drak is offline Associate Member

What should I...

I'm going to be starting a Test E 12 week cycle followed by test prop... I don't have the best eating habbits so I resort to a lot of protein bars/shakes...

What do you guys recommend is best? This is kind of what my eating habbits look like day to day...

I'm 6"3' and weigh about 195

Morning: Protein Shake
    11:00: Protein Bar
    12:00: Chicken Sandwhich/Frys
    3:00: Protein Bar
    5:00: Bananna
    6:00: Dinner (chicken, mashed potatoes, etc...)
    9:00: Protein Shake

Also, is eating junk like pizza not good for weight training, etc... or does it not really matter...?

Please give me some suggestions/feedback.

Thanks

MiZongMaster is offline Associate Member
    get rid of the frys and mashed potatoes.. try and go for wheats/brown rice types of carbs.. I would add 1/2-1 cup of old fashioned oats into the breakfast.. also, try and stick with protein shakes instead of bars if you can.. the bars seem to contain more sugars and trans fats. get more lean meat in there as well.. quick stuff, like the canned tuna or salmon.. you can also add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter into a meal or 3, depending on your goals.

Quote Originally Posted by drak
    Also, is eating junk like pizza not good for weight training, etc... or does it not really matter...?
    it only matters if your goal is to gain muscle instead of fat.. pizza is high in fat and simple carbs, which is something you should try and avoid.. but you can have pizza on your 1 cheat meal a week.

check the bulking/cutting stickies in the diet forum.. there is more information over there

thanks for the great information. i forgot to mention that sometimes i do eat oatmeal in the morning. The reason I have the bars is for when I'm not home, etc... it shows on my chart that I ate 2 a day, but actually, i break it in half, so it's really only 1...

Also: my step-mom is a personal trainer, and she says your body can only consume 15g protein at a time, and the bars i have are 30g, so she says to break them in half, is this true?

Thanks

I know the body is limited to how much protein you can synthesis at once.. but 15 is way to low I think.. I believe it is more around 60-75+mg

if you do by bars, find ones that dont have trans fat, and that dont have sugars in them.. there are a few on the market, but I cant recall the names

my current protein bars are the "Premeir Protein" which have 0 trans fat, but about 9g sugar in each one, will these be ok or no?

they shouldnt kill you.. but you should try and stay away from sugar.. but since your cutting those in half, I dont think you will get any negative effects from it

so you think that food up there, if i remove the mashed potatoes, and frys, and add like oatmeal, tuna, and peanut butter, will be fine and enough to keep gains pretty well? I personally thought I would need to eat more...

Thanks

Smiley619 is offline Member
    like stated above lose the mashed and fry's. without including the shakes you are only getting in 2 real meals a day. so my first hting on the list would to get more meals in during the day then, supplement your meals with shakes. shakes as your main source protein is not good.

get more meals during the day, then are you saying supplement the meals at night with the shakes or what? I didn't totally understand what you said.. I will add like peanut butter, tuna, oatmeal, along with the shakes and the bars, also, what about pasta? Is pasta a bad choice of food? I tend to eat quite a bit of pasta for dinner.

wuboy25 is offline Associate Member
    You're not gonna grow from this diet bro. Eat 6 meals at 700 calories each (with 60g prot per meal), have more solid food (chicken, red meat, oatmeal, brown rice, tuna, etc...)... my advice, consult the diet section.

j martini is offline Member
    thanks for the great information. i forgot to mention that sometimes i do eat oatmeal in the morning. The reason I have the bars is for when I'm not home, etc... it shows on my chart that I ate 2 a day, but actually, i break it in half, so it's really only 1...

Also: my step-mom is a personal trainer, and she says your body can only consume 15g protein at a time, and the bars i have are 30g, so she says to break them in half, is this true?

Thanks
    Dont listen to this sort of crap, Who can only consume 15g of protein at a time where did that figure come from, was the research carried out on hard training bodybuilders that use AAS that increase protein synthesis i think not.
    Likely carried out on the regular Joe slob whos idea of exercise is tieing his shoe laces, also if you eat a steak that contains 60g of protein, the protein is not digested by the body immediately it is slowly broken down over a matter of hours so to sum up she is full of crap.

Smoothb001 is offline Junior Member
    I'm going to be starting a Test E 12 week cycle followed by test prop... I don't have the best eating habbits so I resort to a lot of protein bars/shakes...

What do you guys recommend is best? This is kind of what my eating habbits look like day to day...

I'm 6"3' and weigh about 195

Morning: Protein Shake
    11:00: Protein Bar
    12:00: Chicken Sandwhich/Frys
    3:00: Protein Bar
    5:00: Bananna
    6:00: Dinner (chicken, mashed potatoes, etc...)
    9:00: Protein Shake

Please give me some suggestions/feedback.

Thanks

does anyone eat veggies? VERY important to incorporate, especially in high protein diets!

Thread Information