used to be. For the most part, my morning RHR and weight is constant... but, little injuries that would heal quickly are not doing so. I make sure to take time off when I can, and cycle my training properly.

I was wondering if and what kind of AAS cycle I could use, even in mild doses, that would limit size gains (weight classes), but help me recover better. My cortisol levels have tested high in the past, and it seems that despite my efforts, that I am a straight up "worrier" at times. Hypertension runs in my family so I can see why in a way.

IS this a path to explore? I know many pro athletes use AAS to assist in recovery. I am not overly concerned about performance enhancement. I'd rather not something that retains water as blood pressure and cardio performance are very important to me. Masteron ? Anavar ? Any help with dosage/duration and PCT is appreciated as well. If it comes down to it, I have a very reliable source for this stuff, but would like more than 1 opinion.

Even supplement suggestions. I was going to use E-Form or Metacort.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

FP
    Last edited by fight_prof; 01-11-2006 at 12:33 AM.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    what do you mean by training 1-2 times a day 5-6 times a week? if you are talking about weight training that often thats way overboard imo. as long as you have diet/training/sleep in check i dont see why doing a cycle wouldnt be advisable.

Hey Jiggaman,

My typical week will include 2 weight sessions, 4 cardio/conditioning sessions, and at least 4 skill sessions. A lot of the sessions will overlap, so I might do some weights after my skill sessions, etc. I can usually never really fit more than 2 weight sessions in per week. Technique and Cardio is more important for me anyway.

Obviously, skill sessions can be taxing (lot's of wrestling, boxing, etc)...

thanks in advance..

FP

any feedback at all?

BRO I cut back on training, get some zoloft, only train like crazy right before your fights. u work long hours abd work out hard=HBP,stress, rest ,relax

I hope to see u in Pride and or UFC soon bro. cut back a little.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    i dunno.... so u would like to take sumin that would aid in recovery but not gain weight... would u b planning on taking one cycle or what? tahts seems to me a lil pointless... example: u would take sumin to aid inrecovery 3 months but after that u will experience that ur recovery times will go up once again.. If ur sole purpose is to aid recovery and not gain muscle Im really not sure what u should do.. unless u r planning to run it continously which is not that adviseable (though I know some fighters who do that) Maybe try sumin that inhibits ur HPTA as lil as possible and do a low dose cycle.. This is purely speculating and let the more advanced bros comment on that.. Really.. I could be wrong on that idea..

If I was to gain weight, it couldn't be more than 5 pounds as I am already big for the weight class. Ha, I'm not gonna go on Zoloft or anything like that.... maybe I should just change my job, lol.

ttt...

Thread Information