smiler is offline Senior Member

you don't do blood work do you?

I know everyone should. personally I get it done once or twice per year. thing is I know several guys who never do. I know many on this board never do. I asked a guy why not, he told me "even if I did and my levels were wacked...so what. not like I'm gonna quit juicen". another guy told me he was afraid his insurance co. would get ahold of it and "drop" his coverage. I told him to do it annonymisly, he said he couldn't really afford it, would rather spend $ on food and gear. I'm just curious who does and how often.

c'mon be honest

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    It depends if I'm monitoring a possible problem ect(ie bi weekly).But I usually get BW on a monthly basis.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    It depends if I'm monitoring a possible problem ect(ie bi weekly).But I usually get BW on a monthly basis.

~Pinnacle~
    you do blood work every month? wow. even while "on" a heavy dose? do you have insurance? are you concerned they mey see the results?

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    you do blood work every month? wow. even while "on" a heavy dose? do you have insurance? are you concerned they mey see the results?
    I might come off as reckless with my cycling approach and doses,but I'm not crazy

Of course while on cycle.IMO that's a great time to see how these drugs really fvk up your system.And they do

I pay independently.What they(insurance co) don't know,won't hurt them

~Pinnacle~

timvds is offline Member
    Every three months, lipid panel, cholesterol ect. Right now I am monitoring my cholesterol closely.

I don't think your reckless at all. but it just seems everything would be soo wacked your doc would freak. I guess if you do it independently your doc never sees it huh? just otta curiosity whay all do you get done that frequently? everthing? what do you pay for this? do you draw your own blood and send it in?

Quote Originally Posted by timvds
    Every three months, lipid panel, cholesterol ect. Right now I am monitoring my cholesterol closely.
    good, good. but what if your LDL or HDL is severly out? what then? would you come "off" ?

I don't think your reckless at all. but it just seems everything would be soo wacked your doc would freak. I guess if you do it independently your doc never sees it huh? just otta curiosity whay all do you get done that frequently? everthing? what do you pay for this? do you draw your own blood and send it in?
    Who said I go to my regular(family) doctor?Is it illegal to have more than one doctor?

It depends what I'm looking for in the Test results.I might just get Cholesterol done,or lipids ect...it's different every month(totally dependent on drugs I'm using ect).So I can't give you a concise answer.

~Pinnacle~

timvds is offline Member
    good, good. but what if your LDL or HDL is severly out? what then? would you come "off" ?
    Well it hasnt become severe yet.. I have upped the cardio and changed my diet a bit, I go in next week to get retested again. If it has not gone down then I will come off completely. Then there is always lipitor but I want to do things naturally.

Who said I go to my regular(family) doctor?Is it illegal to have more than one doctor?

It depends what I'm looking for in the Test results.I might just get Cholesterol done,or lipids ect...it's different every month(totally dependent on drugs I'm using ect).So I can't give you a concise answer.

~Pinnacle~
    that's cool. I have a really cool doc. perscribed me an awsome dose of test cyp. but I'm a bit paranoid about getting blood work done through him in fear he will stop giving me what he has. I live in a very small town so...just a pain in the ass for me to get it done. I have to come off and just stay on a very low dose for 3 or 4 weeks prior to blood work. so I never know whats up while I'm on but I never thought it mattered. as long as its good while off.

that's cool. I have a really cool doc. perscribed me an awsome dose of test cyp. but I'm a bit paranoid about getting blood work done through him in fear he will stop giving me what he has. I live in a very small town so...just a pain in the ass for me to get it done. I have to come off and just stay on a very low dose for 3 or 4 weeks prior to blood work. so I never know whats up while I'm on but I never thought it mattered. as long as its good while off.
    You should at least be monitoring your cholesterol every 3 mos.Being you're on year round(HRT or otherwise).

~Pinnacle~

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    I know everyone should. personally I get it done once or twice per year. thing is I know several guys who never do. I know many on this board never do. I asked a guy why not, he told me "even if I did and my levels were wacked...so what. not like I'm gonna quit juicen". another guy told me he was afraid his insurance co. would get ahold of it and "drop" his coverage. I told him to do it annonymisly, he said he couldn't really afford it, would rather spend $ on food and gear. I'm just curious who does and how often.
    i get a hormone and kidney/liver value check before and after every cycle.

Monsteronjuice is offline Associate Member
    I never go personally to go get bloodwork drawn... I wait for problems to araise physically then the doc makes me get a blood test, but so far nothign has ever been out of wack except test a lil high

Quote Originally Posted by Monsteronjuice
    I wait for problems to araise physically then the doc makes me get a blood test
    Simply ingenious........

timvds is offline Member
    Simply ingenious........
    Yeah, especially since you wont know your cholesterol is that bad till you have a stroke/heart attack.

im just being honest...

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    for starters just get everything you can besides a hormone panel done. would be wise to check on your cbc, liver, kidneys, triglycerides, etc

Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    for starters just get everything you can besides a hormone panel done. would be wise to check on your cbc, liver, kidneys, triglycerides, etc
    yes but check these while "on" or wait till end of the cycle
    ? cuz I know they will be out right now and I dont want the questions.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Pinn... can u elaborate a lil what ur BW results show? Im interested in finding out how does the heavy cycling u do affect these levels...

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    Pinn... can u elaborate a lil what ur BW results show? Im interested in finding out how does the heavy cycling u do affect these levels...
    I'm curious as well. are your liver values that of an alcoholic while on? or not as bad? I know our livers work hard but just how hard

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    I never go personally to go get bloodwork drawn... I wait for problems to araise physically then the doc makes me get a blood test, but so far nothign has ever been out of wack except test a lil high
    Well that is a good way to save money but an even better way to kill yourself.

I talked to my regular doctor yesterday and he said he will do Total, Free Test and Lipid profile for under $100 if I want to pay cash and not go through my insurance.. To me that seems cheap enough to get done once every 2-3 months. The "wait and see" approach when you are messing with your natural hormones is not a good idea. Yes you are being honest but I have to be honest with you, You Need to do this more often bro.. save yourself some issues later that might cause major problems.

Oldman

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    Well that is a good way to save money but an even better way to kill yourself.

I talked to my regular doctor yesterday and he said he will do Total, Free Test and Lipid profile for under $100 if I want to pay cash and not go through my insurance.. To me that seems cheap enough to get done once every 2-3 months. The "wait and see" approach when you are messing with your natural hormones is not a good idea. Yes you are being honest but I have to be honest with you, You Need to do this more often bro.. save yourself some issues later that might cause major problems.

Oldman
    why do you only do test and lipid? if you are on cycle who cares what your test says unless you think your gear is bunk. I think you should check your test when you get off to see when you recover but???

why do you only do test and lipid? if you are on cycle who cares what your test says unless you think your gear is bunk. I think you should check your test when you get off to see when you recover but???

sorry that WAS confusing. I am getting Test after PCT to see where I am but Lipid profile more often.. I think some people just jump from one cycle to the next not having any idea where their hormones are. I will also do complete BW once per year as my insurance allows... they will pay for All the tests once per year without question but only once so the others I have to be out of pocket. I guess my point was it is cheaper than a bottle of Test to get your basic profile done so why not do it??

Oldman

i'lll do some bloodwork after my next cycle jsut to see where I stand, I hoenstly thought it was bs and no one really got it done, looks like this thread was a wake up call

just for you though pinnacle

i'lll do some bloodwork after my next cycle jsut to see where I stand, I hoenstly thought it was bs and no one really got it done, looks like this thread was a wake up call

MarkinHouston is offline Associate Member
    I have gotten it done and was planning to get it done after pct which ends at the end of this month. I can usually guess my test within 100 by my mood/libido, but i need to know my liver function values. Specifically alt & ast. I know they've been out of range, but how high is too high to start my next cycle? (Not to hijack, but it's the next logical question, now that we agree that bw is necessary.)

tommy39 is offline Junior Member
    well here in Georgia there is a bunch of labs around atlanta called Any Lab Tests. You just walk in and pick your package and they draw right then. I
    go on Sat mornings and dont eat past 8pm on fri night. They have a 109dollar
    package that has all your liver,cholesterol,thyroid,RBC,WBC,Hemo,iron,BUN,po tassium,creatin,protein
    ect. Everything but testlevels for 109bucks. I get it on Sat and on tues i can
    pick up results. Its great especially for people with no ins. I have ins. but they
    wont pay for all this 2 or 3 times a year unless the doc orders it and he aint going to unless your sick.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy39
    well here in Georgia there is a bunch of labs around atlanta called Any Lab Tests. You just walk in and pick your package and they draw right then. I
    go on Sat mornings and dont eat past 8pm on fri night. They have a 109dollar
    package that has all your liver,cholesterol,thyroid,RBC,WBC,Hemo,iron,BUN,po tassium,creatin,protein
    ect. Everything but testlevels for 109bucks. I get it on Sat and on tues i can
    pick up results. Its great especially for people with no ins. I have ins. but they
    wont pay for all this 2 or 3 times a year unless the doc orders it and he aint going to unless your sick.
    that's sweet. wish I had that kind of access

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    that's sweet. wish I had that kind of access
    check out www.directlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    yea I've seen that but you have to go to a collection site, (to draw blood) none anywhere close to me

Quote Originally Posted by oldman
    sorry that WAS confusing. I am getting Test after PCT to see where I am but Lipid profile more often.. I think some people just jump from one cycle to the next not having any idea where their hormones are. I will also do complete BW once per year as my insurance allows... they will pay for All the tests once per year without question but only once so the others I have to be out of pocket. I guess my point was it is cheaper than a bottle of Test to get your basic profile done so why not do it??

Oldman
    yes agreed

Froggy is offline Member
    Its great that there are independant testing labs that don't require a doctors order to perform...I asked about this a while back at a chain lab & they looked at me like I was from Mars...never heard of such a thing...ya know, some policy crapola...

Thread Information