RuhlFreak55 is online now Purveyor of Thor's Hammer

First Cycle need critique

So i'm getting ready to do my first cycle here and it looks like this

Test E at 500mg for 12 weeks

D-bol at 30-40 mg wks 1-4

nolva throughout at 10-20 mg

one question i have is that these steroids both have only one star on the keepable gains table....and i'm wondering how accurate this is and how i can increase the amoung of mass i keep.

jamminJohn is offline Junior Member
    Both dbol and test e will cause you to retain a lot of water. When you come off your cycle, you will inevitably lose a lot of water weight, which will make it seem as if you have lost most of your gains. However, with proper training and diet while you're on cycle and proper pct when you come off, you can certainly maintain a good percentage of your gains. I won't go into the specifics of how to do this here, since I am assuming that if you are ready to do your first cycle, you have already done all the required research and planning. If you haven't, you've got a lot of work to do before you start.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Alot of your gains should be very keepable. You will no doubt lose a good amount of water weight from the d-bol and test, however, many make the mistake of not running proper PCT, try to diet too early after or during their cycle, or do not keep up their intensity post cycle. i would recommend that you eat alot during your cycle, keep it clean - chicken, tuna, rice, potatoes, veggies, steak...drink lots of water 1.5 gal/ed at least. if you do this the lean muscle gains you make should be, for the most part, keepable - contingent on the fact that you continue a clean, high calorie diet after your cycle is over. btw, what supplements will you be taking during your cycle? w/ d-bol being toxic to the liver you should get a hold of some liver detox, cranberry extract, ALA, vitamin C, multi-v's... flax seed oil... at least. don't be dissapointed when you do lose some gains.. because you will. if you set your mind to that fact now, you'll be less inclined to lose motivation when it happens. good luck, bro.. i'm interested to know your progress during and post cycle... let me know...

peace.

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    Igifuno are you sayin that most people try and lower there cal intake too soon in pct? and that causes most of the loses??

RuhlFreak55 is online now Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    thanks for the info and yeah i'll post my results up when the time comes....thanks for the info

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    i'm not saying that most people do that.. but i am saying it is a pretty common mistake people make post cycle. lowering your calories too soon post bulking cycle can have a huge effect in weight loss. you HPTA levels are already unsteady, it can be a very "unmotivating" time after having lost strength, and after having eaten 4-5k calories for 10-12 weeks your body can easily become physically exhauted and it becomes increasingly difficult to perform as you had during your cycle. that's why its important to me to mentally prepare myself for strengh/weight lost post cycle. keeping your calories high during this time will certainly help you keep gains.

this is one thing that has always been unclear to me because alot of info says to "adjust" ur diet and workout after u come off and i always thought that might not be a good idea......when do u begin to lower ur cals after a bulking cycle??? and do u alter ur training at all pct?

goalseeker is offline Anabolic Member
    yes you alter it a bit at pct, but most exercises should remain constant...

And your diet will change slightly too...

tjt
    tjt is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goalseeker
    yes you alter it a bit at pct, but most exercises should remain constant...
    When you say alter your training a bit are you refering to lowering intensity?

jamminJohn is offline Junior Member
    While doing pct, you should lower the frequency and volume of your training. You should still train heavy with the basic excercises to maintain size and strength, but don't do as many total sets as you would while on cycle. After pct, you can then resume higher volume training if it suits your goals.

SpiderRico is offline Member
    well said guys pct isnt just the drugs you take after a cycle its the way you eat and work out that i feel has just as much and if not more to do with your gains then drugs

hmm im definately gonna have to research pct diet a little bit more see how to adjust my diet

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    hmm im definately gonna have to research pct diet a little bit more see how to adjust my diet
    Sounds like a good idea. You don't want to lose any of your gains. Your cycle looks great, just make sure your PCT is good. Happy Growing

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderRico
    well said guys pct isnt just the drugs you take after a cycle its the way you eat and work out that i feel has just as much and if not more to do with your gains then drugs
    Well put Spider....

Thread Information