Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

What should I tell my Doctor?

I rolled my ankle about two days ago and my wife freaked and made me an appt for this morning with my primary care Dr. I'm on cycle and my blood pressure has been runing high with headaches (that are now waning). Do I tell him?

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grappler13
    I rolled my ankle about two days ago and my wife freaked and made me an appt for this morning with my primary care Dr. I'm on cycle and my blood pressure has been runing high with headaches (that are now waning). Do I tell him?
    Always tell your DR EVERYTHING! That's why there are DR patient confidentiality laws. The worst thing you can do is make your DR guess.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    My family Dr doesnt even like me taking protein. I would not tell him unless I had too. I have another Dr at a sports clinic I can go to for any aas related problems if needed.

If your Drs anything like mine I would tell him that I either drank a lot of coffee or am taking a fat burner if he questions you on the BP. Your going in for a ankle not a aas related problem.

wuboy25 is offline Associate Member
    Always tell the truth bro. Like I said to amother guy the other day, docs are not here to judge you or call the cops... there are here to help you. IMO, this is the way to go.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member

I would never tell my Doctor I was on AAS unless I was having an issue that was directly related to them.

If you do decide to tell him make sure you ask him not to put it in your medical records (but he may anyway). your insurance provider has rights to your file and if they find out you're on AAS they may raise your rates, rank you as "high risk" or drop you all together.

Quote Originally Posted by cgb6810
    My family Dr doesnt even like me taking protein. I would not tell him unless I had too. I have another Dr at a sports clinic I can go to for any aas related problems if needed.

If your Drs anything like mine I would tell him that I either drank a lot of coffee or am taking a fat burner if he questions you on the BP. Your going in for a ankle not a aas related problem.
    Why not tell him? I know it's not related at this point but what if a problem arises in the future? Maybe he can even get some Blood work done covered by his insuraance while he is there.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    I would never tell my Doctor I was on AAS unless I was having an issue that was directly related to them.

If you do decide to tell him make sure you ask him not to put it in your medical records (but he may anyway). your insurance provider has rights to your file and if they find out you're on AAS they may raise your rates, rank you as "high risk" or drop you all together.
    He cannot disclose that information.

wuboy25 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wuboy25
    Always tell the truth bro. Like I said to amother guy the other day, docs are not here to judge you or call the cops... there are here to help you. IMO, this is the way to go.
    ... if the problem is related to AAS of course.

seattleseahalkjunkie is offline Junior Member
    I just went through surgery without telling my doc. It was not AAS related so I figured why tell him. I do get my bllod worked covered by telling his I just want to make sure everything is ok because I work out alot and take supplements. Its just an ankle and I am sure you expected the sides of your use. I dont know that is just what I would do. Doctors are human they do judge. It could affect your care in the furture.

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    NO WAY don't tell him anything if it's for your ankle. As soon as you tell a doctor you juice it's in your medical record and that's it, the doctors look at you like a junkie or something. If it was something serious then of course you have to tell them but for an ankle? no way

Mesomorphyl is offline Smart Ass Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FranKieC
    He cannot disclose that information.
    They can disclose to the insurance who can drop you, or to insurance for "life coverage" for your family years later and get denied. Think bro, it is an ankle and if bp is a bit high it could be from the pain as well(ask any doc or nurse).

Thread Information