broncojosh is offline Senior Member

how long after bulking cycle until I can start cutting?

How long do I have to wait after my bulking cycle is over start cutting? I want to keep as much muscle as possible, so I'm kinda nervous about screwing with my diet/cardio after my bulker. I'm not talking about cutting with juice, I know I have to wait...time on=time off.

j.j. is offline Associate Member
    I would like to know this as well. Two more bulking cycles and the I would like to cut over the winter. I too am interested in this topic.

anybody?

i guess nobody cuts after they bulk...come on guys...

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    Bronco josh, I would wait for the whole time on time off deal, and use some "enhancement" while you cut...if you know what I mean. The reason is because it's really hard to lean out while keeping all that hard earned muscle. At least this has been my experience when cutting not on anything, I lose alot of size, and I mean alot to get to the desired bf%. I would go from like 195 to 165 to get down to around 8% bf from 11-12%, just feeling tiny bro. You walk a very fine line when dieting and doing cardio trying not to loose size. Just my opionion, although it may not go well with the other's is to wait as long as you were on, and then do a cutting cycle or just a mild cycle while leaning out. That way you wont sacrifice all that hard earned muscle. I'm going to run a Anavar /creatine cycle while leaning out to help preserve the mass I got from SUS/EQ. Just my thoughts

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Originally posted by Iwan2bsolid2
    Bronco josh, I would wait for the whole time on time off deal, and use some "enhancement" while you cut...if you know what I mean. The reason is because it's really hard to lean out while keeping all that hard earned muscle. At least this has been my experience when cutting not on anything, I lose alot of size, and I mean alot to get to the desired bf%. I would go from like 195 to 165 to get down to around 8% bf from 11-12%, just feeling tiny bro. You walk a very fine line when dieting and doing cardio trying not to loose size. Just my opionion, although it may not go well with the other's is to wait as long as you were on, and then do a cutting cycle or just a mild cycle while leaning out. That way you wont sacrifice all that hard earned muscle. I'm going to run a Anavar/creatine cycle while leaning out to help preserve the mass I got from SUS/EQ. Just my thoughts
    That is probably what you are "supposed" to do...I have the same dilemma, it's not a good idea to cut immediately following a bulking cycle if you are not using anabolics cause your body is in a very catabolic stage...If you do bulk and then cut, be sure to keep your protein intake very high and try to lose the fat slowly..Clen may help some also...you might want to extend your cycle 6 weeks and use test prop/fina/winny or something like that for those extra weeks...

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by ironfist

That is probably what you are "supposed" to do...I have the same dilemma, it's not a good idea to cut immediately following a bulking cycle if you are not using anabolics cause your body is in a very catabolic stage...If you do bulk and then cut, be sure to keep your protein intake very high and try to lose the fat slowly..Clen may help some also...you might want to extend your cycle 6 weeks and use test prop/fina/winny or something like that for those extra weeks...
    Test Prop/Fina/Winny/Clen ... thats my current cutter and I am loving it!

extend my current cycle!? I kinda already did, running 15 weeks... I ran things a little backwards, and did test. prop/tren in the first 5 weeks. My cutting cycle will be test. prop/tren/winny for 6 weeks. So I have to wait 15 weeks before I really start cutting...

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Are you talking about cutting--or running a cutting cycle (using steroids )?

If you are just looking to cut naturally (no AS, perhaps Clen /ECA) I would wait until post-Clomid so your natural testosterone levels are back up to help prevent muscle atrophy when you diet. I dieted / did hard cardio post-cycle but pre-Clomid last cycle (I wanted to see the new muslces fast!) and I think that I lost some of my gains. I won't do that again!

If you are using AS--wait the standard time: the length of the time you were on your last cycle.

Ajax, my goal is to be 280 at the end of this cycle, at somewhere around 15%bf. I plan on running a cutting cycle 15 weeks after my bulker, but wanted to know how soon I could start naturally cutting. I figure that I will keep, maybe even increase, my protein/cal consumption post cycle to try and help solidify my gains. But when are my gains kept, and when can I start the heavy running/dieting?

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    280!!??- that has to be a typo. Bronco josh- my advice would be to take "time off", eat very good, keep cals high, and make sure your getting 1.5-2g of Protein/ED. Don't do mass cardio right now, I wouldn't do any as long as your diet's in check. Mabey get on some creatine to help with keeping strength up, and then after "time off" has passed go on a cutting cycle. It doesn't have to be gnarly, you just want to keep your body in an anabolic state while dieting and doing cardio to preserve muscle.

no typo bro, I'm hoping I can put on another 15-20 pounds in the next 9 weeks. I just wanna have my off cycle planned well, to minimize loses. So the consensus is to still basically bulk all the way up to my next cycle?

Thread Information