Thread: is this a joke?

is this a joke?

mtv true life on steroids . seriously....from skinny people to gay people then to death. could they try to embarass us more?

vein-x is offline Associate Member
    Truthfully, I like the way they ended it. I was worried out of my mind (seriously) that they would portray AAS as miracles in vials and anyone could put on 20lbs of mass per month with. They had that going in the beginning, when they started the show with a guy with a solid physique.

Fortunately, it got worse and worse until it came to the end with the kid dying and eventually talked about the gay guy and his battles with depression that put him in the hospital. If they had just focused on the 1st guy, I'm sure 1,000,000 more teens would now be on here posting about sources because they 'wanna look like that pro bodybuilder did on MTV True Life!!!'

I just hope the kids realize that depression and sadly... death, are all too possible without proper research and usage. Embarrassed? I wouldn't say so. It wasn't aimed so much at bashing juice, just giving a real take using 'Real Lives.'

Monsteronjuice is offline Associate Member
    the 1st guy looked like crap, I don't understand how people can even see him as decent big

Njectable is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsteronjuice
    the 1st guy looked like crap, I don't understand how people can even see him as decent big
    well the one guy had pretty good size if you ask me. And at first i couldn't believe MTV put something that ridiculous on the air, cause usually their true life documents are pretty accurate with the way things are, but once i seen the cameras go from the bigger guy to the gay guy i couldn't believe it. I didn't know how they could pick someone like that to be on a show that is suppose to be documenting Steroid Users, and how Steroids are effecting them. Like what the **** does showing him at the gay club dancing on stage have anything to do with steroids? But after i went to sleep that night and woke up the next day i realized it might of actually been better off that they made the show that retarded, cause its likely unbelievable how many young people watch mtv, and how many people tuned in to watch that show, and i'd rather not 80% of the new age population going on juice to bulk up and everyone around the world getting jacked, cause then it wouldn't even be an accomplishment to be big, cause half the people around town would be big too and suddenly your just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by motoxer23
    well the one guy had pretty good size if you ask me. And at first i couldn't believe MTV put something that ridiculous on the air, cause usually their true life documents are pretty accurate with the way things are, but once i seen the cameras go from the bigger guy to the gay guy i couldn't believe it. I didn't know how they could pick someone like that to be on a show that is suppose to be documenting Steroid Users, and how Steroids are effecting them. Like what the **** does showing him at the gay club dancing on stage have anything to do with steroids? But after i went to sleep that night and woke up the next day i realized it might of actually been better off that they made the show that retarded, cause its likely unbelievable how many young people watch mtv That's what I was saying... 12-16 is a pretty impressionable age and if Joe the 'bodybuilder' uses steroids and he has a physique the ladies like, Johnny Highschool is going to use them too, because HE wants ladies to look at him. and how many people tuned in to watch that show, and i'd rather not 80% of the new age population going on juice to bulk up and everyone around the world getting jacked, cause then it wouldn't even be an accomplishment to be big, cause half the people around town would be big too and suddenly your just like everyone else. Juice doesn't work like that. One injection doesn't make you superman, and any kid who'd believe there's actually a substance out there that does that is out of their mind in the first place. AAS help you put on mass and power, they don't do it FOR you...
    My replies are in bold...

i was thinking about that the other day ... what if everyone could get big... that would definately not be cool. im sorry the mtv true life really through my off guys, i mean one scene is a needle in a vial, then jumped to dancing at a gay bar. i by no means am bashing gay people, but what was with that?

Quote Originally Posted by vein-x
    Juice doesn't work like that. One injection doesn't make you superman, and any kid who'd believe there's actually a substance out there that does that is out of their mind in the first place. AAS help you put on mass and power, they don't do it FOR you...

My replies are in bold...

Well i wasn't implying that, i try and make that same argument when someone approaches me and tries to say steroid users are taking the easy way out, because the truth is we still goto the gym like everyone else, and in fact we without a doubt probably work harder then people that aren't on juice with our training and our diets. I wasn't saying they add mass while u sit and do nothing. But i think one could say we have an advantage though who juice from those who don't and if everyone starts to fall into what might become a "trend" then the advantage is gone and everyone gains size respectively as the same pace, granted they know how to train.

I couldn't agree with you more Moto. Unfortunately, if it really got to that point the US would consider it to be a 'Steroid Epedemic' and shoot at juicers ON SIGHT (you know this isn't THAT irrational...) which would put more than 90% of the teen juicers OFF-cycle... just the way it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by vein-x
    I couldn't agree with you more Moto. Unfortunately, if it really got to that point the US would consider it to be a 'Steroid Epedemic' and shoot at juicers ON SIGHT (you know this isn't THAT irrational...) which would put more than 90% of the teen juicers OFF-cycle... just the way it is now.
    they'd probably come up with some bullshit story too, to explain why they had to open fire, stating the suspects went into a roid rage and that their was nothing they could do.

Thread Information