slowhealer is offline New Member

Exclamation Complete noob needs advice, should I try deca?

Hey guys,

Been reading for days and am overwhelmed by info.

Need some advice with my situation.

Stats:
    42 years old
    6'0, 175lb
    8-9% body fat
    Diet: pretty damn clean. No worries.
    Supplements: glucosamine/MSM/Chon, animal packs vitamins, ZMA, whey protien, flaxseed oil
    Only lift weights occasionally
    Workout 2-3 times a week.

I have no interest in blowing up with muscle, although im not against it. Im part of a wrestling club, and thats what I do to stay in good shape. Excellent for cardio and functional strength in general.

Now my issue. Im very slow to heal. Ive been tested like crazy for everything. My blood work is great. Well above average. Docs say im an athlete in solid condition. However, I yank and pull things and at 42, things heal very very slowly. Other guys my age can train twice as much as me though.

My recovery time is crap and its driving me crazy. I can only wrestle twice a week most times because it takes all the rest of the days to recover from my 2 hour workouts. I try to do some light cardio outside of class to help me recover better, but that just pushes me over the edge into the over training zone and my body shuts down.

Ive never considered the juice for anything until now. Not to gain mass, but after many months of cumulative damage/rundown/exhaustion, it would be nice to get a short boost of something that could help me recover faster and heal up faster so I dont have to take a ton of time off.

I had to stop training completely for a full month last time I got so run down. Its very frustrating. Everything aches and I cant exercise. I get tendonitus and my shoulder sockets, hip sockets, knees, wrists and elbows all hurt. I got my testosterone tested and its in the lower 1/3 of the "normal range".

I was reading about deca and that grabbed my attention because of its joint/tendon heal-ing properties. This was very attractive to me. Again, im not looking for mass, I just want to recover faster. Here is a quote from a website that got me thinking about it:
    The anabolic steroid deca has been established as a great soother of sore joints and tendons. Athletes report that sore shoulders, knees, and/or elbows are somehow without pain on the anabolic steroid deca cycle. This may be substantiated by proving it reduces the amount of cortisol getting into muscle tissue during the cycle. The anabolic steroid deca also dramatically improves nitrogen retention and recuperation time between workouts

What do you guys recommend? I want to take the lowest dosages possible and as few times a year as possible.

What should I be looking at???

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

stocky121 is offline VET~ Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    at 6 duce and 175 pound's i think you can work on your diet first before steroid 's

but a good first cycle would 500mg of test eth or test cyp for 10 to 12 week's followed by pct

Nah, my diet is great. Im not interested in size, like I said before. Ive done body building in the past and got up to 230+, but I have no interest in that.
    Im slender, defined, fast and strong, and thats fine with me. Carrying extra weight makes me move slower and destroys my cardio. Im a good weight for an endurance athlete, not a body builder.

I want to hear recommendations one what to take to help recovery time and joint/tendon heal-ing.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhealer
    Nah, my diet is great. Im not interested in size, like I said before. Ive done body building in the past and got up to 230+, but I have no interest in that.
    Im slender, defined, fast and strong, and thats fine with me. Carrying extra weight makes me move slower and destroys my cardio. Im a good weight for an endurance athlete, not a body builder.

I want to hear recommendations one what to take to help recovery time and joint/tendon heal-ing.
    Again test 500mg a week will do just that. Get deca off your brain. The deciding factor for bulking up or not is your diet, not just your gear.

card hunt is offline New Member
    Mate you've got to up the amount of protien and carbs beffore even considering gear. It will only make you more run down otherwise. That is why your natural levels are lower than they should be.

I understand what your saying..but deca prob isn't a good idea if you want as much speed as possible as it can bloat you.

I would just run 500mg/wk Test Enanthate for your first cycle and being the age you are you may not even need to take that much.

Also I would look into Eq in the future, it will also increase your RBC count like deca but will not bloat you, just give you some Lean Body Mass

clipper is offline Associate Member
    I have used deca and have had great results with it for my shoulders and elbows. I used it with test E, and by it self. But I am going for size and power. It does not bloat me that bad. And I do not get the side of "deca dick".
    I would say deca 400 a week for 10 weeks with test E at 500 for 10 or 11 weeks. But like the others have said you would need to up the calories and protien to get the best results.

Even if im only interested in the he****g properties of deca , I still need to up my calories and protein?

If I up my calories without lifting weights, I will gain the weight in fat. My calories and energy expendenture are currently balanced. If I up my calories, I have to start lifting weights to make sure it turns to muscle instead of fat. I dont see how lifting weights on top of my joint beating wrestling is going to help my joints heal up.

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    Even if im only interested in the he****g properties of deca , I still need to up my calories and protein?

If I up my calories without lifting weights, I will gain the weight in fat. My calories and energy expendenture are currently balanced. If I up my calories, I have to start lifting weights to make sure it turns to muscle instead of fat. I dont see how lifting weights on top of my joint beating wrestling is going to help my joints heal up.
    come onnn you said you were up to 230+ you should have the knowledge and experiecne to get anywhere from your current weight to what you were at no problem
    why juice if you arent lifting that seriously and arent looking to gain mass

i call BS on the 230+ because if it was true youd have no problem putting on the exact amount of weight you wanted

Anabolios is offline Anabolic Member
    oh you said recovery time and joint tendon he****g...lol WHOOOPS try glucosamine for joints but dont run deca alone if you decide to go that route!! and it doesnt work on soothing joints for long after you are done

i still dont understand how you got up to 230 and dont know how to keep your joints safe....ANYWAYS im done
    Last edited by Anabolios; 01-21-2006 at 12:18 AM.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Dont do a cycle. If you are already taking glucosamine, chondroitin and MSM then thas all you need. I think it would be rather pointless to do a cycle of anabolic steroids because u are a wrestler with sore joints. Just seems idiotic.

-Bino

POSH is offline Member
    I agree with above. Dont do deca or any steroid . Take supplements above and more protein and this will help you recover faster. You are opening up a REAL big box of worms when you start taking deca or anything steroid related and in your situation the cons will probably outweigh the pros.
    Good Luck!

I hit 230+ when body building like a maniac for 2 years when I was like 23 years old. That wasnt at 8% body fat either. I carried some fat due to the massive eating involved. Im 42 now. That was in a different life time.
    Back then, I could do anything and never felt a thing in my joints, and I healed super fast.

Now I eat glucasmine/MSM/Chond like candy, ice and heat my joints/tendons/muscles, supplement like crazy, sleep more, and still dont recover fast enough to work out as much as I want to.

I could never get back up to 230+ again at this age. Maybe 200 with weight lifting, but not even confident of that considering my tendonitus, and general aches and pains from working out.

Then again, I have no interest in gaining weight, only a faster recovery time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anabolios
    oh you said recovery time and joint tendon he****g...lol WHOOOPS try glucosamine for joints but dont run deca alone if you decide to go that route!! and it doesnt work on soothing joints for long after you are done

i still dont understand how you got up to 230 and dont know how to keep your joints safe....ANYWAYS im done

POSH is offline Member
    Anyway, to answer your original question,

"...should I try Deca ?"

NO

So POSH, im curious, would you give the same advice to someone who was interested in putting on massive muscle weight through bodybuilding?

Are you just against steroids in general, or only think they should be used for muscle mass gain, and not better recovery???

Please share more of your reasoning behind your "no" answer please.

Quote Originally Posted by POSH
    Anyway, to answer your original question,

"...should I try Deca ?"

NO

At your age I'd look into HGH.

POSH is offline Member
    So POSH, im curious, would you give the same advice to someone who was interested in putting on massive muscle weight through bodybuilding?

Are you just against steroids in general, or only think they should be used for muscle mass gain, and not better recovery???

Please share more of your reasoning behind your "no" answer please.
    I am not overall against steroids. I think it may be way more complicated than it is worth to you for your goals. Example - You don't run deca alone, so it is highly recommended to run test w/ it. So while running test you have to worry about a TON of possible side effects and have anywhere from 2 to 3 OTHER drugs on hand in case of side effects from the test and deca. THEN you have to have another 1-3 drugs for after you run your cycle to reboot you natural test to start working again because during your cycle you completely shut down your bodies natural test production. So you are looking at having to find a trustworthy person to buy 5 to 8 DIFFERENT illegal drugs from and hopefully not get ripped off or caught for illegal activity.......if you want to do everything properly. Now that is assuming that you didn't get any major side effects. You could be potentially sitting on a doctors table with half of your hair falling out, acne on your back, getting your glandular gyno cut out with $1000 worth of hopefully mostly real drugs sitting at home which you ordered from a flagged site and now when you get well enough after your op to loosen your "drains" from the operation, you get a call from the county police saying they need to talk to you about a package w/ your name on it that was intercepted at the post office. Then you realize that the deca didn't really help THAT much with your recovery time. ALL so you could recover quicker from wresteling......and your balls are half their normal size.

Now some of this could be exagerated, but it COULD all happen, and you really would need most of the 5-8 different drugs I spoke of. Like I said before you are opening up a REALLY BIG CAN OF WORMS by starting to use steroids and just don't be too eager. I mean, what if you go through all that and the deca doesn't prove to be that effective?
    If you do decide you want to juice you have A TON of really smart, good guys on this board who will help you with all your decisions. I wouldn't be against your decision to start if you DEFINATELY wanted/ needed to, I just want you to look at the whole picture before you do

Looking forward to hearing more from everyone elses opinions on this and finally what you decide to do.

Good Luck
    POSH

chinups Guest
    HGH/Anavar /Test

Damn Posh,

Now I see your point. Thanks for the info. Im not real eager to try steroids , im just researching my options at this point. Ive about exhausted all my other natural options.

So I have another question, are these side effects common for people using test at body building dosages or at any dosage?

Do men get the same side effects who are on HRT from a doc and only boosting their testosterone levels to the upper end of what is considered the "normal range"?

Currently Im thinking about trying to find a doc to help get my testosterone a bit higher in the "normal range" using HRT and see how that goes. But I may not even be interested in that if all the same side effects are associated with HRT.

Blog Entries
    . My blood work is great. Well above average. Docs say im an athlete in solid condition. However, I yank and pull things and at 42, things heal very very slowly. Other guys my age can train twice as much as me though.

..Currently Im thinking about trying to find a doc to help get my testosterone a bit higher in the "normal range"
    Just say you want to try steriods .

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    At his age his natural test levels are starting to fall. That said I don't see why a 500mg test e and if he wants 300mg of deca per week for 12 weeks would be a problem. If I were in his situation with my knowledge that is what I would do.

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    I just dont think that deca will help him where he wants to be at, an endurance athlete.

Lemme tell you somehing brother I used to actually get a friend of mine who was older, in his mid 40's deca. For the same reasons you want it the lubrication aspect. He trained in his basement with some free weights and a bench, and he said he never felt better than a deca test cycle. he used super low dosages 300test e/ 150 deca regardless of what I told him. And he loved it.

Recently I told him to look into HGH. He is 4.5 months into his 6 month HGH cycle and he says it was the best thing to ever happen to him. He is leaner, feeling healthier, better sex drive, and guess what NO MORE JOINT ISSUES. Now this is coming from someone who at one point whas to get his leg amputated cause he had broken and fractured it at so many different site.

All in all brother I'd look into GH. I think it will help you keep and achieve your goals better than deca/test.

Surfstud18 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AnabolicAndre
    I just dont think that deca will help him where he wants to be at, an endurance athlete.

Lemme tell you somehing brother I used to actually get a friend of mine who was older, in his mid 40's deca. For the same reasons you want it the lubrication aspect. He trained in his basement with some free weights and a bench, and he said he never felt better than a deca test cycle. he used super low dosages 300test e/ 150 deca regardless of what I told him. And he loved it.

Recently I told him to look into HGH. He is 4.5 months into his 6 month HGH cycle and he says it was the best thing to ever happen to him. He is leaner, feeling healthier, better sex drive, and guess what NO MORE JOINT ISSUES. Now this is coming from someone who at one point whas to get his leg amputated cause he had broken and fractured it at so many different site.

All in all brother I'd look into GH. I think it will help you keep and achieve your goals better than deca/test.
    I second

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    also a very good idea. The only problem with this is cost, and availability.

I was on the fence, but after what POSH said, im not very interested anymore, unless new info comes forward.

Thats why I asked the question about lower dosages to raise my testosterone to higher levels, but still within normal range. Still waiting for an answer.

Im not interested in trying this if I have to deal with all these side effects and multiple drugs to counter them. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Just say you want to try steriods .

Very interesting stuff. Did your friend experience any side effects on the low dosages? Did he have to use other drugs to deal with the test rebound, estrogen, etc????

Do you think test/deca can be used at low dosages without side effects safely? Or did he still need that labratory full of other drugs to coupe with the side effects?

Do docs ever prescribe HGH for medical reasons? Any chance a doc would give me HGH?? What are the valid reasons?

POSH is offline Member
    To my knowledge unless you have a serious medical condition, you can not get HGH perscribed. You MAY be able to get test or test gel perscribed, though. If you were under a doctors supervision, that may be a different story. And to answer you question about dosage....the dosage that is effective is the dosage that can cause sides. Keep researching.

Blog Entries
    I was on the fence, but after what POSH said, im not very interested anymore, unless new info comes forward.

Thats why I asked the question about lower dosages to raise my testosterone to higher levels, but still within normal range. Still waiting for an answer.

Im not interested in trying this if I have to deal with all these side effects and multiple drugs to counter them. No thanks.
    Sorry but you are asking a question that has no real answer. How can we possible determine if you are going to get sides ? Some people can take 200mg of test and get sides but on the other hand others take 1000mg and don't get any sides. No one on this board is going to be able to answer that. The best way to answer this question is to go to wal-mart get a magic 8 ball and ask him. Them things know everything.

Thread Information