Ripdx is offline Associate Member

how much is too much

How easy is it to overtrain while on gear. for ex trenA60/ed Test Cyp400/wk

POSH is offline Member
    can you be more specific with your question? do you think you are overtraining?.....I don't quite understand the question.

like doing arms tri or bi/ smaller muscles how many sets would be too many? I do around the same amount of sets each week and i am getting stonger i just didnt know if its easy to over train while running..

bump

POSH is offline Member
    This is just my opinion....I am not a doctor, but from my experience

I used to do tri's and traps eod. Unless I was really hurting that day or something. My personal routine would be 2 body-parts each day at the gym. That would make it so I trained each muscle group 1-2x a week. I would always try to throw in some tri pull-downs or some trap shrugs with every other workout though. For some reason I would rarely overtrain those muscles and I love to rip my traps up as much as possible.

As far as how many sets???.....well I would do as many as you can until you can't do anymore. I am sure you know the basics.....bulk=heavier weight/less reps AND cut=lighter weight/more reps. And if all else fails do a few super-sets (training until exhaustion with no break in-between weights). ONly you know your own body and if you can handle more, do more.
    I don't feel like I have answered your question well, so I will bump this thread and advise you to find a member who is a personal trainer. That is just my opinion....hope some of it may help.

Jnrmrplymouth is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by POSH
    This is just my opinion....I am not a doctor, but from my experience

I used to do tri's and traps eod. Unless I was really hurting that day or something. My personal routine would be 2 body-parts each day at the gym. That would make it so I trained each muscle group 1-2x a week. I would always try to throw in some tri pull-downs or some trap shrugs with every other workout though. For some reason I would rarely overtrain those muscles and I love to rip my traps up as much as possible.

As far as how many sets???.....well I would do as many as you can until you can't do anymore. I am sure you know the basics.....bulk=heavier weight/less reps AND cut=lighter weight/more reps. And if all else fails do a few super-sets (training until exhaustion with no break in-between weights). ONly you know your own body and if you can handle more, do more.
    I don't feel like I have answered your question well, so I will bump this thread and advise you to find a member who is a personal trainer. That is just my opinion....hope some of it may help.
    He said it................only YOU can decide this one. We are all different and we all react differently to everything. Training, aas, diet etc. Some guys juice like hell and overtrain doing 9 sets for bis................there are naturals who do 12-16 sets for bis and dont overtrain. I'll use myself as an example..........im on my first cycle but my chest and biceps have become a 'slight sticking point'. I do 9 sets for bis and 11-12 for chest but I have dropped down my sets to 7 for bis and 10-11 for chest. Yet I can hammer my back and quads with like 12-13 sets and they grow and get stronger.

All I can say is maybe experiment..............do more sets if you wish but if you are not seing any gains in strength and size then cut back your sets. The biggest mistake people make is when they start INCREASING their sets if they are not gaining. You gotta find out what works for you.

Thread Information