Thread: poke sting

briansauras is offline Senior Member

poke sting

so I poked today and just as the pin broke the skin it started to sting real bad. I mean i had some oil on it the pin. It just stung worse as i tried to push it in more. Kinda like a prop shot x10. Well i took it out and now like 30min later That area hurts to touch.

Should I be worried?

dirtyi730 is offline Associate Member
    sounds like you just hit a nerve or something real sensitive, i wouldn't be real worried

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    No worries......... I have done this many times........ you either were near a vein or nerve.

KDRLINUS is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by briansauras
    so I poked today and just as the pin broke the skin it started to sting real bad. I mean i had some oil on it the pin. It just stung worse as i tried to push it in more. Kinda like a prop shot x10. Well i took it out and now like 30min later That area hurts to touch.

Should I be worried?
    sometimes mine sting pretty bad if i just wiped with an alcohol pad and didnt let my glute dry.

crane is offline Associate Member
    everytime i poke in my leg 9 times outa 10 it stings. (i hate leg shots) The minute i put the needle to my skin i can tell if it is going to go through a vein. Once i break through the skin it should slide nicely in. but if it becomes more sensitive than i am close to or in an artery. it usually takes me about4-5 mins just to push the needle all the way in. Sometimes i have to keep redirecting the needle once it's in. glutes no problem. i usually do about 3mls in my leg. the next day it feels like i literally got shot. and my leg sticks out about 2 inches. Thank god i don't workout my legs it also feels warm to the touch, but it goes away.

Can i ask you a question, are you rotating good? b/c that is a possibility too. But you would usually get bruising associated with it too. I think its more likely a nerve as mud said, but just my .02
    -Wild

KDRLINUS is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crane
    everytime i poke in my leg 9 times outa 10 it stings. (i hate leg shots) The minute i put the needle to my skin i can tell if it is going to go through a vein. Once i break through the skin it should slide nicely in. but if it becomes more sensitive than i am close to or in an artery. it usually takes me about4-5 mins just to push the needle all the way in. Sometimes i have to keep redirecting the needle once it's in. glutes no problem. i usually do about 3mls in my leg. the next day it feels like i literally got shot. and my leg sticks out about 2 inches. Thank god i don't workout my legs it also feels warm to the touch, but it goes away.
    4-5 mins.......DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMM

velvetlion is offline Banned
    Probably a nerve. Like someone else posted, if you just wiped with alcohol that can cause some stinging on the initial entry, but wouldn't really bother you later.

Quote Originally Posted by KDRLINUS
    4-5 mins.......DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMM
    yeah, for some reason my legs are very sensitive. I used to be able to do it in about 1 or 2 min. but had bad exp. once when i went through artery. Had to artery because the pain was so bad, it felt like someone was cuting my leg off. after i injected and tried to remove the needle, i felt every little movement of that needle. at that point i swore never to do my leg again. but my legs look so good and meaty. i can't resist, i just go very slow.

yeah, for some reason my legs are very sensitive. I used to be able to do it in about 1 or 2 min. but had bad exp. once when i went through artery. Had to artery because the pain was so bad, it felt like someone was cuting my leg off. after i injected and tried to remove the needle, i felt every little movement of that needle. at that point i swore never to do my leg again. but my legs look so good and meaty. i can't resist, i just go very slow.
    you are a sick man, but i feel ya, almost went for my glute but the leg looks perfect, plus you can see what's going on, only rotation i'll be doing doing is left and right.

i usually do about 3mls in my leg. the next day it feels like i literally got shot. and my leg sticks out about 2 inches.
    no shit, my leg is bumpin!

briansauras is offline Senior Member
    i wasnt sure if it was the oil on the pin or what. But as soon as I broke skin it was crazy stinging, no muscle spasm or anything just an alcohol like sting. it was right on the upper side of my quad

Quote Originally Posted by briansauras
    i wasnt sure if it was the oil on the pin or what. But as soon as I broke skin it was crazy stinging, no muscle spasm or anything just an alcohol like sting. it was right on the upper side of my quad
    did some alcohol get down in there, was everything dry?

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    Jab and go bro!!!! its the only way!!!!

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    the same happened to me yesterday when i shot in my right delt, stung when it broke the skin, maybe the needle wasnt very sharp, or for some reason the skin was more tender than usual

Quote Originally Posted by goalseeker
    Jab and go bro!!!! its the only way!!!!
    your nuts! my ass, yeah. not my leg though. i wish i could do that. i evy those that can. I have to put the needle up to my skin and touch very lightly to see if it is sensitive. If it is, i then move over a couple centimeters till i feel very little.

Thread Information