Thread: Injection Help!

bobio_69 is offline Associate Member

Injection Help!

"After inserting it deep into the muscle, pull back on the stopper for a few seconds to make sure it does not fill up with blood which would indicate that the needle had been injected into a blood vessel. "

Ok my question is, what are the chances of hitting a vein or blood vessel in your ass? I knwo if done properly you wont hit anything, but it kinda freaks me out that there is still a chance that I might inject into a vein....is there a high chance of this when injecting into the glute?

DBflash21 is offline Member
    Never experienced hitting a vein or any other problems while injecting in the glute. Worst case scenario, pull it out and pick a different spot.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    don't loose sleep over it. You won't inject in a vein if you aspirate correctly. and if you do it's not like you're going to die or anything.

when you pull back on the needle to see if you draw blood, how long do you usaually do that for?

if you're in a vein blood will fill the syringe instantly

Thanks!!! that helps a lot bro! So I should just draw back on the syringe for a a second or so to see if I draw blood, and if i dont, then im good 2 go?

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    don't loose sleep over it. You won't inject in a vein if you aspirate correctly. and if you do it's not like you're going to die or anything.
    Does this mean that if I did inject in a vein or something by accident that nothing serious will happen?

well let me put it this way. I know guys who have put ~3 cc's into a vein and lived to talk about it. Does that mean you should do it? no! But it's not something to seriously stress over. If you are in a vein and you aspirate you are going to know immediately. So you have nothing to really worry about. If by the time the plunger is pulled back you don't see blood filling the barrel of the syringe, you are ok to inject.

Thanks alot man!!! just one more quick question...should you pull the plunger back the whole way or just a little? I always thought that if you got air in the syringe its bad? Sorry if its a stupid question!

DBflash21 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobio_69
    Thanks alot man!!! just one more quick question...should you pull the plunger back the whole way or just a little? I always thought that if you got air in the syringe its bad? Sorry if its a stupid question!
    Just a hair, wait a couple seconds, then you are good to go. No need to pull it back any further.

Your help is greatly appreciated my friend! Thank you very much, and take care

Thread Information