swoll4589 is offline Member

Mixing B-12 with Test

Ok quick question. When I mix b-12 with Test C in one syringe they seperate. Should I draw the B-12 first or the Test first. Im worried about accidently putting test back into the b-12 vial or b-12 back into the test vial. I tried it today and it was wierd. I had 1 cc of test then after i put the b-12 in the syringe it looked like i only had 3/4 of a cc. I dont know. I know that b-12 is water based and test is oil but ive heard you can mix them. Thanks for the feedback.

engfire is offline New Member
    Clean your vial tops with your prep. then if you are going to draw 1cc of test pull your plunger back on the syringe to 1cc and stick it in the test. vial and inject the cc of air in it. DO NOT draw the test. leave the bottle upright you just want to prime the bottle and then with draw the syringe form the test, vial draw air in to the mark of B-12 you will do ie: (1/2cc) stick it in the B-12 injest air and with draw the b-12 then stick it in the test and draw out your 1cc of test. The test will stay on the top it is oil and the B-12 will stay on the bottom. When you inject the last bit left in the hub will be B-12 a lot cheaper than leaving test in the hub it can be as much as 1/8 of a cc. After 8 shots it will add up to 1cc of waste of good test. I always draw my B-12 first and then test, B-12 is cheap and I would rather waste that than good test anyday..K

swoll4589 is offline Member
    ok so if i wanna go 1cc of test, 1 cc of b 12 i draw 1cc of air, stick the pin in the test, remove the pin, draw another cc of air, stick it in the b12, draw the b-12, stick it back in the test draw a cc of test.....

ive drawn and shot b-12 a hundred times ive just never mixed anything in a syringe.

engfire is offline New Member
    thats it the first cc of air in the test bottle is to peime the bottle so when you inject the syringe in the vial it dont have a vaccum and suck the b-12 into the bottle. I also do this with sodium chloride or Bact water if I am out of B-12. I want the water base on the bottom so I get all the test in my injection. I hate to waste my test. cost to much to waste a cc every 8th shot or so. When going through paramedic school we were taught to always inject the same amount of air in the vial as you are going to draw out it helps with getting your medication out and cuts down on the air bubbles in the syringe. Any more questions fell free to PM me. Good Luck Bro.

Auto54 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by engfire
    thats it the first cc of air in the test bottle is to peime the bottle so when you inject the syringe in the vial it dont have a vaccum and suck the b-12 into the bottle. I also do this with sodium chloride or Bact water if I am out of B-12. I want the water base on the bottom so I get all the test in my injection. I hate to waste my test. cost to much to waste a cc every 8th shot or so. When going through paramedic school we were taught to always inject the same amount of air in the vial as you are going to draw out it helps with getting your medication out and cuts down on the air bubbles in the syringe. Any more questions fell free to PM me. Good Luck Bro.
    GREAT TIP! First post confused the heck out of me... but now I get what you are saying! Creates 1cc of pressure in the vial then you draw out 1cc of test w/o anything mixing! I also thought about the B-12 being "wasted" rather than the good stuff. This should be in the "how to inject" section!

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    I always just pulled the test first, then the B12 after that to make sure the B12 went in first.......simple....

boywonder10101 is offline Associate Member
    Would it really matter if you mixed it in the same vial?

Thread Information