Freddy Johnson is offline New Member

Newbie user need advice - please read

Thanks for reading i'm just about to start a 7 week deca -durabolin cycle probably in a few days. Its my first time using and i'm actually kinda newish to weights.

Please dont bothar telling me I should wait till im more experienced though before I use.

The thing is a friend of mine said that he thinks I should change my workout program before I start using, beacause I need more time for recovery.

I've only started this program recently and would like to stick with it but maybe its not a good program to do when on the gear, was hoping you could give me your opinion.

My workout is basically 3 sets of 6 reps for every excersice, and I do one excersice for every body part.
    For example, on the chest press I do 3 sets of 6 reps.

I do the same workout every time I go to the gym, which is:

Mondays
    Wednesdays (early in the morning)
    Thursdays (late in the evening)
    Saturdays

This is the workout program I got from the gym instructor to put on muscle mass and gain as much weight as possible (although he doesnt know i'll be using gear).

And i'm eating my six plus meals a day so thats not a problem, was just hoping you could tell me if this is an okay routine while I do my deca cycle.

Oh yeah one more question, is it ok to use creatine while taking steroids ?? I'm guessing it is but just wanna make sure.

Thanks alot

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Johnson
    Thanks for reading i'm just about to start a 7 week deca -durabolin cycle probably in a few days. Its my first time using and i'm actually kinda newish to weights.

Please dont bothar telling me I should wait till im more experienced though before I use.
    YOU NEED TO WAIT UNTIL YOU'RE MORE EXPERIENCED. PLEAE RESEARCH INTO A DECA ONLY CYCLE AND WHY THEY SUCK!!

The thing is a friend of mine said that he thinks I should change my workout program before I start using, beacause I need more time for recovery.

I've only started this program recently and would like to stick with it but maybe its not a good program to do when on the gear, was hoping you could give me your opinion.

My workout is basically 3 sets of 6 reps for every excersice, and I do one excersice for every body part.
    For example, on the chest press I do 3 sets of 6 reps.

I do the same workout every time I go to the gym, which is:

Mondays
    Wednesdays (early in the morning)
    Thursdays (late in the evening)
    Saturdays
    One exercise of 3 sets? That's not enough, IMO.

This is the workout program I got from the gym instructor to put on muscle mass and gain as much weight as possible (although he doesnt know i'll be using gear).

And i'm eating my six plus meals a day so thats not a problem, was just hoping you could tell me if this is an okay routine while I do my deca cycle.

Oh yeah one more question, is it ok to use creatine while taking steroids?? I'm guessing it is but just wanna make sure.
    Umm, you need to not begin your cycle, and begin researching a lot. It's obvious to me, from your post, that you don't know a lot about AAS, you don't want to educate yourself about AAS, and your impatient. If you were'nt you'd wait until you were more versed with weight training.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Come on....do ALOT more research, your jumping into the deep end of the pool when you don't even know how to swim!!

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    ^-- listen to what they said.

deca only is not smart and for 7 weeks is worthless and a waste of time and money. You need to research man.

Bro be smart you need to be more experinced in BodyBuilding first i trained naturally FOUR years before starting anythings & i did great dont be a fool like the other people who listen to their friends about how they grew like hell on deca cycle well thats the good part "for a while" then you lose ur sex drive & hormones are messed up we are just giving you an advice nothing more if you want to try it then go ahead we gave you the heads up.

good luck.

tbjake34 is offline Senior Member
    If this is your first cycle just go with some test e 500 mg/w for 10 to 12 weeks you will get way better gains.

grimnlock is offline Associate Member
    Get ready for some serious trashin from most of the members.
    Honestly who in the hell gave u the idea that steroids make u bigger?
    U haven't really lifted in ure life and u expect to turn into arnie?
    Steroid is not a wonder drug.
    It requires hard work, a good diet and patients.
    I gained 56lbs naturally before i even thought of doin steroids.
    Stick around this site. Use the "search" function.
    Read up and learn how steroids actually work.
    Better safe than sorry. Its your helath at stake. Don't ruin it bro.
    By the way do u have any idea why ure gonna use Deca ?
    Honestly bro take it easy. Rome wasn't built in a night.
    Seriously lay off the juice, read up and learn before u touch it.
    Good Luck. I did't intend to flame in any way but
    just concern of your wellbeing.

joop is offline Junior Member
    Why not? Because this is exactly what you need to do.

You obviously don't know what the fvck you are doing. You have no business using AAS when you don't even know the first thing about training.

Streitingen is offline Associate Member
    First of all, you shouldn't take any steriodes at this stage.
    If you're going to do a cycle anyway (regardless that we do NOT recommend it for you) you should take the deca for atleast 10 weeks (some say 12). A short esthered steroid is often more suitable for short cycles, and stacked with an oral "kickstarter".

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    your dick will most likely stop working for a long time if you run deca alone. Testosterone should be the only beginner cycle and the base of every future cycle. If you take deca without test, you will quickly shut down your natural test production and have no test in your body since youre not injecting it. Say good bye to your sex life, energy, mood, etc.. You obviously have no clue how to train, eat, or take gear. Steroids are not miracle drugs, especially if you dont know how to train, eat and take them correctly. Any gains you get from them will be gone quicker than they come. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Streitingen
    If you're going to do a cycle anyway (regardless that we do NOT recommend it for you) you should take the deca for atleast 10 weeks (some say 12). A short esthered steroid is often more suitable for short cycles, and stacked with an oral "kickstarter".

do NOT do deca alone, this is terrible advice!

velvetlion is offline Banned
    Say goodbye to the sex drive and tell your friends thankx for the great advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Streitingen
    Not another deca , dbol advice

Ok thanks alot for the advice,

But I have done alot more research than you all seem to think, but am surprised some of you said to not do a solely deca cycle.

The reason I chose deca is because as far as ive heard and read the side effects are not common and much less than in other staroids. And also that its a good choice for novice users.
    Also I've been adviced by very experienced users to that a 7 week cycle is the way to go, and is what they did.

I have taken into consideration your advice and saying not to use yet etc, and will consider it some more.

But still have not got a clear answer on my main question:

Regardless of everything else, if I do decide to take gear now, is my workout routine suitable ??

Also i know it might not be quite enough time for muscle recovery, but was planning on using creo to help recover quicker, as it has always seemed to do this for me.

timvds is offline Member

But I have done alot more research than you all seem to think, but am surprised some of you said to not do a solely deca cycle.

The reason I chose deca is because as far as ive heard and read the side effects are not common and much less than in other staroids. And also that its a good choice for novice users.
    Also I've been adviced by very experienced users to that a 7 week cycle is the way to go, and is what they did.

I have taken into consideration your advice and saying not to use yet etc, and will consider it some more.

Regardless of everything else, if I do decide to take gear now, is my workout routine suitable ??

Also i know it might not be quite enough time for muscle recovery, but was planning on using creo to help recover quicker, as it has always seemed to do this for me.
    You havent posted your diet OR routine so its hard to tell.

velvetlion is offline Banned
    There may be others on the board that disagree, but I think that the workout plan sounds extremely ridiculous.

I am from the school of thought that you work out each body part once a week, maybe twice in some circumstances and you break down that muscle to the best of your ability on that day and then give it time to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by timvds
    You havent posted your diet OR routine so its hard to tell.

Ok well trust that my diet is suitable as I have been dieting and gaining weight, my diet consists of 6 plus meals a day and more than enough protein (and carbs)

my routine is more or less posted at the very top of the page

cutting_king is offline Associate Member
    in terms of training you may want to research that more than anything. if you are absolutely set on your deca -only plan and you are confident in your diet then at least look at how you are training. one body part (muscle group) per day. by rotating like this you push each muscle group as much as you can to maximise growth and also give it the best time to recover whilst you are training the other groups. also make sure you have at least 1 full recovery day and if your just starting off training properly try and include some squats and dead-lifts which will help boost your gains

Monsteronjuice is offline Associate Member
    hahah is this is this a serious post? funniest thing i read in a while

timvds is offline Member
    my routine is more or less posted at the very top of the page
    try less

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    you are a toooooool hahaha you obviously get no ASS and i dont mean AAS i mean you get no ASS or you wouldnt consider a deca only cycle and neither would any experienced users so stop lying you TOOOOL hahaha sorry to be so rude but come on...use test you schmuck and learn about somethin before you dive head first you have a lot of reading to do sorry for my rude comments i dont usually get like this but im just in that mood

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    This has to be a joke!

Only thing I could think of that's funnier is "My 80 year old grandpa is wanting to juice, is a winny only cycle good? Can he drink winny? Or should he go with Dbol only?"

I
    i dont know what youve been reading, but its wrong. Deca is a relatively mild steroid , but if its not stacked w/ test it can lead to a lot of sides effects. Just do a search for "deca dick" You obviously dont know how steroids effect your body and its something you need to learn or youre gonna mess yourself up

MarkinHouston is offline Associate Member
    Poor kid....he's gotten very bad advice, then posts a question on the board, finally gets good advice, and ignores it.
    Creatine - that's fine while on....
    NEVER run deca alone....
    recovery is better while on....do at least 3 exercises or 3 sets per body part...
    don't train anything more frequently than every 5-6 days (maybe abs or calves)
    he hasn't said a word about PCT. Does he even know what that is?

righton is offline Senior Member
    Check out the Workout Forum and you'll get some good ideas on novice routines AND mistakes. I hope you've taken some of the advice on the AAS though, remember we're here to help and the flaming is just a bro's way of showing some concern!

Bro you obviously aren't gonna listen to our advice. Your so called experienced user friend may have told u the wrong thing. We have more than experienced member here on this very board. People who have used deca alone and regreted, people who swear by deca alone and stuff like that. So if you do a lil more search on deca related topics you would find the best cycle plan for ureself. 7weeks is definitely shit. We've all said this but u choose to ignore and stick with it. Try 10weeks at least if ure still dead set on doin deca alone. But a word of caution, don't come back here posting a thread saying "i've got deca dick, pls help!!" cos we've warned you before.

You may pass off without any sides and that may very well be your luck. The fact still remains that we do not recommend this cycle for you. Anyways since your gonna ignore what i've said, pls DO read up on PCT at least. Do a post cycle therapy (incase u didn't know what PCT was!) once ure done with ure cycle. We've got a separate sub topic on PCT in this forum, go check it out. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkinHouston
    he hasn't said a word about PCT. Does he even know what that is?
    LOL
    Exactly why i've advised him bout it. Hope he listens to that at least.

Thread Information