java is offline New Member

infection away from injection site?

Hi all,
    newbie here.. done searches for infections, but haven't come across the following..
    Shot Test E (1cc) into my upper/outer left glute 4 days ago. Was sore more than normal, but no big deal.. 2 days later, I get this hot spot, small lump (nothing like the baseball or fist size, I've read described in some post) abt 3.5" away from the inject site. Its toward the upper inner glute.. very close to the spine/tail bone. I've also been running a fever for the past 2 days. The injection site is still sore as well.
    Is this any thing to worry abt?
    tks in adv.
    J~

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Go to your doctor and get it checked out. With a fever present, don't wait for someone here to give you advice. Trust your body bro. The fever tells you something is wrong.

Tks Sentinal,
    will go see a doc tomorrow.
    Fever was pretty bad this afternoon..seems to have subsided abit.
    Still no real bruising but upper 1/2 of glute is painful.. Even though this side of gulte is swollen, but where the heck is the alleged large lump everyone talks abt?

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    fever=something's not right inside. Might be nothing but it's beter to be safe then sorry.

TheSentinal is offline Member
    Let us know what your doctor says...

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Human grade gear? UGL? Whatcha got? Using proper injection procedure? How did the second shot affect you?

Sounds like a quality control problem, to me.

I'm using S*****h gear. I've read nothing but good stuff abt S*****h

the 1st 3 weeks @ 2x per week, I was injecting EQ (thinking it was Test E, long story, I screwed up/misread the product codes on the packaging).
    These injects were fine, no problems what so ever. The problem started with the 1st inject of test E, now 5 days ago. The sterilization process of site/hardware(s) was the same as the 1st 3 weeks.

Stupid question, shud I continue with the cycle or cut it short until I'm 'heal'?
    (I still have unopen packets of Test E and Test C)
    Last edited by java; 06-05-2006 at 02:39 PM.

Monday nite.. pain lessen. area still warm to touch.
    continued to get better thru out the nite. Just came back from doc this morning. Told Doc I was injecting B12. Gave me a scribt for Cefadroxil.

from the internet:"Cefadroxil is a cephalosporin antibiotic used to treat certain infections caused by bacteria such as skin, throat, and urinary tract infections"

Doc thinks it might be Celulitis, Says, its a wierd place for Cellutitis- this is the area away from the injection site.
    Again from internet:
    "Cellulitis (sel-u-LI-tis) is a potentially serious bacterial infection of your skin. Cellulitis appears as a swollen, red area of skin that feels hot and tender, and it may spread rapidly.
    Skin on the face or lower legs is most commonly affected by this infection, though cellulitis can occur on any part of your body. Cellulitis may be superficial — affecting only the surface of your skin — but cellulitis may also affect the tissues underlying your skin and can spread to your lymph nodes and bloodstream.
    Left untreated, the spreading bacterial infection may rapidly turn into a life-threatening condition. That's why it's important to recognize the signs and symptoms of cellulitis and to seek immediate medical attention if they occur."

So to sum it up.. Doc dont seems to know much. Blood pressure is OK, Chk beathing, etc with stethoscope. No more fever. Pain lessen.
    Haven't worked out in a week. I'll continue with the cycle tonite.

J~

aaronswt84 is offline Associate Member
    my bro is on the same brand, and the test e, his @$$ swells up and bruises for the first 4 or 5 days, then it goes away. His skin is like leather though so its hard to get the 23g needle thru. He also has never cycle, so his muscles are virign. I filtered all the gear thru a .22 whataman so i dont think its an infection, just the gear is harsh on him.

Thread Information