Mike Dura is offline Senior Member

Critique Dura's Liver Values

After a 6 week superdrol cycle at 20, 20, 30, 30, 20, 20 mgs for week one, two, etc my liver readings are as follows:

Alk****e Phosphatase 32 (L) where 40-160 is within normal range

SGOT 107 (H) where 4-42 is normal range

SGPT 233 (H) where 5-45 is normal range

Also out of range is

Glucose 66 (L) Where 70-100 is norm

Urea nitrogen 27 (H) Where 6-26 is norm

I know it's to be expected that the liver values go up after a cycle but I'd like to get some feedback on these from those who are familiar with their own blood tests. If anyone has experience with these type of readings I'd love to hear some feedback on your readings.

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    wow...that confirms to me how hard superdrol is on the liver

yeah but how does that compare to a typical post steroid cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by RuhlFreak55
    wow...that confirms to me how hard superdrol is on the liver

dunno i'm not one to answer that.....gotta get someone who has regular bloodwork done in on this....

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    damn superdrol is harsh i guess ...... ive ran winny at high dosage and other orals for longer than suggested and never had liver values out of range ... what age are you ?

I'm 37. My lower back area had this ache too. I thought at first it was muscle soreness but maybe it's a stressed liver and kidneys. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by james21
    damn superdrol is harsh i guess ...... ive ran winny at high dosage and other orals for longer than suggested and never had liver values out of range ... what age are you ?

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura
    I'm 37. My lower back area had this ache too. I thought at first it was muscle soreness but maybe it's a stressed liver and kidneys. Who knows.
    back pumps dude...they suck but probably not your liver or kidneys

At one point that's what it felt like. Like my back lower and sometimes upper were pumped. Except it was a painful pump. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    back pumps dude...they suck but probably not your liver or kidneys
    Last edited by Mike Dura; 03-07-2006 at 11:29 AM.

Schwarz is offline Member
    After a 6 week superdrol cycle at 20, 20, 30, 30, 20, 20 mgs for week one, two, etc my liver readings are as follows:

Also out of range is

I know it's to be expected that the liver values go up after a cycle but I'd like to get some feedback on these from those who are familiar with their own blood tests. If anyone has experience with these type of readings I'd love to hear some feedback on your readings.
    Did you get a result for GGT? This is the real indicator of liver damage. SGOT and SPGT can quiet easily be out of wack because of your heavy training....ofcourse they are a little high even for that but GGT will give you a better picture of your overall liver health

S

I don't thing the GGT was given and if it was it didn't fall out of range because I listed everything that fell out of normal range. The doc explained that the readings given indicate liver damage. That's to be expected but I'm just trying to get a basis of comparison for my readings.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarz
    Did you get a result for GGT? This is the real indicator of liver damage. SGOT and SPGT can quiet easily be out of wack because of your heavy training....ofcourse they are a little high even for that but GGT will give you a better picture of your overall liver health

S

BigChris is offline Junior Member

Also out of range is

Your aminotransferases (sgot & sgpt) is a good indicator of liver injury. If they are found in high amounts in the blood like in your case (yours is quite high even for post-cycle blood) it is a good sign for you to put the brakes on and give your liver a bit of attention. Training does carry the potential to elevate these two levels -but not this much. I have seen an almost similar report after someone used good old Anapolin's (the real one's back then)...but I have to say yours does not look AS bad.

It is easily curable though if you stay off the gear for a while and take some supplements to heal it (I believe in Milk Thistle it does the trick). If you really wanna give your liver an overhaul do a proper kidney detox first, followed by a liver detox.

You didn't by any chance have a few drinks while you where on cycle?

Superdrol is mostly ran in 4 week cycles. 6 weeks might prove to be the breaking point.

I would never drink while on gear. I hardly drink off gear. Drinking and bodybuilding just don't mix very well. Thanks for the feedback on these readings. I guess I'm going to have to take a brake for a while until my liver regenerates. I wish I had an idea as to how long that takes.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChris
    Your aminotransferases (sgot & sgpt) is a good indicator of liver injury. If they are found in high amounts in the blood like in your case (yours is quite high even for post-cycle blood) it is a good sign for you to put the brakes on and give your liver a bit of attention. Training does carry the potential to elevate these two levels -but not this much. I have seen an almost similar report after someone used good old Anapolin's (the real one's back then)...but I have to say yours does not look AS bad.

It is easily curable though if you stay off the gear for a while and take some supplements to heal it (I believe in Milk Thistle it does the trick). If you really wanna give your liver an overhaul do a proper kidney detox first, followed by a liver detox.

You didn't by any chance have a few drinks while you where on cycle?

OK......so no more superdrol after i use up these bottles.....

chino777 is offline Junior Member

Smile

Hey Mike,
    did you take any supps like milk thistle?

=> De Ritis (SGOT/SGPR) =~ 0.4
    It could be worse.

No supps, but I'm going to get some mile thistle today. Other than that I've been drinking plenty of water. So you've seen worse? I'm not sure how to read that number below. That looks like a proportion but up to this point I haven't seen liver readings expressed that way. Is there a range that goes with that reading (e.g., norm would be X, out of norm would be .4 to .6). The more you can explain to me (and the readers) the better. De Ritis?

Quote Originally Posted by chino777
    Hey Mike,
    did you take any supps like milk thistle?

=> De Ritis (SGOT/SGPR) =~ 0.4
    It could be worse.

Thread Information