Thread: enlarged heart

Kevan is offline Associate Member

enlarged heart

Dr. told me I have an enlarged left ventricular, said it is from lifting heavy. I am getting up there, 50 later this year. So I am wondering if you guys feel you can still build some quality muscle and continue growing with medium weights instead of going heavy? Perhaps I should post this in the over 30's but this side has a lot more replies.

man-g is offline Associate Member
    bumb for u bro :-)

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    having enlarged left ventricular can mean many things, and its not all necessarily bad. Doing cardio causes it etc.. with that info is possible to tell whats ur situation ? Did the doc advise u to stop lifting??

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    You will need to check with your doctor, but most often an enlarged ventricle is of no concern for your activities. I would definently stay away from hGH just to be safe.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    You will need to check with your doctor, but most often an enlarged ventricle is of no concern for your activities. I would definently stay away from hGH just to be safe.
    I totally agree....

curious as to why stay away from HGH?? I have high blood pressure and it is being treated with meds. perhaps this damage was done before the meds. I just went through the stress test, and he said I was in great shape, but to lift lighter as it will continue to cause problems. I am also on TRT, 250mg a week, he said that might also be the cause. I find it really hard to get a straight answer from these clowns. Guess the main thing is my ticker is in good shape at the moment, i'd just like to keep it that way.

Jayhawk21 is offline Junior Member
    I'm just curious, how many cycles have you done?

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    an enlarged left ventricle isnt necessarily a bad thing. a lot of athletes have them. The left ventricle pumps the most blood and since exercising causes increased blood flow, it can increase the size of your left ventricle. Lance Armstrong has an enlarged left ventricle. I think he's in decent shape......

I have done 3 cycles but also use test for TRT being 49, i don't ever go off the stuff. I don't know if that is a contributing factor or not. I think my high bp is a bigger factor, although it is under control now from the meds.

Thread Information