lzicc is offline Senior Member

Thinking about shooting quads. Have a few questions.

I am thinking about make quads another place to shoot at since I will start doing ed shots soon. I am a little bit nervous about doing this and have been reading alot of older post on this subject. I have a few questions.

Quads seem like they are the one area that have the most nerves/veins in them. Am I correct in saying that?

I always asperate, but to me, it seems that it would be very hard to inject into a vein anywhere you shoot since the needle is going pretty far in the muscle. Once in the muscle, there are not veins in there to hit, right? You usually can pass through a vein under the skin, but you would be past that once the needle is fully in.

Now if I look down at my right quad and flex it, there is a bulge on the top, right part of my quad. Almost like on the corner of my quad. Now to shoot, I would go about the middle of my quad between my knee and hip and stick it in the bulge area of the quad.

I've look at spot injections 4 different quad pics and everyone seems to be different. I want to do this in the most comforable area of the quad.

Any input is appreciated.

snowfox is offline Associate Member
    Quads are one of my favourites. They are easy to inject into, you can see what you are doing and as long as you hit the outer side of the quad you should be ok without hitting a vein or nerve.

You don't have to sit on them like glutes and you can inject a lot of ml into it as it's also a large muscle. You can play around a little with where to inject, just stay away from areas close to the knee and hip.

I've never had a problem and I've poked it hundreds of times.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Sounds like you have the right spot to me. I shot my glutes and then quads (when I couldnt reach my glutes anymore) on my last cycle. That was only 2x week shots. I just started a prop cycle and thought I would hit my quads, delts and pecs. My quads are fine, not nearly as sore as before, but my pecs and delts are aching. Im thinking of switching to hitting quads twice, high and low on the outer quad, and my glutes. I could hardly do chest yesterday.

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    If you never shot it there you will be sore for awhile. I was the first couple of times. Just to let you know.

Thanks for the input. Now I need to get the guts up to finally do it. I am going to try a small shot first, like maybe a cc. I notice that when I start shooting in new places, the first few times can be painfull until that muscle gets used to it.

cgb: The high/low thing is a nice option to have with quads. I was thinking that same thing.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    For quads, I pierce the skin quickly and then gently glide the pin in. By going slowly I am able to tell if and when I am getting near a nerve. If I do get near a nerve, I pull back a bit, slightly change the angle and continue with penetration. I've had my quad start rapidly twitching which to me indicates that the needle is within close proximity of a nerve.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    For quads, I pierce the skin quickly and then gently glide the pin in. By going slowly I am able to tell if and when I am getting near a nerve. If I do get near a nerve, I pull back a bit, slightly change the angle and continue with penetration. I've had my quad start rapidly twitching which to me indicates that the needle is within close proximity of a nerve.
    I've had this also. Sometimes it can be very painful.

good luck brother im about to take my first quad shot as well!

smiler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    I am thinking about make quads another place to shoot at since I will start doing ed shots soon. I am a little bit nervous about doing this and have been reading alot of older post on this subject. I have a few questions.

Quads seem like they are the one area that have the most nerves/veins in them. Am I correct in saying that?

I always asperate, but to me, it seems that it would be very hard to inject into a vein anywhere you shoot since the needle is going pretty far in the muscle. Once in the muscle, there are not veins in there to hit, right? You usually can pass through a vein under the skin, but you would be past that once the needle is fully in.

Now if I look down at my right quad and flex it, there is a bulge on the top, right part of my quad. Almost like on the corner of my quad. Now to shoot, I would go about the middle of my quad between my knee and hip and stick it in the bulge area of the quad.

I've look at spot injections 4 different quad pics and everyone seems to be different. I want to do this in the most comforable area of the quad.

Any input is appreciated.
    never done quads? where do you usually shoot?

DBflash21 is offline Member
    I'm about to do quads as well, a little nervous but we'll see how it goes

dude i did delts last night I didnt go far enough man now i have a lot of swelling

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    quads are awesome .... so easy to do ... def go for it bro

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    I've had my quad start rapidly twitching which to me indicates that the needle is within close proximity of a nerve.
    i had that happened to me once .... kinda stunned me for a minute ... but i thought i was kinda cool ... just pulled out and shot again

tommy39 is offline Junior Member
    I hate quads. Usually hurt when going in and real sore compared to delts
    and glutes. Ive had to pull out too many times halfway in because of intense pain and move an inch or so over. Alot of hassle.

neverenuff: Good luck bro.
    smiller: I do glutes and delts. This will be my first ed injection cycle, so I need a few more spots.

I'm going to give quads a shot (no pun inteneded) and see how it goes. I am nervous though.

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    Never had a problem with shooting my quads except the first couple of times when they were so sore I could hardly walk. It is much easier for me to see wha tI am doing and aspirate .

thekustomshop1 is offline New Member

Never again

I stuck myself in the quads one time, and will never do it again. First time, I hit a nerve and had to change needles and found a diff spot and thought everything was fine. The next day, I couldn't hardly walk. I asked some question here and found my answer. It was infected!! Let me tell about fu!@in pain! It got worse the next 5 days even though I started antibiotics. Theres a couple of sites that will show you exactly where and how to shoot! good luck

Thread Information