finasteride/dutasteride and hair growth

do these compounds really prevent excess growthon body? or just prevent loss?

Jayhawk21 is offline Junior Member
    bump to this

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    ironfist and myself have not found this to be true in the least...others still want to say it does. coin flip maybe

bump

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I am about to start finasteride myself at 1mg/day, What I'd like to know is if the blocking of DHT will inhibit gains in any way?

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I am about to start finasteride myself at 1mg/day, What I'd like to know is if the blocking of DHT will inhibit gains in any way?

Well I can tell you BD that when I was taking Propecia (which contains 1mg finasteride) I really noticed that my gains were being held back. As soon as I stopped the Propecia my gains starting appearing. Call it coincidence but I know my body and knew that the propecia was taking away from my gains. Even with all that said I want to take it again. Hairloss is a fear of mine and I'll do anything to combat it..............

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    Well I can tell you BD that when I was taking Propecia (which contains 1mg finasteride) I really noticed that my gains were being held back. As soon as I stopped the Propecia my gains starting appearing. Call it coincidence but I know my body and knew that the propecia was taking away from my gains. Even with all that said I want to take it again. Hairloss is a fear of mine and I'll do anything to combat it..............
    Well I think I'll leave it out then, There's always implants You want some finasteride? haha

Rocky IV is offline Member
    Well I think I'll leave it out then, There's always implants You want some finasteride? haha
    I do ship it this wayssss

LOL, I have some proscar here if you want that . Gotta weigh out the Pros and cons my jacked brotha. I know some that will take every preventative measure to avoid sides wether it effects gains or not. Those tend to be the pretty boy beach muscle friends (don't comment either). Then you have the people who just don't give a fcuk. I tend to fall right in the middle.............

Ditto, How are things going for your lately, with all your drama and all?

Goodluck to ya!

BD

Ditto, How are things going for your lately, with all your drama and all?

Goodluck to ya!

BD

PM Sent

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    1mg won't hinder your gains bruh. I'm running that off cycle right now. Might bump it up around 1.5 next week when i start my next one. I've been on it for quite sometime now and I actually feel stronger than before. My strength hasn't gone down one bit. I'm switching over to dutasteride after this bottle runs out.

Hova's just a wuzz

lol, jp. No, but on a serious note some people react differently to it. Just try it out see how it works for you. You can always drop it if you feel your gains are being hindered.
    Last edited by Smak; 01-10-2006 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    on a serious note some people react differently to it. Just try it out see how it works for you. You can always drop it if you feel your gains are being hindered.

That's good advice. As we all know everything effects us all differently. Thats why I lvoe personal feedback to see what is working for who and hopefully find out why. When I dropped my propecia within a week gains starting appearing. So if you go with it BD then at least you know if there is a problem you can take care of it quick.

Smak I think you should spend some more time in the lounge, I passed your posts a while ago Ur my nukka..............

BOBBY D is offline Member
    maybe this is the reason i dont see much gains on my sust/drol cycle. ive been on avodart for 2 months now. 3 weeks on cyycle.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhova16
    That's good advice. As we all know everything effects us all differently. Thats why I lvoe personal feedback to see what is working for who and hopefully find out why. When I dropped my propecia within a week gains starting appearing. So if you go with it BD then at least you know if there is a problem you can take care of it quick.

Smak I think you should spend some more time in the lounge, I passed your posts a while ago Ur my nukka..............
    I've heard people saying they get a flat look to their muscles when running propecia. This hasn't happened to me. 1mg shouldn't be a problem, but anything higher might start affecting your gains.

lol uh oh time to hit the lounge and catch up to mah nukka. It's on!!!

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Proscar will reduce strenght gains , because the dht which is being blocked, stimulates the CNS. This will also reduce libido. However, when you go on test-cycles chances are you want feel it much because you will get stronger anyway. Unless someone are very prone to mpb, I recomend using it only on test-cycles, and not with deca .

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Unless you have it already get Duta instead...much stronger.

M.

needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior
    I plan on running duta in my next cycle to prevent further growth of body hair, i will be running Prop Tren -A Dbol and Winstrol ...Is this ok ? Does tren convert to DHT?

bump

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    fina and dut are the most effective with test. They were made to inhibit the 5-ar enzyme that converts your natty test into DHT. So they were made for testosterone . Yeah, you will probably lose a slight amount of strength from the lower DHT but not much. I am still strong when on test and finastride. The difference is minimal IMO so I think my hair is worth a lot more than an extra 10-20lbs on the press. Being bald sucks cause you don't have any options on hair styles. It's either slick bald or the horse shoe look....

bump

needbigguns is offline Once Human and Inferior - Now Beast-Like and Superior
    in terms of gains does it inhibit mass to some extent ? Does tre convert to DHT and is 1 mg Duta each day enough?

Jayhawk21 is offline Junior Member
    Being bald sucks cause you don't have any options on hair styles. It's either slick bald or the horse shoe look....
    The horse shoe is manly tho. Not to worry balding ones, there is hope. Have you seen the toupees these days? They really do look real if you get a good one, you just have to be sure to not go outside when it's windy

I'd actually use test with heavy anti-e's if I knew for sure this dutasteride would totally inhibit body hair growth and reduce my chances of looking like Dick Vitale. Where can one buy this stuff at?

Thread Information