kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding

regular users; do you get emotionally addicted?

This question stemmed from the mtv show. Do you guys get attached to the sense of well being or the indestructable type feeling that aas gives you? im afraid that once i start using i may have trouble staying off long enough to recover.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    I think a combination of both is what makes me feel good. I'm indestructable in the gym and I feel good throughout the day with the overall sense of well being from the usage of AAS.
    Last edited by Smak; 01-14-2006 at 09:02 PM.

QuieTSToRM33 is offline Anabolic Member
    i get a psychological feeling that just makes me feel unstoppable in the gym ... as far as getting emotionally attached, no ... if ur smart enough to know when to use them, then u should also know when not to use them

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kloter1
    This question stemmed from the mtv show. Do you guys get attached to the sense of well being or the indestructable type feeling that aas gives you? im afraid that once i start using i may have trouble staying off long enough to recover.
    no offense to anyone, but thats like asking a crackhead if they're a crackhead, noone wants to recognize or admit to thier powerlessness over any aspect of thier life, its a law of human behavoir. anyone who truley is psychologically addicted is so for the fact that they're not AWARE of it. Anyone else is aware, than theres heroin addicts who are physically addicted and psychologically aware yet in the respect of pure psychological addiction, awareness is a primary element that perpetuates the cycle among other minor contributary factors like depression and anxiety which have physical roots however. so to provide you with the most accurate answer possible.. i would say it depends completely on your individual personality, and theres only one way to find out.

velvetlion is offline Banned
    I think it can work both ways. It can make your confidence go through the roof when you are on. But you need to watch it when you come off and make sure you are doing a correct PCT. Nobody likes to lose muscle and if you don't PCT, you will lose more than you might expect and it could cause you to go right back on because your ego has now been deflated plus your hormones are out of whack because you didn't do any PCT to get them back to normal. If you do things right and have a good head on your shoulders, it shouldn't ever be a problem.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    im addicted to making gains. i really dont need steroids to feel indestructable, Im a man, if i get hurt i fu_king suck it up.

noddy1 is offline Associate Member
    2nd that, im addicted to gains in size strength and appearance. I am not addicted to being sick on drol, having a feaver from BA in prop, not to mention the limp after quad shots...... hahaha.

When im off i count the days till i start again, when im on i watch myself grow as i count the days till the end........ fck its repetitive anit it!!!!

Noddy.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    those are good points noddy

The hardest part is knowing that your cycle is closing in on an end, and then making yourself stay off for awhile. It's not so much the addictive feeling of being on juice, its that shitty feeling being off juice. Your body for a period of 10 or 12 or 20 wks, etc gets used to the compound, and when its no longer present you get down

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I like to explore all safe (great benefit at a low risk) options for improving body composition. Sometimes AAS is used, sometimes it's not... I am not drivin' by the drugs themselves but by the goal's I try to obtain...

Working on improving the human body is a great personal achievement - much more than say, working on your car...

hardgainer12 is offline Senior Member
    Ive only gone as far as pro-hormones but i hate it when people say that steroids are addictive! My cousin tries to compare it to crack! I dont think anyone has sucked a fat 1 for some gear......right???

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    Im gonna stick with warrior on this one the goals come easier while ON but being off doesnt mean i dont train and try as hard as I do when ON.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    i love the feeling when am on and the fullness and pumped is very addictive but i would say am addicted to the gym and not the gear, if i didnt train i wouldnt take gear..

Deal Me In is offline Member
    I think this makes an excellent point. I'm afraid I don't have the article but years ago there was an article in Muscle Media where the author speculated that bodybuilders had a condition called reverse anerxia. Basically that we have a fear of being small. That we have an emotional need to work out, and take whatever we have to get bigger.

What do you all think of that. Do you feel that you are compelled to get bigger. I know that I have been working out since high school (about 15 years) and always feel the need to get bigger. I'm not saying that I have this disorder but I think it is something to think about.

Let me know what you guys think.

Working in the gym has become basic hygiene for me - I would sooner skip a shower than a workout. And the AAS is just a means to an end... Multi Vit/Min round off my dietary holes, MRP's give me a quick nitrogen boost, and anabolic -steroids help improve protein synthesis and bind cortisol in it's tracks... like marcus300 said, if I didn't train - I wouldn't take the drugs... so I don't think it can be labeled as an addiction... anymore than my multi vitamin or protein sups - or food, is... and I honestly see no major health concerns in reasonable/researched AAS use - especially with routine check-ups and blood work....

I believe Charles Yeselis, an authority on drug use and abuse, wrote about this topic in his book... Anabolic Steroids in Sports and Exercise...

primetime1 is offline Member
    some great points here.. i my self am addicted to the gym also. its part of my daily routine and im sure its like this for most of us on on here. the use of aas is only a helper to gettin to your goals and many ppl dont understand this. most ppl dont understand the bb lifestyle in the 1st place, not that i am a bb but i certianly bust my ass in the gym, eat healthy, and rest. with out the underlying routine aas wouldnt do anything for us...

Quote Originally Posted by primetime1
    some great points here.. i my self am addicted to the gym also. its part of my daily routine and im sure its like this for most of us on on here. the use of aas is only a helper to gettin to your goals and many ppl dont understand this. most ppl dont understand the bb lifestyle in the 1st place, not that i am a bb but i certianly bust my ass in the gym, eat healthy, and rest. with out the underlying routine aas wouldnt do anything for us...
    But they find it normal to get the big mac and super-sized fries and coke... or to inhale a pack of cigarettes a day... or sit on their lazy asses and complain about being fat and out of shape when all they have to do is go up a flight of stairs... and then they say what we do is unhealthy...

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    i love the feeling when am on and the fullness and pumped is very addictive but i would say am addicted to the gym and not the gear, if i didnt train i wouldnt take gear..
    gotta agree with marcus on this,the addiction is to the gym and trainin,would you use roids if you did not train??no you would not!!nuff said!!

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Im 43 (tomorrow) and did my first aas cycle earlier this year. I ran 15 weeks and did not want it to end. I had a very good PCT but all the time couldnt wait to get back on. Now Im back on for contest prep and after just one week, the prop is kicking in and Im getting that familiar feeling back!

For me, the aas is necessary to be competitive at this stage of bodybuilding. I will compete for at least a couple more years. When I stop competing I will stop aas use. I lifted weights for 30 years without taking them and was very happy with my recreational lifting physique.

latman_49 is offline New Member
    bump

decadbal is offline Banned
    my goals correlate with heavy steroid use ... when i dont take them, i feel like im wasting time... mentally not taking them is almost impossible for me.. physically i never have any trouble...

Thread Information