PapaPump8 is offline Junior Member

Question Sharpe pain near my heart!

I'm 23 so it's shouldn't be anything serious or atleast i hope! I sometime get a really sharpe pain near my heart my lef side i think it is could be my right now im forgetting but it's my chest and it feel like a quick stroke or a heart attack for like a SECOND like really quick like it feels if it went on any longer it would be a heart attack or something...

Also when im at the movies my legs get this weird feeling like i have to move them it's so weird i can't explain it. like the bloods not running through right or something.No there not falling a sleep its like if i get the feeling i can't not move them sometime ill try to just see how long i can go witout moving and then i have to. Even in bed i have to move them it's like they can't stay still for to long. What could that be? anyone know what im talking about>?
    Last edited by PapaPump8; 12-30-2005 at 01:28 AM.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    are you taking anything right now?

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by PapaPump8
    I'm 23 so it's shouldn't be anything serious or atleast i hope! I sometime get a really sharpe pain near my heart my lef side i think it is could be my right now im forgetting but it's my chest and it feel like a quick stroke or a heart attack for like a SECOND like really quick like it feels if it went on any longer it would be a heart attack or something...

Also when im at the movies my legs get this weird feeling like i have to move them it's so weird i can't explain it. like the bloods not running through right or something.No there not falling a sleep its like if i get the feeling i can't not move them sometime ill try to just see how long i can go witout moving and then i have to. Even in bed i have to move them it's like they can't stay still for to long. What could that be? anyone know what im talking about>?

You should see a doctor...It could be a number of things. There is a condition called costo condritis which is basically chest wall pain that is different than a heart related chest pain. This could be caused by a strained muscle in the chest or in between your ribs.

It could be acid reflux.

On a more serious note...based on what you were saying...about the blood "not flowing" through your legs...if you have a blood clot in your legs you could have "thrown a clot" which means the clot may have broken off and traveled to your heart or lungs. If it goes to your heart it is a myocardial infarction...if it goes to your lungs it is a pulmonary infarction. Both are very serious. Have labs done includin CK CKMB and Troponin T for your heart and have a Spiral Chest Cat scan and/or d-dimer done as well. Your doctor will know best...if you are that concerned go to the ER.

It is better safe than sorry...Im not a doctor and my only advice is to see your MD so you can be treated if it is serious.

Sorry if this doesn't ease your concern

Question

You should see a doctor...It could be a number of things. There is a condition called costo condritis which is basically chest wall pain that is different than a heart related chest pain. This could be caused by a strained muscle in the chest or in between your ribs.

It could be acid reflux.

On a more serious note...based on what you were saying...about the blood "not flowing" through your legs...if you have a blood clot in your legs you could have "thrown a clot" which means the clot may have broken off and traveled to your heart or lungs. If it goes to your heart it is a myocardial infarction...if it goes to your lungs it is a pulmonary infarction. Both are very serious. Have labs done includin CK CKMB and Troponin T for your heart and have a Spiral Chest Cat scan and/or d-dimer done as well. Your doctor will know best...if you are that concerned go to the ER.

It is better safe than sorry...Im not a doctor and my only advice is to see your MD so you can be treated if it is serious.

this happens once in awhile as for me being on anything, yes im on 50mgs of A-50 and a few days into my test and eq but i don't htink it has anything to do with the steriods . The chest pain is like once in a while maybe twice this week and maybe 4 times my whole life as for the whole leg thing that has been hapeening for like a year now after my first cycle i thought it was cause didn't do a PCT so it's been like a year maybe more. I have no insurence so i have not been to the doctors in sometime.

I have no insurence so i have not been to the doctors in sometime

If it is recurrent like you say maybe it is just a pulled muscle or nerve pain in the chest or a small pleuresy. Pulmonary infarctions are usually very fatal and happen fast. I am NO MD.

If you think it is serious GO TO THE ER. Your life is more valuable than a doctors bill. Go with your instincts.

Good luck

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino1

It could be acid reflux.

hmm you know your shit: ck + ckmb for muscle damage and troponin for heart damage. doctor will probably add in myoglobin test to rule out heart attack though.

im gonna go to the doctors tomorrow just to get some test done...I hope it's not as serious as what im reading i mean it's just a sharpe pain that has happened maybe 4 times in the last month it last for a second and i fills like somone stuck me with a needel or something. I guess will see on a side note i guess is hould keep the A-50 at 50 mgs and not 100 cause it's been 2 weeks and i have not gainned much on it maybe 3 lbs... strenght can't tell yet!

Quote Originally Posted by JiGGaMaN
    hmm you know your shit: ck + ckmb for muscle damage and troponin for heart damage. doctor will probably add in myoglobin test to rule out heart attack though.

Not necessarly...more than likely, they would keep him for observation and do repeat cardiac enzymes to r/o Myocardial infarction as well as a stress test.

That is if his d-dimer and cat scan were negative.

Cardiac pain is usually described as "it feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest" with radiation of pain to left arm.

Pulmonary Embolisms usually are characterized as alot of shortness of breath with sharp chest pain. BTW have you flown a great distance or gone scuba diving?????

musclefireman is offline New Member
    paramedic here, not saying I know more than anyone else but u should go to the doc. The chest pain thing is what would worry me most, don't fool around, if its your heart and u don't get it checked and u have a heart atack, well kiss bodybuilding goodbye for awhile. The leg thing I have never heard of, like rhino said could be a clot, also sounds like restless leg syndrome but differs because restless leg usually only happens when in bed from what I've read. Anyway get it checked out, if the chest pain happens again, go to the Emergency dept. or Call 911, u could be having a heart attack or could be in some kind of dysrythmia.

FranKieC is offline "AR's Pretty Boy"
    I actually went to the ER the other night because my leg was numb for like 4 days. The did an ultrasound of my leg and it turned out fine. Bro I have had that feeling before and all of the symptoms you are describing. I had really bad stress and recurring anxiety attacks for a while. Maybe you have some underlying stress. The mind is a very powerful thing. The stress can make you hypersensitive which could make limbs numb and increse you heart rate or make you have palipatations.

Unoid is offline Member
    is stress does that then I should be paralized.

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    I dont know about the legs at the movies thing but i do know that i had chest pain before, almost like a stitch you get in your side from running only in your chest......turns out my lung was collapsed. It was my left lung so i originally thought it was my heart.
    Last edited by Dalton5; 12-31-2005 at 12:38 PM.

8pak is offline Junior Member

Smile

1) The transient sharp pain you describe is usually musculoskeltal in origin, not uncommon, and usually totally benign. The key is that you say it lasts just a mere second or two and is gone. Most people experience this from time to time. Not unusual to feel like a sharp knife stabbing you but just for a second or two. Usually this relates to certain intercostal stretch receptors misfiring. Any of the bad conditions that others have mentioned will give you certain unique symptoms, but lasting over some period of time. Cardiac ischemia/MI: like was said before, severe substernal left chest pain with radiation down left arm, SOB, nausea, diaphoresis---it is not too subtle. Pulmonary embolus: mainly SOB, pleuritic chest pain with respiration (as opposed to dull constant subsernal), tachycardia, sense of doom/panic. Usually PE's have accompaning lower extremity thrombophlebitis, with painful knots or cords in back of legs. This is also a concern for those that inject in the thighs or calves. Cardiac dysrythmia: palpitations, fluttering, SOB, perhaps chest pain. Take your own pulse if you feel this, and see if it is regular or not. As mentioned by previous poster, Costochondritis is the most common diagnosis for transient intercostal chest pain, AFTER all other "badness" has been ruled out. Usually just symptomatic treatment with NSAIDS, local heat, and rest.
    2) Sounds like Restless Leg Sybdrome, also not uncommon. It is a central phenomenon having to do with Dopamine receptors, presumably in the basal ganglion, of the brain. There is medication that your doc can prescribe that is good at controlling these symptoms, if they persist and are bothersome. However, with both leg and chest symptoms together, must entertain PE as a cause (highly doubtful, based on your description though). ...So, be watchful for symptoms that LAST for some period of time, and please DO go see a doctor if concerned.
    Hope this helps your peace of mind.

thanks you guys so much..I'I'm making an appointment and ill give you guys all an update as soon as i found out what the problem is...

dan476 is offline New Member
    Well where is the update

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    I have the leg thing and its even worse than noramlly while on clen .. I dont feel like there is no bloodflow there.. Its like I cant stay still (always had that - even b4 juicing). And well put 8pak..

sbeast007 is offline Senior Member
    sounds to me like u are just about to DIE!!
    just j/k

dan476 is offline New Member
    Man, my chest has been cracking and hurting every day for 2 years now, and whenever i put some pressure between 2nd and 4th rib on right side, it really hurts, i was diagnosed with costochondritis and thats all she wrote. At first i thought that was it for me, but learned to live with it. Back to the gym now and working my ass off. Docs don't seem to know what to do, as I did every test out there and everything came back and Normal. I guess just gotta live with this shit.

Thread Information